Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

My journey down from 273...

Rep Points

My journey down from 273...

I spent my four years of high school really into bodybuilding and maintained a decent physique. Since I got to college three years ago I went up from 195 to 273. About ten weeks ago I got so frustrated that I decided to make a change. So far I have lost 34lbs and am currently at 239lbs. I have adopted the bodybuilding lifestyle again but this, like Jennys said, I am going to make it a "lifestyle, not a diet."

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

See, you came up with a title yourself!

Good move acclu! You've done a great job so far and we'll make sure you keep kicking ass

Rep Points

Aug 5 meals

Aug 5

Unfortunately I didnt make it to 6 meals but I aim for 5-6 so I am sitll happy. My diet is probably not as strict as most of yours. I am sure I will get a lot of comments about the bread, milk, chese, etc but I am using them all in very small portions. Like I said, this is a lifestyle thing. I am not cutting up for a competition so I dont think I need to be so strict on myself, I have all the time in the world. I am having good success so far so I think I will continue and just make changes as needed, if progress slow down.

Meal 1: 99% fat free ground turkey (leftover from previous night)
    1 slice wholewheat bread
    1 tsp peanut butter
    1tbsp flax, 1 fish oil, multi-vitamin

Meal 2: 1 large grilled chicken breast (chopped)
    3/4 cup of white rice. (no brown)
    1 medium sweet potato

Meal 3: 6 egg whites
    1/2 slice low-fat borden american cheese
    1/2 slice whole wheat toast
    1 tsp peanut butter
    1 fish oil capsule

Meal 4: 1 can tuna in water
    1 tsp mayonaise ( had to, to dry by itself)
    1 grapefruit

meal 5: 1 scoop whey protein
    1/2 cup 2% milk
    1 tbsp flax
    1 tsp peanut butter
    1/4 banana
    small serving of 99% fat free ground turkey
    1 fish oil capsule

Rep Points

Training

Yeah, this name poped in my head so I just decided to go with it!

As far as training, I didnt do anything today (aug 5). I had done chest and triceps the day before and even did 25 min of cardio so I was pretty sore and decided to take the day off.

I am leaving on a cruise this Sunday so taht will definately be a challenge. It will definately be hard to keep my diet and training up to par while on the boat but I will definately do my best. Oceandude already gave me some suggestions on another thread about the cruise but I would definately like to hear some advice from others. I think the cruise has internet so hopefully I will be able to report in throughout the vacation, hopefully that I have been following my diet! I will also be taking alot of pics so I will post some when I get back.

Before I leave I will take some more progress pics, it has been about ten days since my last ones so I am gonna update my collection. I will post those before I leave as well.

Anyways, its almost 4am here in Florida so I guess I better be hitting the sack, will report in again tomm, I mean today

Luis

Rep Points

Would you like some advice on your meal plan?

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Rep Points

definately Jodi... Advice would be great

Going nowhere fast!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

my advice would be to 'stay away from the internet' ... you're on vacation man - enjoy it!
    Now rollin' with the Raider

Rep Points

naturaltan, it seems like that is the advice that I am getting from most people, and to be honest, chances are that is what I will end up doing BUT I keep telling myself I gotta stick with it...

Im just really motivated right now and would hate to go nuts on the cruise and lose a lot of my progress....which took much hard work...

Jodi, I know my original post sounded like I wasnt willing to make changes to my diet but that is not what I meant. I just dont think I am ready to make drastic changes to the point where I am eating 20g of carbs and only lettuce and brocoli all day. I would definately like to hear about suggestions on better carb choices, supps, protein, etc...

Also, thanks for replying to my post "fish oil, flax, or both" I was hoping to hear from you as I have noticed u have lots of knowledge about subject...

Rep Points

Aug 6 meal 1

meal 1: 2 scoops designer whey protein
    1/3 banana
    1 tsp peanut butter
    1 tbsp flax oil
    1 fish oil capsule
    1 multivitamin

Going nowhere fast!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

acc ... no need to blow what progress you've had so far ... just watch what you're eating and if it's not the healthest choice, just moderate the amount you're eating. Vacations are supposed to be stress free.

Rep Points

How old are you?

Cruise!! Lucky! Enjoy yourself and just use some better food choices. Don't worry about macros and such, just try to keep it healthier and don't stress if you indulge. I would

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Rep Points

Jodi, I am 21... 22 on 9/7

About the cruise...I guess I will make sure I enjoy myself and not stress about macros, etc but I will definately try to keep it clean...I hope

Rep Points

meal 2 aug 6

meal 2

1/4 chicken white (no skin)
    3/4 cup sweet potato
    1/2 cup green beans
    1 corn bread muffin (extra cardio tonight for this)

Rep Points

Aug 6 Totals

Still only got 5 meals today. No lifiting today but for cardio I played raquetball for about 45 min.

meal 1:
    2 scoops designer whey protein
    1/3 banana
    1 tsp peanut butter
    1 tbsp flax oil
    1 fish oil capsule
    1 multivitamin

meal 2:
    1/4 chicken white (no skin)
    3/4 cup sweet potato
    1/2 cup green beans
    1 corn bread muffin (extra cardio tonight for this)

meal 3:
    1 can tuna in water
    1 tsp mayo
    1 tsp peanut butter
    1/2 cup sweet potato

meal 4:
    1 grilled chicken breast
    3 cups romaine lettuce
    Vinegar

meal 5:
    7 egg whites
    1/2 slice borden american cheese

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Morning Acclu!

I wanna go on a cruise too.. I agree with the rest, enjoy it and indulge a little, just not too much I know it's hard to keep away from the good stuff once you start.. Maybe one cheat meal a day. Bring a shaker and some protein powder and other convenient struff

Rep Points

acclu97 - Well, the first thing I'm noticing is that I don't think your eating enough food. You should be eating close to 2900 calories. What are your macros for the day and per meal?

Oh and bananas, milk and bread may not be your best choices

Rep Points

Jenny, I will definately be taking some protein powder, it usually makes me feel full and hopefully this will keep me away from endulging on deserts.... Other than that, I think I'll just keep it as clean as possible

Jodi, The bread I can deinately eliminate. I was eating whole wheat which I thought would be better than white but I guess bread in general is bad. Does whole wheat bread have a high glycemic value?

The milk and banana will deifnately be the toughest. I have been using them to make my shakes and it really makes them taste better I have tried taking my shakes with just water but I really hate drinking them like that, I have to just swallow it fast instead of enjoy it.... Do you have any other suggestions of ways I can make my shake so that they still taste decent?

As far as the calories, I really didnt realize this. I havent really sat down and calculated macros, I just figured I was getting enough. If I am to increase my caloris, what food group should I do it with....more protein, carbs or fat?

Thanks...Luis

Rep Points

Workout for 8/7

This is the routine I plan on doing...

Squats: 1x12@135 1x8@185 1x6@205
    Leg Press: 1x8@360 1x6@450 1x4@540
    Standing Leg Curls: 1x12@50 1x8@60 1x6@70
    Calve Raises: 1x14@180 1x12@200 1x8@220

Any suggestions?

Rep Points

Originally posted by acclu97
    Jenny, I will definately be taking some protein powder, it usually makes me feel full and hopefully this will keep me away from endulging on deserts.... Other than that, I think I'll just keep it as clean as possible

Jodi, The bread I can deinately eliminate. I was eating whole wheat which I thought would be better than white but I guess bread in general is bad. Does whole wheat bread have a high glycemic value?

The milk and banana will deifnately be the toughest. I have been using them to make my shakes and it really makes them taste better I have tried taking my shakes with just water but I really hate drinking them like that, I have to just swallow it fast instead of enjoy it.... Do you have any other suggestions of ways I can make my shake so that they still taste decent?

As far as the calories, I really didnt realize this. I havent really sat down and calculated macros, I just figured I was getting enough. If I am to increase my caloris, what food group should I do it with....more protein, carbs or fat?

Thanks...Luis
    Try 100% stone ground whole grain bread. Banana is one of the worst fruits. Try strawberries instead. They are slow burners and tastes great in chocolate and vanilla.

Figure out what you've have been eating for macros and we can take it from there.

Rep Points

meals for aug 7

Only 5 meals again today, its starting to be the norm. I gotta work on getting that extra meal in. My first shake was with strawberries instead of banana and water instead of milk but it wasnt too good. I left the banana until after my workout, thought it would be the best time to eat it if I had to. Also ate bread post workout. I went overboard on this meal but I was really hungry.

meal 1:
    7 egg whites
    1 slice american cheese
    1 grapefruit
    1 fish oil cap

meal 2:
    1 cup rice
    1 grilled chicken breast

meal 3: (pre workout)
    1.5 scoop whey protein
    3 frozen strawberries
    1 fish oil cap

meal 4: (post workout)
    2 scoops whey protein
    1/2 banana (gotta stop eating them)
    1/2 cup 1% milk
    1 slice whole wheat bread
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    1 tbsp flax oil
    1 fish oil cap

meal 5:
    6 egg whites
    1 slice american cheese
    1/4 cup cottage cheese

workout was legs and it went just as I listed previously. Also did some abs, about 200 crunches in sets of 25. Ended with 20 min of cardio on the bike.

Rep Points

Damn! You eat less than I do. We really need to figure out your macros here and increase your cals. I fear that your metabolism is or will slow down and if you don't bring your cals up than your only hurting yourself. Figure out your macros and I will show you how I would kick this back into gear

Rep Points

That bad huh... The last thing I wanna do is slow down my metabolism so I am gonna rally appreciate some help with this. Today is my last day before I leave for the cruise and I am running errands like a madman. I probabbly wont get a chance to sit down and calculate macros so I am gonna make it a priority as soon as I get back from the cruise. Anyways, thanks for your help and good luck to you on your diet, keep kicking ass

Going nowhere fast!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Originally posted by acclu97

Thanks...Luis
    welcome to protein shakes ...

In the battle of weight loss, I'd definitely put up with the taste of shakes with water. Like everything else, once you get used to it (flax oil ... hemp oil in your shakes ) it becomes routine.

Good luck and let us know how the cruise went.