Divine Nutrition

Headaches and cant sleep...

A Jihad on gyms!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Headaches and cant sleep...

Anyone get them when u are lifting too much??

Also there are nights i just cant sleep when i havent taken enough days off...Just like im wound up and cant relax, all night, shallow sleep, tossing and turning....

I lift every am, usually 6-7am before i start work. There are times ill hit 10 days before i take a day off, but then might take 2-3...

Yes i know the obvious is to take more days off, but im really curious to know why its happening and if i can minimise it while still lifting like i am...Im loving my gains and im putting on some nice lean mass, gut is flat for the first time in 15 years, eating like a horse and not gaining weight...

Dropped from 293 down to 255, 6'7, a hint of abs, vascular under load in arms, some leg veins, shoulders.....but this sleep and headache thing is shitting me up the wall

Not on nor have i ever taken gears....
    Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.... ~ Shakespeare

DRSE
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

My headaches are almost universally dehydration related. Try flooding yourself for a few days

Under Construction
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Good call on water, Jimmy. Had not thought of that. As far as sleep goes, valerian root and melatonin work well. Computer use late at night affects sleep, too. Great job on leaning!

YOU ME WE
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

If you don't take days off and can't sleep, you're over training. I do the same thing, like oxygen I need the pump.

Damn you are a tall phuqer!

A Jihad on gyms!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

yeah really good call on water, its winter here and 33-41 deg f in the AM. So i take little water.

thanks for the replys all, ill give it a go.....makes sense cause when summer was here i dont remember it happening..

DRSE
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by bar_belle View Post
    Good call on water, Jimmy. Had not thought of that. As far as sleep goes, valerian root and melatonin work well. Computer use late at night affects sleep, too. Great job on leaning!
    even the TV will keep your mind spinning.
    If Im really having a rough time sleeping and some PRIPS and xanax are working I will take a hot shower. something about the cooling of your core temp after a hot shower promotes sleep.

A Jihad on gyms!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

i was taking some codeine/paracetamol and it was fucken great, i slept like a baby and woke up recharged, but i only had 1 box and dont want to get addicted to that shit...

im seriously considering getting smething to sleep if this doesnt work out....

Rep Points

Go buy Swanson Sleep Essentials. It's awesome for sleep and very inexpensive. Like $8 on ebay.

Natural support with the help of melatonin and a combination of relaxation herbs
    Featuring valerian root, chamomile flower powder, hops flower powder, scullcap herb powder, L-taurine and GABA

Team RamRod

Rep Points

My doctor gives me zopiclone and it works really well for treating trensomnia when it sets in. I ran out and need to get more asap, I've only been sleeping for 4-5hrs a night for the last little while

http://ironmagresearch.com

Canadian Rep for IMR. Use code Farva15 for a 15% discount!

Under Construction
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

FYI - for me, GABA by itself triggers night eating.

.45 ACP rules!

Rep Points

I use all sorts of stuff to help me sleep. Mostly OTC stuff now. Used to use ambien and xanax. The "non-addictive" sleep aids work fairly well for me, I also take a couple klonopins for anxiety from time to time. But like was mentioned before, dehydration can fuck up your sleep. I also use a cpap machine for apnea. It has a humidifier for the winter and I sleep so well with that thing I even use it when just taking a nap.
    If gunners were as violent as anti-gunners believe, logically there wouldn't be any anti-gunners left.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by bar_belle View Post
    Computer use late at night affects sleep, too. Great job on leaning!
    Very good info. I will try to put away the laptop earlier and see if it helps me get to sleep quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by dieseljimmy View Post
    even the TV will keep your mind spinning.
    If Im really having a rough time sleeping and some PRIPS and xanax are working I will take a hot shower. something about the cooling of your core temp after a hot shower promotes sleep.

The hot shower usually works for me too. Another thing i do for headaches and not being able to sleep is smear vapor rub across my forehead. Yes its greasy and yes it stinks but its something i found that works for me. A towel on the pillow keeps it from making a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by raysd21 View Post
    Go buy Swanson Sleep Essentials. It's awesome for sleep and very inexpensive. Like $8 on ebay.

Natural support with the help of melatonin and a combination of relaxation herbs
    Featuring valerian root, chamomile flower powder, hops flower powder, scullcap herb powder, L-taurine and GABA

Im going to give that a try, see above. It gets tiring trying to sleep.