• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Small confession

exerciseordie

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So I wanted to share something with you guys, as I know most people have been in my place or will be eventually. Recently I had been dealing with relationship issues, family issues, car problems, money problems....let's sum it up to this hasn't been the most lucky year for me. I did the wrong thing to deal with this. I dropped my show (I don't regret that part), but what I do regret is o ruined my diet, training, and started drinking pretty heavily. I woke up just this morning and looked in the mirror upset with myself. All day I have been a bit down because I am not where I wanted to be with my physique. I was just pissed at myself all day. I was thinking a lot about it and realized "This IS something that I can change through my actions." This is my physique that I can do as I please with. I can continue to make the wrong choices or I can man up, face my issues and fix this shit myself. So I went to the store, got my food, and prepped it AFTER I killed the gym and did my cardio. Just wanted to share this with you guys! Hopefully it encourages someone in the future to tackle their problems differently. I wish I would have but the past is the past. Hope someone can learn from my mistakes. Thanks for reading fellas.

Sounds like just like what is going on with me except the family issues. I am just getting back into it as well, started prepping my food today and will be hitting the gym tomorrow morning. It's nice that you have a similair mindset as mine. Notice your mistakes, revise, and move forward. Remember you are the only person that can make you feel the way you want to feel. If you feel like you made a mistake then kick your self in the ass and get back on track.

A while back I was about 2 weeks out from a competition that I was going to compete in and backed out because of relationship issues but since then I have learned more and prepared my mindset to deal with this type of shit.

I bet it's a nice feeling getting back in your routine though.

Sounds like just like what is going on with me except the family issues. I am just getting back into it as well, started prepping my food today and will be hitting the gym tomorrow morning. It's nice that you have a similair mindset as mine. Notice your mistakes, revise, and move forward. Remember you are the only person that can make you feel the way you want to feel. If you feel like you made a mistake then kick your self in the ass and get back on track.

A while back I was about 2 weeks out from a competition that I was going to compete in and backed out because of relationship issues but since then I have learned more and prepared my mindset to deal with this type of shit.

I bet it's a nice feeling getting back in your routine though.

Once i get back into it and actually start progressing the way I want I feel like I will be happy. Until then I'm focused, not unhappy but focused. I caused some of the relationship issues by my actions during prep but moving forward I will do the right thing. Of the relationship doesn't workout at that point then I gave it my all. I have been with my girl for YEARS and to me that is mor important than competing but at the same.time there is still no reason I should move forward and get better.

I am always amazed at how the wrong mindset can prevent a good workout from launching.

its difficult to get some steam rolling and feel positive about what your workout when the rest of your day sucked. the mind and mind set is so critical to success in anything you can do. One off color thing I do when I think my day is going to ruin my workout is it take just a hit or two of MJ. It seems to block out all the common and ordinary distractions. not to get baked but to forget about the 7 emails to return or the prep cooking that you have to do later. another thing I do is to try to not look at the clock. set a timer on my phone and just go. It forces me to keep moving and instills a faux sense of urgency.

I am always amazed at how the wrong mindset can prevent a good workout from launching.

its difficult to get some steam rolling and feel positive about what your workout when the rest of your day sucked. the mind and mind set is so critical to success in anything you can do. One off color thing I do when I think my day is going to ruin my workout is it take just a hit or two of MJ. It seems to block out all the common and ordinary distractions. not to get baked but to forget about the 7 emails to return or the prep cooking that you have to do later. another thing I do is to try to not look at the clock. set a timer on my phone and just go. It forces me to keep moving and instills a faux sense of urgency.

Well said. Mindset really has everything to do with your well-being. Having the wrong one could lead to a whirlwind of issues and problems. I agree with the MJ (if you smoke) it does help a lot with telling your brain not to sweat the small things. A few hits and you are well on your way to feeling happy again, but yes this is only a short term fix to a long term problem. The best thing to do is start doing something you love and are passionate about again and all the other things will start falling into place for you. I have been in your shoes before with the girlfirend, contests, prep issues. But for me, I ended up just leaving the girl. Was really the best decision I made in a long time because I would not be where I am today if I did not leave her and start following my passion. Can't nobody hold me down!

Good luck with all that you do EO. We all have our times and you'll make it through

Back