That one annoying guy in the gym!

Hybrid View

BOARD REP

Rep Points

That one annoying guy in the gym!

Anyone else have an annoying motherfucker in their gym that will interrupt sets to ask questions? I don't mean wait patiently for you to finish either. I mean middle of curls talking to you. Asking outrageous stupid questions all because you're bigger than him. There is one younger kid in my gym that annoys the piss out of me and I know most gyms have them. When I was younger I LOVED when vets gave time to helping me and I like to do the same for people. At the same time if I'm busy and my headphones are in, get the FUCK AWAY FROM ME!!!!!
    Anything said by exerciseordie is for educational purposes only! PERIOD!!!! Don't do illegal shit.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

I never had anybody stop me but I've had that guy that starts talking to me while my headphones are in and then tries to start a conversation when I take my headphones out. There is this old guy at my gym that kills me but there is nothing I can do about it because his old. I can't be mean to an old guy. He tells me about everything: from how they are crazy people out there to what he eats to Jesus (literally...he talks to me about jesus. He brings it up and goes on about it).

Rep Points

Look at it like he respects you. Its a compliment. Take time for the younger cats. Now if its a douchebag, fuckem

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by DetMuscle View Post
    Look at it like he respects you. Its a compliment. Take time for the younger cats. Now if its a douchebag, fuckem
    HUGE DOUCHEBAG like I said I love to help people but this guy is a fucking annoying douche
    Anything said by exerciseordie is for educational purposes only! PERIOD!!!! Don't do illegal shit.

.45 ACP rules!

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by exerciseordie View Post
    HUGE DOUCHEBAG like I said I love to help people but this guy is a fucking annoying douche
    Better he approaches you while you're lifting than when you're in the locker room in the middle of changing your clothes or showering.
    If gunners were as violent as anti-gunners believe, logically there wouldn't be any anti-gunners left.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Better he approaches you while you're lifting than when you're in the locker room in the middle of changing your clothes or showering.
    Haha very good point!

Head Pooh Bear

Rep Points

Hugely annoying

Rep Points

Anyone else have an annoying motherfucker in their gym that will interrupt sets to ask questions? I don't mean wait patiently for you to finish either. I mean middle of curls talking to you. Asking outrageous stupid questions all because you're bigger than him. There is one younger kid in my gym that annoys the piss out of me and I know most gyms have them. When I was younger I LOVED when vets gave time to helping me and I like to do the same for people. At the same time if I'm busy and my headphones are in, get the FUCK AWAY FROM ME!!!!!
    Looks like you were polite to him the first time he talked to you and now you are locked in bro hahaha. I bet you regret being nice to this dude now. Sounds like the dude needs to tone down the preworkout and learn some proper gym ettiquette. I am in a good place at my gym right now. No one even thinks about talkin to me.... I don't think..

A D M I N I S T R A T O R

Rep Points

Damn brohan . I thought we were friends.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2
    http://www.ironmagazine.com/images/b...dpharma728.gif

" A cookie without sugar is just a cracker" ~ ancient voodoo proverb
    "A man with infinite patience is never left waiting."~ROID's past incarnation

YOU ME WE
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Funny how time goes by but things never change, there's always going to be that guy.

IDIOT SAVANT

Rep Points

Not that guy but the 125 pound dude dead lifting 135 lbs and SLAMMING the bar down after each rep. I respect the Hell out of him for doing deads but damn, no need to rattle my teeth in the process.
    Rules? You mean we have RULES for that???

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ALBOB View Post
    Not that guy but the 125 pound dude dead lifting 135 lbs and SLAMMING the bar down after each rep. I respect the Hell out of him for doing deads but damn, no need to rattle my teeth in the process.
    Oh ya I hate that guy. Or the guys that clearly can not lift the weight but try really hard and bang the shit around left and right.

In my gym the new thing is fat guys bringing their fat girlfriends and wrapping their knees and everything and do "power lifting". You know, because if you are fat then that means you are strong.

.45 ACP rules!

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by The-Doctor View Post
    Oh ya I hate that guy. Or the guys that clearly can not lift the weight but try really hard and bang the shit around left and right.

In my gym the new thing is fat guys bringing their fat girlfriends and wrapping their knees and everything and do "power lifting". You know, because if you are fat then that means you are strong.
    A couple weeks ago there were two dudes at my gym squatting. That alone is an anomaly, but they had their knees wrapped and lifting belts cinched tight enough they looked like they were wearing a corset. All to squat 135 pounds.
    If gunners were as violent as anti-gunners believe, logically there wouldn't be any anti-gunners left.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ALBOB View Post
    You should do what I saw about this. A skinny dude was doing the same thing. But he would roar on the up pull and of course crash the weights on the down. The look around to see who was watching his awesomeness. A pretty good sized guy walked over and asked him if he was done. Then without waiting for a reply, he bent over picked the bar and weights up with one hand and walked off with them. I laughed so hard my side hurt.

Windy City
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Anyone else have an annoying motherfucker in their gym that will interrupt sets to ask questions? I don't mean wait patiently for you to finish either. I mean middle of curls talking to you. Asking outrageous stupid questions all because you're bigger than him.
    At times, some dupes use the gym as a social hour instead of lifting.

Love my current gym, but there is a small table and a flat screen TV in one part of the first floor. It's like a bunch of women drinking water and supps, chatting, and watching TV.

As for the kid asking/talking to you while in the middle of a set, he's a twat who needs to social skill improvement.
    It's an accurate statement that our current spending will not be increasing the debt We've stopped spending money that we don't have.

-- Jack Lew, then director of the Office of Management and Budget, in Feb. 16, 2011 testimony before the Senate Budget Committee.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Big Smoothy View Post
    At times, some dupes use the gym as a social hour instead of lifting.

Love my current gym, but there is a small table and a flat screen TV in one part of the first floor. It's like a bunch of women drinking water and supps, chatting, and watching TV.

As for the kid asking/talking to you while in the middle of a set, he's a twat who needs to social skill improvement.
    By far one of the most socially awkward people I have met

Rep Points

got a big guy that thinks hes super strong, he is lifting 315 but on a decline and bounces it hard off his fat belly. its barely a half rep

.45 ACP rules!

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heckler7 View Post
    got a big guy that thinks hes super strong, he is lifting 315 but on a decline and bounces it hard off his fat belly. its barely a half rep
    There used to be a guy that would show up on the weekends to bench. He'd max out at 155 or so. And he'd howl to the moon on each rep.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    There used to be a guy that would show up on the weekends to bench. He'd max out at 155 or so. And he'd howl to the moon on each rep.
    Lmao gotta love those guys!

AbaXen Pharmaceuticals
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

my physique is a curse and a blessing. This is why i invested in a small home set up. When im feeling like a social butterfly, yeah ill hit up a packed gym.

Unwanted attention at times when im brooding and aloof leads to confrontations. Trust me ive heard and seen it all. Everything from do i need a spot while squatting (fag) or steroid advice. "Get the fuck from round me son!"

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by SFW View Post
    my physique is a curse and a blessing. This is why i invested in a small home set up. When im feeling like a social butterfly, yeah ill hit up a packed gym.

Unwanted attention at times when im brooding and aloof leads to confrontations. Trust me ive heard and seen it all. Everything from do i need a spot while squatting (fag) or steroid advice. "Get the fuck from round me son!"
    Me too, ain't got time for chit chat when my mind is in the zone. If you're an athlete and approach lifting as such then it's like going up to a pro basketball player as he's concentrating on a free throw and asking him if he thinks he'll make that shot...you wouldn't do it.
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012