• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

carb cycling at calorie deficit. Need some metabolism help

DUB73

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have been dieting hard for 2-1/2 months. Started keto for 4 weeks and brought carbs up. I am 5'11'' 220lbs 13+% BF. I feel I can diet well and have been 2000 calories or less the last 4 weeks. Lately My macros been getting lower and lower with not much loss. I wrote down yesterdays meals and ended up with 1500 calories with 92 carbs 48 fats 194 protein. I typically have 1 day a week with low fats and about 250 carbs. My question is, my metabolism is so slow that my fat loss is slowed way down. I am at a tail end of a test and tren run and want to get to 10-11%. I am running clen and t3 as well. Cardio is 5-6 days a week with 2 sessions/day 1 hiit and 1 liss for 45-1hr total both. Should I go to maintenance for a week and start dropping carbs again? Any help is appreciated.

Mess around with ur carb intake and fat keto isnt really 93g its when ur 20g and lower. Try going keto for a week than havr a carb reffed where u keep ur fat low and carbs high dont do cardio on that day

5'11'' 220lbs 13+% BF. Cardio is 5-6 days a week with 2 sessions/day 1 hiit and 1 liss for 45-1hr total both.

This doesn't make sense to me at all. What's really going on here? Why the desperation?

Vegas in 3 weeks... LOL

Mess around with ur carb intake and fat keto isnt really 93g its when ur 20g and lower. Try going keto for a week than havr a carb reffed where u keep ur fat low and carbs high dont do cardio on that day

I guess I did not explain very well. I did Keto diet for 4 weeks then brought carbs back into diet the past 4 weeks. Kinda got my metabolism a little jacked up. I eat clean as a way of life and am pretty solid on what and how to eat. I do carb cycle with a re-feed day once a week. I take most my carbs after workout. I seem to be stalling even at 100 carbs or less. At this point I am ok losing some gains to strip some extra fat. I carry most in the mid section and seems to be the last place to go. My calorie intake is low but have enough energy to workout hard. Maybe get back into ketosis will see the results. As a endomorph, I do good at low carbs. Seem to have more energy without them except when it comes to strength.

Thanks for the replies. Just would like to hear opinions, I have an open mind to people with experience.

Vegas... oi vay... Lentils are a great weight loss tool. I lost a lot of weight eating about 1/3 cup of lentils every 3 hours. Chicken mixed in sometimes like 1-2 ounces. Fresh celery or broccoli. Nothing sugary or starchy like carrots or potato. But lentils will fill you up good and keep your blood sugar stable. I was eating about 500 calories a day. Retaining 100% of my strength. I did this for 90 days. Just drink a slow absorbing protein at night to keep you covered. Oh and there are a lot of different kinds of lentils. Some have weird texture. I like La Preferida. Cooked in some boullion and some hot sauce on top. Good shit. Good luck bro.

Vegas... oi vay... Lentils are a great weight loss tool. I lost a lot of weight eating about 1/3 cup of lentils every 3 hours. Chicken mixed in sometimes like 1-2 ounces. Fresh celery or broccoli. Nothing sugary or starchy like carrots or potato. But lentils will fill you up good and keep your blood sugar stable. I was eating about 500 calories a day. Retaining 100% of my strength. I did this for 90 days. Just drink a slow absorbing protein at night to keep you covered. Oh and there are a lot of different kinds of lentils. Some have weird texture. I like La Preferida. Cooked in some boullion and some hot sauce on top. Good shit. Good luck bro.

Thanks, I will look into the lentils. I put sriracha on almost anything. 3 weeks is not much time but over the next 4 months I plan to slice up. I will run some prime nutrition water loss the last week before the trip. Test E bloated me a bit. Vegas = $10,000 in pool parties and fun, would like to keep my shirt off that weekend.

Honestly.....I would hop on tren acetate for the last 3 weeks. It will change you that fast. It will get rid of a good % of the subq water. It will push water into your muscles. Seriously. Just ice it b4 vegas. You don't want to be all mental out there. That is your best option. If you have any lying around.

I had this problem a few months ago. I carb cycled and got down to about 10% then got stuck. Try a fruit clens. Eat nothing but fruit all day except have a good protein dinner. Stay away from bananas tho. Eat pretty much as much fruit as you want.. The carb cycle had me clogged up. It will help flush your body and cleans everything out nicely. I then switched to a carb steady diet with two servings of fruit a day for me it was 1 cup strawberrys in the morn and half a grapefruit mid morning. Consuming all carbs (about 180g for me) by 3-4pm. This really helped me loose that last few %.

Go back to keto. Have a cheat meal once a week and up your cardio which sucks but it burns calories. Some people are more carb sensitive than others. You may be in that group. Also remember that the lower your bf gets the more your body tries to hold on to it. It takes longer to shed the lower you get but the lower you get the more noticeable slight losses are too.

IML Gear Cream!
Honestly.....I would hop on tren acetate for the last 3 weeks. It will change you that fast. It will get rid of a good % of the subq water. It will push water into your muscles. Seriously. Just ice it b4 vegas. You don't want to be all mental out there. That is your best option. If you have any lying around.

Been kicking myself for not aceing it. I may grab one for this last stretch. thanks again. Looked at the lentils. holy shit, 5-600 cals 35-40 g pro and 15 g fat. How may shakes a day? I guess some broccoli and chicken brings it up a little. I can do anything for 4-6 weeks. Keeping gains on sub 100 g protein per day at 215-220 lbs might be asking a bit, but for 3 weeks I can stand to lose some lean muscle.

I had this problem a few months ago. I carb cycled and got down to about 10% then got stuck. Try a fruit clens. Eat nothing but fruit all day except have a good protein dinner. Stay away from bananas tho. Eat pretty much as much fruit as you want.. The carb cycle had me clogged up. It will help flush your body and cleans everything out nicely. I then switched to a carb steady diet with two servings of fruit a day for me it was 1 cup strawberrys in the morn and half a grapefruit mid morning. Consuming all carbs (about 180g for me) by 3-4pm. This really helped me loose that last few %.

I am open to try anything. I think this was called the Beverly Hills diet. I just hate the way I feel with to many carbs. how long did you stick to the fruit diet?

Go back to keto. Have a cheat meal once a week and up your cardio which sucks but it burns calories. Some people are more carb sensitive than others. You may be in that group. Also remember that the lower your bf gets the more your body tries to hold on to it. It takes longer to shed the lower you get but the lower you get the more noticeable slight losses are too.

Keto does me well. I just hate losing the strength on the weights. I have a good amount of muscle right now. Might just Keto up for 3 weeks although the lentil diet has me intrigued. Thank you for the reply.

At your size your calories are WAAAAY to low if you're only getting 1500.

I would go One of two ways -

1- add in a refeed at night on your high carb day that's low in fat ~8g and comes in around 450cal.

2- stick with your current layout but add 100-150 cals to each day. So add 150 calls to your Monday total, Tuesday total and so on using a 40/40/20 split.

Looks like you need to reverse diet yourself a bit since you have hit bottom. Orion 1 might jump start you but option 2 is gonna be better over the long run.

I am open to try anything. I think this was called the Beverly Hills diet. I just hate the way I feel with to many carbs. how long did you stick to the fruit diet?
I only did the fruit clens of a day. It helped flush me out and get rid of some bloat. I didn't realize how stopped up I was untell I did this. After the clens day I became a lot more regular and was shitting a lot better

At your size your calories are WAAAAY to low if you're only getting 1500.

I would go One of two ways -

1- add in a refeed at night on your high carb day that's low in fat ~8g and comes in around 450cal.

2- stick with your current layout but add 100-150 cals to each day. So add 150 calls to your Monday total, Tuesday total and so on using a 40/40/20 split.

Looks like you need to reverse diet yourself a bit since you have hit bottom. Orion 1 might jump start you but option 2 is gonna be better over the long run.

This was completely my theory. Just how to get back to a solid metabolic state. 1500 calories and stalling is crazy to me. I can add slowly or jump into (2500 calories = My body will have a field day with the excess and open its own storage facility). I guess my desperation with Vegas trip coming has got my head a fucked up. I will increase calories this next week slowly with carbs 4 days low 2 days med and 1 day high. More green veggies. Tuna and chicken. I will up cardio to 2x15min HIIT and 1x40min liss 2 on 1 off split. Obviously 6 days in the gym. Just bought a airdyne. Actually enjoy my cardio on it.

I'm going to try the lentil trick in the future. I just think my body would not get the most from it where its at today.

Thanks for all the replys. everyone here very helpful. Montego got me in check thanks brother.

Made me some lentils yesterday. Put some spicy turkey sausage in it with garlic and basil. Damn good. I will add a meal of lentils in each day this week and see how things go. Thanks for the pointers.

Back