Unclez.net


Prepping for first power lifting meet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 48
  1. #1
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    464
    Rep Points
    17796201

    Prepping for first power lifting meet.

    Ok so I did a BB show 2 weeks ago. And now iv decided to do a powerlifting meet. The meet is in 9 weeks. I lost some strength wile on my prep but I hope I can get it back up befor the meet. Befor my cut I was 210lb. Bench was 335lb dead lift was 525 squats were 405lb. If I can get back to those numbers I will be happy. This is my first meet and I just hope to have fun and hopefully get some new PRs. I work out 4 days a week. Doing mainly compound lifts. Diet is sloppy now that I'm freed from my prep lol. But I'm working to clean it up again.

    Stats:
    24yo
    210lb
    5'8"

    cycle: All EP Gear
    600mg test prop a week for 3 weeks
    600mg test cyp a week for 10-12 weeks
    200mg npp a week
    40-50mg dbol per workout
    I inject on mon-wed-fri
    Trying out letto on this run
    prima on hand, have yet to ever need it
    no pcy needed crusin for life!

  2. #2
    uncle z rep.
    BOARD REP


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Somewhere out there
    Posts
    1,996
    Rep Points
    25084278

    Try primo I got really strong on it. Never tried npp so can't comment. His line is top quality.
    Good luck on your meet.
    Uncle Z Rep.
    If you have any comments or questions please PM me.
    follow our blog to see our latest news on workout and supplements
    Unclez-info@safe-mail.net
    Unclez-orders@safe-mail.net


  3. #3
    Gains by the hour
    Ampubeast_eddie's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gym fridge bathroom
    Posts
    16
    Rep Points
    2162096

    Cruising for life!!!!! 👏👏👏👏

  4. #4
    Test & Tren
    Repo's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    1,303
    Rep Points
    58693836

    Quote Originally Posted by Lift-on View Post
    Ok so I did a BB show 2 weeks ago. And now iv decided to do a powerlifting meet. The meet is in 9 weeks. I lost some strength wile on my prep but I hope I can get it back up befor the meet. Befor my cut I was 210lb. Bench was 335lb dead lift was 525 squats were 405lb. If I can get back to those numbers I will be happy. This is my first meet and I just hope to have fun and hopefully get some new PRs. I work out 4 days a week. Doing mainly compound lifts. Diet is sloppy now that I'm freed from my prep lol. But I'm working to clean it up again.

    Stats:
    24yo
    210lb
    5'8"

    cycle: All EP Gear
    600mg test prop a week for 3 weeks
    600mg test cyp a week for 10-12 weeks
    200mg npp a week
    40-50mg dbol per workout
    I inject on mon-wed-fri
    Trying out letto on this run
    prima on hand, have yet to ever need it
    no pcy needed crusin for life!
    Looks great - the only thing I would add is hCG even though you wont need PCT.

    I'm always blasting and cruising and run hCG as follows.

    500 iu's twice a week - 5 weeks on - one week off ... "repeat."

    This works out perfect with your 5000 iu amp's

    I use hCG as a base for each cycle - just like testosterone.

    If you haven't already seen it - you can find hCG in the "Human Grade" section.

    Repo ... "Keep us posted"

  5. #5
    Uncle Z Rep
    BOARD REP
    OTG85's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    5,961
    Rep Points
    553216894

    Hcg on hand forsure.Your nuts will thank you.I run it @ 250IU 2x week 500 2x week is a good dose but I stretch everything.



    -All of my posts are for entertainment purposes only, & not to be taken seriously
    -All content posted is nothing more than a comical skit, & a joke

  6. #6
    Uncle Z Rep
    BOARD REP
    OTG85's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    5,961
    Rep Points
    553216894

    Good luck lift-on



    -All of my posts are for entertainment purposes only, & not to be taken seriously
    -All content posted is nothing more than a comical skit, & a joke

  7. #7
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    464
    Rep Points
    17796201

    Thanks guys!! I'll look into getting some hcg.

  8. #8
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    464
    Rep Points
    17796201

    Saturday I did a quick workout at my house. I straight bar curled 145 for 3 singles. Then I did 150 for 2 singles. I did bysept and some shoulders. It was about 90 degrees outside so I got a nice sweat on.

  9. #9
    Test & Tren
    Repo's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    1,303
    Rep Points
    58693836

    Quote Originally Posted by OTG85 View Post
    Hcg on hand forsure.Your nuts will thank you.I run it @ 250IU 2x week 500 2x week is a good dose but I stretch everything.
    LOL - ya gotta take care of the nuts!

    When I first told my wife I was going to use gear - she said ... "your nuts will shrink!"

    Shit - I think they might even be BIGGER!!!

    And for that - my wife is also a fan of Z.

    Repo

  10. #10
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    464
    Rep Points
    17796201

    Up and in the gym. Doing dumbell press, dumbell incline, flys, dips. Love tearing it up!! Pinned quad last night. It hurt wile injecting then it quirted blood out haha. Good thing it was on the tile lol. But no pip today. . Let's kill shit bros

  11. #11
    Uncle Z Representative
    BOARD REP
    heavylifting1's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    825
    Rep Points
    22317653

    A strength meet and you are using letrozole? Do you think that will be too much suppression? It might hurt your strength and energy.

    Reps and veterans (same thing almost) lets get this figured out and see if its ok or we can't help our good brother Lift-on here. I want him to KILL IT!! At his power lifting meet.

  12. #12
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    464
    Rep Points
    17796201

    Quote Originally Posted by heavylifting1 View Post
    A strength meet and you are using letrozole? Do you think that will be too much suppression? It might hurt your strength and energy.

    Reps and veterans (same thing almost) lets get this figured out and see if its ok or we can't help our good brother Lift-on here. I want him to KILL IT!! At his power lifting meet.
    So your saying that you think I should let my estrogen be a little higher? I am starting off easy on it. Iv always had hi E when I get bloods so I was trying to keep it under control without spending an ass ton off money on stane... I would like to hear what others say. I'm always one to listen to exeriance. Thanks for looking out for me bud!

  13. #13
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    newport
    Posts
    31
    Rep Points
    71960

    I have a few questions. Are you going to shoot for a particular weight class or just wing it? With a 9 week window and the HUGE rebound effect coming off a strict pre-contest diet are you going to switch to a power peak workout or just do your 4 day bb workout? I can only assume this is a non-tested meet as there is no way in hell you don't get popped otherwise; not with npp.
    Drop the lettro and grab some proviron, drop the prop in the first 3 weeks and use it at the end 3 weeks, run the cyp for 6 weeks then switch to prop. Are you running the dbol the whole time??? If you alter your workouts now there is no way I don't see a 500 pound squat or at least an easy 5 plates. Anyhoo, that's all the help I can provide given the questions involved.

  14. #14
    Test & Tren
    Repo's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    1,303
    Rep Points
    58693836

    Quote Originally Posted by Lift-on View Post
    So your saying that you think I should let my estrogen be a little higher? I am starting off easy on it. Iv always had hi E when I get bloods so I was trying to keep it under control without spending an ass ton off money on stane... I would like to hear what others say. I'm always one to listen to exeriance. Thanks for looking out for me bud!
    That's correct - estrogen does play a part in mass building so you don't want to bring it down too much.

  15. #15
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    464
    Rep Points
    17796201

    Thanks for the advice guys. I appreciate all the help and kind words.

  16. #16
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    464
    Rep Points
    17796201

    Quote Originally Posted by bigsjunk View Post
    I have a few questions. Are you going to shoot for a particular weight class or just wing it? With a 9 week window and the HUGE rebound effect coming off a strict pre-contest diet are you going to switch to a power peak workout or just do your 4 day bb workout? I can only assume this is a non-tested meet as there is no way in hell you don't get popped otherwise; not with npp.
    Drop the lettro and grab some proviron, drop the prop in the first 3 weeks and use it at the end 3 weeks, run the cyp for 6 weeks then switch to prop. Are you running the dbol the whole time??? If you alter your workouts now there is no way I don't see a 500 pound squat or at least an easy 5 plates. Anyhoo, that's all the help I can provide given the questions involved.
    I am shooting to stay under. 220. I am currently stable at 212. Up about 10lb from show. Could u elaborate on the power peak workout ? This is a non tested meet. What's the reasoning to pick up the prop the last 3 weeks? Thanks for the help. I'd love to hear more from you. I'm new to power lifting and I'm more than willing to learn.

  17. #17
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    newport
    Posts
    31
    Rep Points
    71960

    This is my opinion of course but I was a very competative powerlifter and if you are under 220 you should lift in the 198. As an experienced bb I know you know how to drop weight over a 72 hour window with ease and safety. What I'd do is simply go keto 3-4 days out so with the fluid loss there is that increase in insulin sensitivity and when you carb up after weigh in; OH MY , HUGE strength boost. creatine, is your friend during carb up, potassium is your friend during carb up, MAGNESIUM too. This will all create an profound internal muscluar pressure that results in a big strength gain on meet day. Kind of like the rebound you experience after your bb contest is over and you eat real food.
    When you drop test c at least 3 weeks out you still want that test doing it's thing. By switching to the prop you'll naturally drop some un-needed extracellular water weight but keep that test recovery and strength. Tren will make you hard, it will SUCK the food into your muscles, when you hit that tren you'll want to be setting up to triples up to meet. Dropping the eq will let you manipulate your body fluids better, meaning you can push that fluid inside the muscle.
    You're an experienced bb that can manipulate fluid, muscle tension and you certainly know how to work out. Powerlifting is simply making the goal, more weight, instead of more muscle. To be elementary about it.
    There are so many workouts to choose from it'd be impossible to say "do this one". I'll include some links; I hope, the first one I like as it matches your 4 day schedule and the rep ranges are correct:

    While the first link is quite simple I like the rep scheme. The second link is the 5/3/1 method and while Jim Wendle is an exceptional athlete this "method" was around before he was wearing diapers and it's stood the test of time. It's a great beginners intro to powerlifting training, it uses good common sense as well as a critical deload, and you don't need 5 spotters, chains, rubber bands or boxes. OH, one thing about diet, keep it clean, not ultra-clean but clean doughnuts only sound good, fried balls of fat and sugar doesn't.


    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/powerlifting-workout.html

    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._pure_strength

  18. #18
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    464
    Rep Points
    17796201

    Quote Originally Posted by bigsjunk View Post
    This is my opinion of course but I was a very competative powerlifter and if you are under 220 you should lift in the 198. As an experienced bb I know you know how to drop weight over a 72 hour window with ease and safety. What I'd do is simply go keto 3-4 days out so with the fluid loss there is that increase in insulin sensitivity and when you carb up after weigh in; OH MY , HUGE strength boost. creatine, is your friend during carb up, potassium is your friend during carb up, MAGNESIUM too. This will all create an profound internal muscluar pressure that results in a big strength gain on meet day. Kind of like the rebound you experience after your bb contest is over and you eat real food.
    When you drop test c at least 3 weeks out you still want that test doing it's thing. By switching to the prop you'll naturally drop some un-needed extracellular water weight but keep that test recovery and strength. Tren will make you hard, it will SUCK the food into your muscles, when you hit that tren you'll want to be setting up to triples up to meet. Dropping the eq will let you manipulate your body fluids better, meaning you can push that fluid inside the muscle.
    You're an experienced bb that can manipulate fluid, muscle tension and you certainly know how to work out. Powerlifting is simply making the goal, more weight, instead of more muscle. To be elementary about it.
    There are so many workouts to choose from it'd be impossible to say "do this one". I'll include some links; I hope, the first one I like as it matches your 4 day schedule and the rep ranges are correct:

    While the first link is quite simple I like the rep scheme. The second link is the 5/3/1 method and while Jim Wendle is an exceptional athlete this "method" was around before he was wearing diapers and it's stood the test of time. It's a great beginners intro to powerlifting training, it uses good common sense as well as a critical deload, and you don't need 5 spotters, chains, rubber bands or boxes. OH, one thing about diet, keep it clean, not ultra-clean but clean doughnuts only sound good, fried balls of fat and sugar doesn't.


    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/powerlifting-workout.html

    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._pure_strength
    Heu man I wana thank you for the time and effort you put in for me. I will definatly be taking all off this into consideration and will be doing these programs. Thanks again for the help.

  19. #19
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    464
    Rep Points
    17796201

    This morning I did back. My back seamed sore and I had trouble finding my beast mode. Non the less I hit it and got a good back workout in. I did some light dead lifts only going up to 315. I did barbell rows, seated cable rows. Lat pull downs (behind and infront of head) and wide grip pull ups. I'm already feeling it so I know I did some good.. Took a shot in the delt and it's as smooth as butter. My delts love oil, they eat that shit up. Tomorrow is rest day. I'm going to look and choose a program from the ones above and start it Friday. I'm very excited about this meet. Iv always wanted to do powerlifting. And now I get to!! Only time will tell how much I push, pull, squat, but I can tell you I'll be giving it my all!!!

  20. #20
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    newport
    Posts
    31
    Rep Points
    71960

    Oh, word of warning. You're an experienced lifter so listen to your joints as you up that weight. Being on cycle and switching from a program that got you into a bb meet fit your tendon's and attachments may not be ready for 85% 1rm weight yet, work the set/ rep scheme of whichever of those you choose but keep that in the back of your mind as you up the weight, the weight WILL move up fast for ya.

    Oh, and 315 is a fine place to start, it just means you still got the strength and now you got to find the will

  21. #21
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    464
    Rep Points
    17796201

    Today I did legs. The squat rack was being used so I did leg press. I started with 360 and worked up to 800 for 8 reps. I did calf raises leg curls and leg extentions. Got a good workout in and roasted my legs. Left the gym walking on jello legs . Love that feeling.

  22. #22
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    464
    Rep Points
    17796201

    Chest day of course. Started with smith incline Bc the bench was taken. Finally got on the flat bench and killed it. 275 no problem, 315 went easier then i ever remember. Up to 325 got it smooth!!! Remember that 335 is the most iv ever pushed and I'm already almost there again. Dropped down to 225 and did paused rep sets. Also did some flys and dips. Felt good today. The EP dboll are defiantly doing there job.

  23. #23
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    464
    Rep Points
    17796201

    Did back this morning. Got 475 on dead lifts. Also did barbell rows and dumbbell rows. Only had a little over an hour but I mad it count. Feels good to get my numbers back up some. Stay stong and stay hungry.

  24. #24
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    464
    Rep Points
    17796201

    Absolutely killing my pecks this morning. Started with hi reps did a drop set then banded sets. Also doing wieghted dips, pullovers and flys. My wieght is stable at 209 so that makes me happy. Now just need to build and not gain much wieght. I know what it takes. It's time to do it!! Get up and grind my friends. It's a new week. It will be a long one for me, but all I can do is hit it full speed and show it who's boss!!

  25. #25
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    464
    Rep Points
    17796201

    Hey guys, it's been a bit since I loged. I laid low for a few days after all the stuff that happened with Z. Now that I know all is good I'll be back at it. I got a new PR on bench of 345. Up from 335. Iv got up to 475 on dead lifts and 365 on squats. I was having back pain for a few weeks so I didn't get to squat or deadlift like I wanted. But it seams to have gotten better so I'll continue to lift heavy on them. My weight is around 213lb. Diet isn't clean but I do get plenty of protein and I'm am cooking and prepping most of my meals.

  26. #26
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    464
    Rep Points
    17796201

    Total tittie tear down!!! Took 40mg of EP Dbol 30 pre-workout. Warmed up with one plate. Jumped to. 315lb. For single and double, one second paused reps. For a total of 8 reps. I'm working on my pause for my meet. I can one rep 345 but I don't think I could pause it. 315 is the most iv ever paused. I normally just do slow smooth controlled reps. Then switched to incline press. Only going up to 225 for reps. My chest is about to explode at this point. Doing flys in between sets. Throw in some 70lb weighted dips in there and a few sets of pull overs.

  27. #27
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    newport
    Posts
    31
    Rep Points
    71960

    Quote Originally Posted by Lift-on View Post
    Total tittie tear down!!! Took 40mg of EP Dbol 30 pre-workout. Warmed up with one plate. Jumped to. 315lb. For single and double, one second paused reps. For a total of 8 reps. I'm working on my pause for my meet. I can one rep 345 but I don't think I could pause it. 315 is the most iv ever paused. I normally just do slow smooth controlled reps. Then switched to incline press. Only going up to 225 for reps. My chest is about to explode at this point. Doing flys in between sets. Throw in some 70lb weighted dips in there and a few sets of pull overs.
    Hey, easy on the assistance work. Work on your groove on the big three. Like have your heavy day, then a power day. On the power day you'll still bds but you'll use a light weight, pause at the bottom, and explode it off yoru chest, benching for example.
    Have yoiu gone to a powerlifting rep cycle yet?

  28. #28
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    464
    Rep Points
    17796201

    I normally focuse on the big three. But I felt like doing somthing differant and hopfully getting a nice sore in... What is a powerlifting rep cycle? I'm new at this and am doing this practackly on my own. All help is gratefully accepted. Thanks for the reply.

  29. #29
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    464
    Rep Points
    17796201

    Chest is Sore today! I love growing! The pain is addicting. Lats are sore as well, Mabe from yesterday's workout? Mabe from rolling last night?

    Deadlifts are for breakfast. Light weight heavy reps. Doing lat pull downs, cable rows in between sets. Maim focuse is deads tho. Just getting a lot of reps in today. I'm going to tear this back down and build it back better!! Find your beast.

  30. #30
    Registered User


    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    newport
    Posts
    31
    Rep Points
    71960

    Quote Originally Posted by Lift-on View Post
    I normally focuse on the big three. But I felt like doing somthing differant and hopfully getting a nice sore in... What is a powerlifting rep cycle? I'm new at this and am doing this practackly on my own. All help is gratefully accepted. Thanks for the reply.
    I put up two links for yoiu to choose from but this one seems to be more of what you want:

    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/wor...g-workout.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-29-2014, 03:40 PM
  2. Power lifting
    By BigTYR in forum Training
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2006, 04:23 PM
  3. power lifting
    By tom_sparco in forum Training
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-02-2005, 09:25 AM
  4. Power Lifting Advice
    By Paul Gray in forum New Members Begin Here!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-20-2004, 08:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->