Big Props to BJJ and Muay Thai

Rep Points

Big Props to BJJ and Muay Thai

Well I have been doing these two things for almost a month now and holy shit it has kicked my ass. I really have taken a love for this stuff and hope I can continue it for a long time(already 36, but better late then never). On a shitty note... I have broken my toe(week 3), sprained my ankle(week 1), and now have torn my medial gastrocnemius(left calf)and have told my recovery could take up to 6-8 weeks. I already have some peptides coming my way but wish I had some real HGH for the healing instead. Any other ideas about faster healing? I told the doc I was still going to do upper body but doc said that was a bad idea. I just don't think I could take sitting on my ass for 6-8 weeks and doing nothing. Anyway, for all the MMA guys on here, my hats are off to you!

ALPHA MALE

Rep Points

Mt is fucking brutal
    ...PASSION IS MY FUCKING PASSION
    http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/th...w!!!-Get-on-it!!!

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by KILLEROFSAINTS View Post
    Mt is fucking brutal
    Yes it is!

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Sleep and ice
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

.45 ACP rules!

Rep Points

Hat's off to you, man. Those are pretty intense fighting arts to be working on simultaneously. Take a little break from things. They'll still be there when you start up again. I'll be 45 next month and can tell you that the desire to keep at it like someone half your age probably won't go away. But you have to adjust it a bit and take into consideration that recovery from injuries takes longer than it used to. If you keep tearing yourself up and don't take time to heal up it'll lead to long term problems that you won't want when you're older.
    If gunners were as violent as anti-gunners believe, logically there wouldn't be any anti-gunners left.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Hat's off to you, man. Those are pretty intense fighting arts to be working on simultaneously. Take a little break from things. They'll still be there when you start up again. I'll be 45 next month and can tell you that the desire to keep at it like someone half your age probably won't go away. But you have to adjust it a bit and take into consideration that recovery from injuries takes longer than it used to. If you keep tearing yourself up and don't take time to heal up it'll lead to long term problems that you won't want when you're older.
    You are absolutely right. It's really hard for me to dial it down but I have noticed more aches and pains the older I get and I'm only 36. Between football, powerlifting, and the military, I have been pretty hard on my body over the years. I guess it is time to ease up a little.

Rep Points

Respect for engaging in those activities! I've always wanted to try but have heard horror stories of freak injuries Hope nothing that bad happens to you. Of course injuries come with the territory but as long as you're OK with that, fight on!