• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Big Props to BJJ and Muay Thai

the_predator

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Well I have been doing these two things for almost a month now and holy shit it has kicked my ass. I really have taken a love for this stuff and hope I can continue it for a long time(already 36, but better late then never). On a shitty note... I have broken my toe(week 3), sprained my ankle(week 1), and now have torn my medial gastrocnemius(left calf)and have told my recovery could take up to 6-8 weeks. I already have some peptides coming my way but wish I had some real HGH for the healing instead:wits:. Any other ideas about faster healing? I told the doc I was still going to do upper body but doc said that was a bad idea. I just don't think I could take sitting on my ass for 6-8 weeks and doing nothing. Anyway, for all the MMA guys on here:clapping:, my hats are off to you!

Sleep and ice

Hat's off to you, man. Those are pretty intense fighting arts to be working on simultaneously. Take a little break from things. They'll still be there when you start up again. I'll be 45 next month and can tell you that the desire to keep at it like someone half your age probably won't go away. But you have to adjust it a bit and take into consideration that recovery from injuries takes longer than it used to. If you keep tearing yourself up and don't take time to heal up it'll lead to long term problems that you won't want when you're older.

Hat's off to you, man. Those are pretty intense fighting arts to be working on simultaneously. Take a little break from things. They'll still be there when you start up again. I'll be 45 next month and can tell you that the desire to keep at it like someone half your age probably won't go away. But you have to adjust it a bit and take into consideration that recovery from injuries takes longer than it used to. If you keep tearing yourself up and don't take time to heal up it'll lead to long term problems that you won't want when you're older.
You are absolutely right. It's really hard for me to dial it down but I have noticed more aches and pains the older I get and I'm only 36:wits:. Between football, powerlifting, and the military, I have been pretty hard on my body over the years. I guess it is time to ease up a little.

Respect for engaging in those activities! I've always wanted to try but have heard horror stories of freak injuries :( Hope nothing that bad happens to you. Of course injuries come with the territory but as long as you're OK with that, fight on!

Back