• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Best Overall symmetry??

ZECH

Founder of GOSB
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Who had the best overall symmetry of all bodybuilders?
I'm gonna have to go with Frank Zane!

Zane for sure.

Nope!

another

Zane was kind of a big Steve Reves, a little small to me, not that I look like that :grin:

Honestly I never studied Labrada seriously and am impressed with that photo. But he has a completely different look than Zane. He is more "stocky" and massive than Zane. Zane is more "fluid" and aesthetic in my opinion. Zane's figure is closest to my body type so I emualate him and use him as a role model. Labrada looks graet too but I just don't have his frame and mass and as we all know "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and we all tend to favor things we can personally identify with.

Let's not forget that Zane was one of the few people to beat Arnold Schwarzenegger - pretty impressive for a "light weight".

Here is some other interesting info:

Frank Zane won Mr. Olympia, bodybuilding's highest title, 3 times: 1977, 1978, 1979.

Defeated Arnold Schwarzenegger in the 1968 Mr. Universe competition in Miami , Florida. He also won Mr. Universe 2 more times in London, England in 1970 and 1972.

Oh - the other part of the symmetry that is harder to judge is "intelligence". Zane is one of the most educated Bodybuilders in the history of the sport.

I agree with you Prince, Zane was too light. I am not all that impressd with him. I love Shawn Rays symmetry, it is a thing of beauty, Flex also has great symmetry IMO. You are right though, Labrada was very well proportioned, great physique. Hey OD, I don't see what Zanes education hs to so with his symmetry??

Zane's symmetry is gr8 but he was a little on the light side. Labrada's symmetry is dead on...so too is the symmetry and perfect proportions of Flex, Shawn Ray, and also Dexter Jaxkson (although he never seems to get any recognition).

Sounds like a lot of you are more pleased with the drugged-out super-humans rather than a more natural looking physique.

I'd like to see what Labrada looks like at Zanes age right now. Bet he won't compare.

Well, like I said, Zane looks much more "natural" and "fluid" and frankly there is something more "intelligent" and "sharp" about him that catches my eye. He will no doubt outlive all of the others.

Labrada seems to have a much longer trunk relative to his lower body length. Zane seems "classic" in terms of ratio of upper body length and lower body length. Labrada has huge legs relative to Zane that just do not look attractive to me - poweful for sure but too beefy and slow looking. Zane looks like a cheeta - strong, fast and sleek and not an ounce of wasted or excess muscle to carry. Form follows function and I just like Zane's style.

Originally posted by OceanDude
Zane looks much more "natural" and "fluid" and frankly there is something more "intelligent" and "sharp" about him that catches my eye.

Well, he was a teacher :D

Originally posted by Rob_NC
I'd like to see what Labrada looks like at Zanes age right now. Bet he won't compare.

When is the last time you saw Zane, I'm sure he beefs up a little for the occasional photoshoot/ad, but on a show with Shawn Ray and Kevin Levrone and I frankly could not tell that he really worked out at all.

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by Mudge
Well, he was a teacher :D

When is the last time you saw Zane, I'm sure he beefs up a little for the occasional photoshoot/ad, but on a show with Shawn Ray and Kevin Levrone and I frankly could not tell that he really worked out at all.

I doubt any of us would look like we worked out standing next to monsters like them.

Frank is 60 now!

Originally posted by Rob_NC
I doubt any of us would look like we worked out standing next to monsters like them.

I'm not that big but you can tell I work out, Zane is old and I have nothing against him for saying "gee he sucks he is not a freak," but I could not really tell he worked out. I would have guessed that he ate decently or had a decent metabolism, along with perhaps doing some cardio.

Obviously when Zane competed you could tell he worked out, of course.

Albert Beckles was huge into his 60s, now that he is into his 70s I have not seen pictures, many of these pix are in his 60s.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/bodybuilders/albert.htm

Serge is also still quite built the last I had seen of him. I am not saying that it really matters, we all have the right to be lighter if we choose to, but Zane does not impress me and I was never really a fan.

Zane had "flesh of the gods" as it was called by some people.

I think Flex Wheeler has incredible proportions and symmetry, and awesome round muscle bellies and size to go with it.

Flex was truly a gifted "freak" as far as looks, especially for his weight. He has big kidney problems right now though, as did another black male but I forget his name offhand :(

I liked Steve Reves better than Zane personally.

Well, symmetry refers to equal balance of both sides...proportion refers to balance between muscle groups...aesthetics has more to do with the "beauty" of how its put together. So who has/had the best combined?

-Flex
-Shawn
-Lee L
-Bob Paris
-Zane
-Benfatto
-Rory L
-Cormier

To name a few...

Originally posted by gopro
Well, symmetry refers to equal balance of both sides...

by strict definition of the word, you're correct.

But when it's used in this sense (a physique) it means more along the lines of: "beauty as a result of balance or harmonious arrangement." :shrug:

Benfatto was ripped, I liked him even though he never really placed well. Paris I thought about, and I remember he was big on balance.

Back