• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Ganglion cyst

DanK

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
This only qualifies for training in that I'm pretty sure this is a condition that resulted from training... I have a ganglion cyst in my wrist that isn't painful but does seem to slightly affect my range of motion in my wrist (noticable only when stretching), I've spent some time looking up info on the net, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them here. Anyone here had one and had it go away, or done something to get rid of it other than surgery or smashing it with a big book (bursting the cyst which would drain it but it would probably recur 99% of the time and it'd prob take a pretty hefty smack... not the best way to treat your wrist). I suspect that it would go away if I was to stop working out completely for 2 - 4 weeks as it does seem to shrink in size when I find myself taking more than the usual amount of rest (due to sickness or just being out of town).

I repeatedly get these on the top of my right wrist. Unfortunately the only way that they go away for me is to have it drained and yes it requires a needle being inserted into the cyst. My hurt though and interfere with my training considerably. Do it while its small othrwise you may need surgery instead.

I have a friend who has this and has been ordered to stay home from work by a Dr for several months now. My friend has a lot of pain and is a Mailman. There's supposed to be some form of operation soon, and I think my friend had one before too. The thing keeps coming back worse and worse.

Go get it checked by a Dr and see what can be done!

My wife gets these all the time. They are fairly common and usually happen at older age. Our personal friend is a doctor and she advises us that it???s just semi-hardened or jelly-ized ???goop??? or lubricant from the joint areas of the wrists. She said it is not advisable to drain it since they just come right back. My wife???s come and go randomly. I personally think she gets them when she is under greater stress than normal ??? like a triple wammy of having her monthly cycle combined with unusual job stress and maybe diet changes due to traveling etc. They seem to go away fairly fast (month or 2) if you don???t worry about them and ignore them or constantly poke at them. It can be a bother though depending on how large they are and were they are located since it can interfere with your grip and flexibility and cause tingling in the fingers etc.

Last edited:
I had surgery on that wrist and had to have some bone removed from the ulna and put back together with a metal plate and screws. So I guess that area is much more sensitive to me than most. :shrug:

I actually have it growing back again, I feel the pain :rolleyes:

cyst

I had one and had it surgically removed and have not had a problem since.

Had one on the top of my hand. Smashed it repeatedly against a brick wall. It is gone and never returned (it was scared to!)

wow gopro... heavy duty treatment. Hope you never had acne as a kid and used that technique :)

Originally posted by OceanDude
wow gopro... heavy duty treatment. Hope you never had acne as a kid and used that technique :)

Hehehehe...no. But I DO fear needles. When I was told it could be smashed or drained I said, "I'll take care of it!" And I did :D

My uncle Stanley gets this and my grandma calls it a "Bible bump" and whacks it away with her Bible when it happens. One time it popped up at the Red Lobster and my grandma got really mad because he was whining and saying it hurt. She didn't have her Bible and she kept whacking it over and over with the back of a spoon and everybody was looking. The manager came and said to stop or we would have to leave. My grandma got so mad and didn't talk to my uncle for about two weeks. Anyways it will go away for a while if you smash it up with a big Bible.

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by Rodrugg
My uncle Stanley gets this and my grandma calls it a "Bible bump" and whacks it away with her Bible when it happens. One time it popped up at the Red Lobster and my grandma got really mad because he was whining and saying it hurt. She didn't have her Bible and she kept whacking it over and over with the back of a spoon and everybody was looking. The manager came and said to stop or we would have to leave. My grandma got so mad and didn't talk to my uncle for about two weeks. Anyways it will go away for a while if you smash it up with a big Bible.

At first you were funny, but now you are just annoying and pathetic.

Rod, any particular version? Let me guess - King James?

OK, for those of you who never researched it, the bible method is very common cure, mainly because it tends to be the heaviest book in the house. Now that may have changed, all that new fangled slang has made the dictionary quite a bit heavier. But for future reference the best bible to use is the one with the hardest binder (apparently the least read bible).

gopro,

I had some kind lump develop on my elbow once, it was almost the size of a golf ball, it was very warm to the touch too.
I'm kind of like you, when it comes to taking care of these things, although I have no fear of needles. I sterilized a needle and must have stuck in about 1/2" and it wouldn't drain at all. Did go to a doctor had it looked at, apparently it was just a local infection, probably caused by a burn from welding. Pretty scary getting something like this located on a joint.

Originally posted by Jim1954
gopro,

I had some kind lump develop on my elbow once, it was almost the size of a golf ball, it was very warm to the touch too.
I'm kind of like you, when it comes to taking care of these things, although I have no fear of needles. I sterilized a needle and must have stuck in about 1/2" and it wouldn't drain at all. Did go to a doctor had it looked at, apparently it was just a local infection, probably caused by a burn from welding. Pretty scary getting something like this located on a joint.

You are a better man than me bro. I could never stick a needle in myself with the intention of draining a cyst. I'll stick with my SMASHING method, LOL!

Back