• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Dentists are thieves

SheriV

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
so..I just come back from the dentist ...a new dentist.
cleaning initial exam and i need a bunch of work done so the treatment plan consult..

my LAST dentist wanted to do a bazillion crowns, possible root canals and this and that and none of the shit I want to do

this dentist comes up with one crown to replace one that broke ..possibly another crown but he'd like to try non heroic measures first..and a few fillings
and one implant...
total bill minus the one implant..2500 bucks..insurance will pick up most of it

old dentist? total bill around 12k

both are high recommended and highly reviewed practices.

what in the actual fuck...what the fuck.

Yep had one tell me I needed 19k in dental work. Wanted to replace all my fillings.

yeah..wtf...

10k diff? these practices aren't even a mile from each other either.

new guy suggested cleaning up so old work because it has rough edges..and it bugs me..no charge
I would have done this work a yr ago if I knew it was something my ins was gonna cover and for what copays I have it wasn't gonna cost a fortune.

I am going through that right now with my wife. They want to charge me for a temporary crown and later put a permanent crown. I am thinking WTF? Why not just put the permanent one on from the beginning, instead of charging me more?????? :thinking:

yeah that's kinda fucked...for the two crowns I have that were actually necessary, the temp crowns were part of the overall price. the temp crowns are just resin and dont usually fit too good or look right.

lot of places now can do cad/cam chairside ceramic crowns so no temp needed.

Because there is no way to prove work was not needed after its done.

Dont go to a periodontics my son has to see one for excessive plaque 500 bucks for a cleaning.

holy shit!

I actually was complimented on how clean my teeth were ..no deep pockets considering I hadnt been for a cleaning in a yr and a half and I'm a recent smoker..

if I had known this was just gonna be fillings through a different dentist I would have had this fixed months ago :/

My brother in law is my dentist, so 0 out of pocket for me and my family which is clutch, he clears 1.2 M a year......insane money, he is a very generous man. Trying to pay a check while we are out is impossible so I have learned to say thank you and move on....... :coffee:

do you need a mistress?..does he?

IML Gear Cream!
Wow....that's ridiculous. My mom has worked for a dentist all my life, so even at my ripe age of 33, all my dental work is still free. Never realized how much dental work cost.

yup, make as much as you can while you can, that;s capitalism. Never mind patient security.

I am going through that right now with my wife. They want to charge me for a temporary crown and later put a permanent crown. I am thinking WTF? Why not just put the permanent one on from the beginning, instead of charging me more?????? :thinking:

... because the have to send off to get a permanent one made. They kind of have to do it that way

this is why i went with the George Washington Dental Plan years ago...all i do is replace the wood every 5 years...splinters are a hazard sometimes...

this is why i went with the George Washington Dental Plan years ago...all i do is replace the wood every 5 years...splinters are a hazard sometimes...

Last time me and my wife went to s2h ' s house she got a splinter in her outer labia... strange huh?

they have to pay for that BMW and membership to the country club

Lolololol ^^^^^

Back