• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

very strange knee pain. can't find anything in forum search.

Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've had the strangest pain in my knee. I search the forum and I can't find anything in the forum describing it.

to go over the basics. I have started building "healthy habits" regularly about a month ago. ive been doing great too :p went to my doctor and got the go ahead for dieting (primal) and fitness (body weight, free weight, and cardio). I am a bit over-weight although I am strong and energetic. 200 lb 5'3" female in case it matters. i've been starting small because i want to take off a few pound before I get heavy into the strength training. I'm working to avoid newbie issues. sprint for a very short time once a week. weight exercises three times week, very light and short sets. long walk once a week. rest every ther day. all my exercises are deliberately light because i don't want to get injured due to my excess weight. i actually lost 10 pounds so far and i've noticed i improved my strength and endurance. i've been very careful about my form when i exercise. but mostly i'm just building the HABITS right now. that being said...

i've seen a strange pain happening in my left knee. when i turn wrong, when walking or shift my weight slightly wrong when weight training, my knee will suddenly hurt, bad. usually it will go away nearly immediately when i rest for a few seconds. it even happens suddenly when i'm taking my weekly walk (2-3 miles. whatever i feel like.). it even happened when i simply got out of bed. i literally stood up and then promptly did a face plant. (GOOD MORNING!) but the pain doesn't linger, there's no other symptom i can see. it has been getting progressively more frequent. i stop exercising because i want to avoid aggravating whatever this is. one doctor said it was arthritis (wtf!?), another said it was because i was sleeping wrong (double wtf!?).

I did have sciatic nerve pain when i was pregnant with my son five years ago. i had to carry a cane just in case. it was bad. but both doctors said that wasn't it when i brought it up. although it seems like that would be it, the sciatic pain i felt while pregnant was in my whole leg. this pain now is only in my knee, no where else.
i am delaying the doctors opinions on purpose. i live in a small town and they get "chronic illness = chronic med" happy. so i have to be careful. (once was diagnosed with asthma after a 10 minute visit and the prescribed albuterol nearly killed me. it was actually anxiety attacks.)

anybody else experienced this kind of knee pain?

Sounds like your pinching a nerve. If the knee had a real issue it would swell or be sore to the touch and the pain would not be so intense and then be gone again so quickly. Look up a spinal nerve diagram it will show you which one your pinching then you can figure out how to decompress it. I use "gravity boots" like cuffs i attach to my ankles that hook on a pull up bar so I can hang and stretch out. But other things that can also decompress are. Dips (weighted if you can do them) Pull ups, lat pull downs, decline bench press. I also have a belt that I bought called a disc traction you strap it around your self and it has handles that you press down on that really gives you a nice stretch in your back. I nyever got the sharp pain mine was more of a tingling and numbing sensation. I have heard of the sharp pain though my wife gets it from time to time. Staying hydrated is another good trick the disks in our backs are like sponges so when we are low on water so are they.

Good luck

honestly..it could be anything..could be a meniscus flap thats getting caught and hurting like hell, could be a torn ligament (not through but effed up) could be a patellar tracking problem (really really common in women), could be originating as a pinched nerve from your spine, from your pelvis ...

theres just way too many variables..
starting with imaging from a qualified ortho would be the way to go..its your body, you dont have to take meds if you dont want to and whther youre strong or not a muscle imbalance really is best left to a good physical therapist to help you sort out

Back