• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Arginine?

the Scarab

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I had heard a while back that taking alot of Arginine would help me get big. I take 500 mg when I wake up then mid day then before I go to bed. any thoughts?

"supposedly"

I know that Arginine Pyroglutamate in combination with Lysine Monohydrochloride is supose to be a growth hormone precursor (similar to a ph effect). But for mass support I have seen large doses containing: L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine used also.

Originally posted by the Scarab
I had heard a while back that taking alot of Arginine would help me get big. I take 500 mg when I wake up then mid day then before I go to bed. any thoughts?

arginine does have a positive effect on nitric oxide levels. I would take 3 grams in the am and another 3 grams before bed...

Anyone heard of Dr Michael Colgan, sports nutrition expert? In his book "Optimum Sports Nutrition", he quotes a handfull of studdies that show that large (very large) doses of Arginine have great effects in releasing hGH, however these studdies used Arginine INJECTED. There seems to be less evidence to suggest that oraly ingested Arginine supplements are very effective.
If they are to be effective, they must be consumed on an empty stomach, and prefferably an hour before a workout, and (definately) just before going to bed. In his book, he states, that at his training institute, athletes are instructed to wake up during the middle of the night to take further multi gram doses of arginine, as it has something to do with the fact that hGH is at its highest approximately an hour after falling asleep, which, is another reason why sleep is so important.
Also, (supposedly), Arginine should not be taken with other Amino Acids or any protein at all, expect Ornithine, as the other AA compete with arginine.

I am using a product which contains arginine, orinthine and a few others its called Nutrabolics Primo Gh Stak, and its retardedly expensive. I have been using it for a month and have not noticed anything positive which I can attribute to the supplement. I think the amount of arginine in it is not nearly enough, and its a pain to swallow 4 pills every night. I'm stopping it when this cycle is up, which is today actually. Yaay. One more night of it then its done.

Back