What to eat in restaurants?

Tire fighter ...damn tire

Rep Points

Question What to eat in restaurants?

I am carious as to what people eat at restaurants and still try to maintain your diet. I know that most people don't eat out unless it is on a cheat day, but do you cut off all ties with friends. For me it seams that I have been eating out a lot recently which makes it difficult to maintain a good diet. Now I am not talking fast food, I am talking about going out to nice restaurants to have a nice dinner with friends. When you have to choose from a menu I try to eat as clean as possible but it is not simple.
    "I've thrown up many times working out, but it's all worth it."- Arnold Schwarzenegger in Pumping Iron

Rep Points

Steak and Broccoli. Thats what I get everytime

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

I basically eat proteins and fats and minimal carbs. my body does not metabolize carbohydrates very well so I severely restrict my intake of them...
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

pedal pedal pedal
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Chicken and steak with veggies. I avoid anything fried......most of the time. I always ask for rice or beans if my meal comes with fries.

To God be the Glory

Rep Points

steak, chicken, seafood for protein.
    sweet potato, mixed vegetables, brocolli for carbs.

Fast food - always get grilled chicken sandwich and take off the bread, or if I'm real hungry, I'll take off the top slice of the bread.

Well Read
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Sirloin and filet minion are the better meats to eat from a fat perspective – just don’t get the “king” cuts. Grilled veggies are terrific too – I usually get a double portion and ditch the starch. Salads are fairly harmless but lettuce sucks nutritionally – unless you can get some spinach. I use oil and vinegar dressings. If you really want a baked potato its OK if it’s small or cut in half when large. I eat baked potato pretty dry and sprinkle on olive oil to reduce the glycemic index and season with pepper or pour in some au jus.

Ditto with any grilled or broiled fish and of course chicken breast.

I also do a little sushi (without a lot of the rice)
    "Doc, If I had known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself..."

Est unusquisque faber ipsae suae fortunae.

We Americans scoff at the likes of African witch doctors yet spend 100's of millions of dollars on fake reducing systems.

The only regular exercise he gets is stretching the truth.

His intellect is not replenished, he is only an animal, only sensible in the duller parts...

Tire fighter ...damn tire

Rep Points

Lots of good input thanks a lot, keep it coming.
    "I've thrown up many times working out, but it's all worth it."- Arnold Schwarzenegger in Pumping Iron

BB is fun!!

Rep Points

i always persuade my friends to eat jap food with me. My fav dish is raw salmon with vegs and fruits.

Rep Points

new york steak veggies baked potato/rice pilaf I never use any butter.Just suck it up and eat the potato dry! Of course, drink lots of h2o!
    Chuck Norris once lost his keys and couldn't remember where he put them. So he tortured himself for half an hour until he gave up their location.

Rep Points

Whatever is on the menu. lol I'm with Jodi though...STEAK!!!

I do have a weekness for McD's shakes though.

Training Trainer
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

The good thing is that in a good restaurant you can ask for stuff the way that you want it. If it costs an extra .50 to have them bake something instead of fry it then it's great IMO.

I always have chicken, with or without heavy sauce...fajitas are always good, even with the shells not being whole wheat...just lay off on the guacamole and sour cream and cheese...salsa is a great addition to anything!
    Today I can do what others will not so that tomorrow I will do what others cannot.

The difference between winners and losers is that winners do things that losers don't want to do.

Rep Points

Ask for plain grilled chicken, no oil & no butter, you need to be clear about this, get veggies (again, no oil, no butter) and plain sweet potatoe or brown rice if available.

Fit Freak
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I usually go with a grilled chicken breast with vegies and rice or a baked potato...if I'm watching the carbs I just eat half the potato...and plain of course.

If you like seafood you can always get some sort of grilled fish or a poached salmon.

Lean cuts of steak...sirloin or tenderloin....are also gr8. Just beware of the serving sizes.

Ask for extra vegies...grilled or steamed.

To drink...water.

For dessert if you want it...go with a fruit cup or something...or maybe just go without it. Depends how strict you are.
    Searching for the right balance...