• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Republicans take over the Senate and keep the House

FUZO

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
see ya Harry Reid don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out.7 seats as of now probably 2 more for the senate and gained 12 more seats in the House and gained more Republican Governor's. Poor Obama what will he do now without his homo buddy Reid. Oh there's a Republican Gov in Illinois as well oops.People now realized that this scum bag President Obama is just that a community organizer who doesn't know how to run our great USA.The people have now listened finally and acted.

My 401k isn't any bigger than it was yesterday. When is this sudden spike in wealth supposed to happen once republicans have both houses?

What were the people supposed to be listening to? Some incoherent, illiterate morons fascinated with performing sex acts on Obama like you?

And this gotdamn game continues!

It almost sux being an American.

I am Libertarian with a healthy dose of Jefferson conservatism. Sorry to say it, but all we are doing with these elections anymore is deciding which piggies get a spot at the feeding trough. Someone at work asked to day what I thought about the Repubs taking of congress. The answer is real simple, "They wanted it, now let's see what they do with it."

Exactly. The only difference in the two are what they want to spend our money on. Either way it usually turns out that they use our money to figure out new ways to get MORE of our money. I say get rid of the all and term limits on every political office and appointed position their is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

see ya Harry Reid don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out.7 seats as of now probably 2 more for the senate and gained 12 more seats in the House and gained more Republican Governor's. Poor Obama what will he do now without his homo buddy Reid. Oh there's a Republican Gov in Illinois as well oops.People now realized that this scum bag President Obama is just that a community organizer who doesn't know how to run our great USA.The people have now listened finally and acted.

And these are the same people that thought the economy was good before the housing bubble burst...LOL

Get ready for some more inequality creating, growth slowing recession causing economic policy

Which is worse, the inequality maintaining, slow growth and recession continuing policies that we've had for 6 years, or some fresh new ones?

It is starting to look like a repetitive, fruitless cycle. We vote one party out after 4-6 years of shitty/failed policy. The other party gets elected in, then 4-6 years later, the cycle is repeated. At this point, it's looking like gridlock may just be the "hope and change" that we need, so that DC can't get anything done. Nothing that's done in DC has anything to do with what is best for the country; It's all about the party and hanging onto seats in the senate, house, WH, etc.

During the '08 primaries, I signed onto Hillary's campaign website as a supporter, just for the hell of it. Naturally, I receive a lot of requests for campaign donations However, after the '08 election, I started receiving e-mails, almost daily, from Hillary's "mom" (same website), asking me to donate $ to help Hillary to pay off her campaign debt. Her book sales must not have been what she was expecting. lol

I am Libertarian with a healthy dose of Jefferson conservatism. Sorry to say it, but all we are doing with these elections anymore is deciding which piggies get a spot at the feeding trough. Someone at work asked to day what I thought about the Repubs taking of congress. The answer is real simple, "They wanted it, now let's see what they do with it."
Yep. Just the other side of the same coin.

Lol... funny because only a few of us actually understand its about a class war....but they spin it into a race war

so congress will waste time and our money writing bills that wont get signed, and Obama will waste our money taking executive action on bills no one wants. still lose lose for the average blue collar person

And what is crazy is you have poor people voting against their own interests just because they hate President Obama

And what is crazy is you have poor people voting against their own interests just because they hate President Obama
they are poor for a reason, you should learn in your teens that fast food is a dead end job it shouldnt be a career

they are poor for a reason, you should learn in your teens that fast food is a dead end job it shouldnt be a career

70% of the total current U.S workforce earns less then $49K and of the total workforce 55% earns less then $25K. Once you adjust for inflation those wages have the same purchasing power as $27K and $12K in 1994 dollars.

Anyone that has a college degree today and isn't making at least $100K is earning wages with the same purchasing power equivalent to those of 1980 once adjusted for inflation.

A 4 year college educated worker today earns less then a union worker did in 1970 once those wages are adjusted for inflation.

Low wages are and have always been the leading cause of poverty the 2nd leading cause is an insufficient number of jobs for everyone willing to work. No country in world history has ever achieved a worker participation rate of 100%. Singapore has come close and to accomplish that the country basically functions the exact opposite of the U.S. where government and the private sectors work together.

In my opinion, it doesn't matter whether we have a republican majority or democratic majority. The political realm is so corrupt all any of them care about is their own agenda and getting their pocket's lined with the corrupt lobbyists money. The politicians that do genuinely want to make a difference are silenced or outnumbered by those who are getting rich off of corporate america. It is what it is and i don't see it changing anytime in the near future if ever!

For all the Obama bashing that has been going on, myself included, there is one undeniable fact...Obama and his cronies have been the best friends Wall Street and the big money boys could have asked for. There is still plenty of money to be made in this country. The problem is by establishing a permanent underclass, that money is moving horizontally instead of up and down. Ask yourself this, when the bubble burst, OK, Bush had dirty hands...why didn't Obama sic his attorney general on the Wall Streeters who caused this? When the housing markets collapsed, where was Obama? Hiis buddies were racking in millions and possibly billions and NO ONE has ever been indited. Sure, they were paraded in front of some congressional committee and yelled at, but what came of it? Nothing. THEY ARE ALL CORRUPT.

For all the Obama bashing that has been going on, myself included, there is one undeniable fact...Obama and his cronies have been the best friends Wall Street and the big money boys could have asked for. There is still plenty of money to be made in this country. The problem is by establishing a permanent underclass, that money is moving horizontally instead of up and down. Ask yourself this, when the bubble burst, OK, Bush had dirty hands...why didn't Obama sic his attorney general on the Wall Streeters who caused this? When the housing markets collapsed, where was Obama? Hiis buddies were racking in millions and possibly billions and NO ONE has ever been indited. Sure, they were paraded in front of some congressional committee and yelled at, but what came of it? Nothing. THEY ARE ALL CORRUPT.
This is as real as it gets....

IML Gear Cream!

Don't confuse what Lam posts with supporting the Democrats.
Economic facts are facts.

Facts are, is that the taxpayers are subsidizing government welfare programs due to a low wage labor arbitrage resource model that promotes low compensation wages and benefits for employees.
In part so that corporations can maintain their funding levels of million/billion dollar stock buyback programs that benefit Wall Street, shareholders, corporate executives and business owners.

Under supply side economic theory, some of that capital should 'trickle down'.

Guess what?
It's staying at the top and the taxpayers are subsidizing this low wage and benefit arbitrage model and the associated trickle up economics by funding government social welfare programs that the employees are on due to low wage compensation.

This low wage labor arbitrage model illustrates perfectly as to why there is increasing income inequality in the U.S.
This, is where class warfare is being waged.
To quote Warren Buffett: If there is such a thing as class warfare, my class is winning it.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/companies-paying-americans-least-152116554.html

[h=1]Companies paying Americans the least[/h]Companies that pay employees the least tend to be part of one of three industries: retail, restaurant chains, and grocery stores. According to Arun Ivatury, campaign strategist at the National Employment Law Project, ?These industries have embraced a low-wage business model. Their way of doing business is trying to squeeze as much out of their employees as they can, while paying them as little in wages and benefits as possible.? These industries fall into one of two sectors -- leisure and hospitality and wholesale and retail trade -- that together accounted for almost 70% of all jobs paying the minimum wage or below it, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

These industries fall into one of two sectors -- leisure and hospitality and wholesale and retail trade -- that together accounted for almost 70% of all jobs paying the minimum wage or below it, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

According to Ivatury, one reason wages are so low in these industries is that low pay represents an accepted practice.
Ivatury was especially critical of how large-scale, low-wage employers viewed their workers. "You can come up with all kinds of labels like associate, or team partner," Ivatury said.

"It doesn?t change the fact that you?re paying them as little as $7.25 an hour.? Employees at these companies ?are basically treated as dispensable."

Last edited:
If anyone would like to look at the cash flows and balance sheets of any company in this list that is identified as 'Paying Americans the Lowest', do a google on the company name and "10k"
That will detail as to exactly how a company allocates its cash as to its dividend and stock buyback levels, executive compensation and will indicate how profitable a company is.
It will indicate in detail its balance sheet.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/companies-paying-americans-least-152116554.html

These are the companies paying Americans the least.

10. Macy's, Inc. (NYSE: M)

9. The TJX Companies, Inc. (TJX)

8. Starbucks Corporation (SBUX)

7. Darden Restaurants, Inc. (DRI)

6. Sears Holdings Corporation (SHLD)

5. Yum! Brands, Inc. (YUM)

4. Target Corp. (TGT)

3. The Kroger Co. (KR)

2. McDonald's Corp. (MCD)

1. Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT)

Wal-Mart has allocated 15 billion dollars of cash for stock buybacks and has the highest number of employees on welfare of any company operating in the U.S.
It is the poster child for low wage labor arbitrage to allow funding a 15 billion dollar stock buyback program that directly benefits the most the Walton family.

"Walmart is run by America's wealthiest family, and it employs more people than any other public company in the world. The majority of the company's 2.2 million employees, as of last year, worked in the United States. Walmart's U.S. workforce of roughly 1.4 million dwarfs that of every other American business. Walmart reported revenues of $476.3 billion last year, the largest of any retailer worldwide, as well as roughly $16 billion in net income. Walmart?s financial success has frequently been attributed, at least in part, to its workers? low wages. While Walmart may benefit from the low wages it pays its employees, taxpayers may not. According to several studies, Walmart employees are among the most likely to rely on government subsidies and assistance programs.

Last edited:
70% of the total current U.S workforce earns less then $49K and of the total workforce 55% earns less then $25K. Once you adjust for inflation those wages have the same purchasing power as $27K and $12K in 1994 dollars.

Anyone that has a college degree today and isn't making at least $100K is earning wages with the same purchasing power equivalent to those of 1980 once adjusted for inflation.

A 4 year college educated worker today earns less then a union worker did in 1970 once those wages are adjusted for inflation.

Low wages are and have always been the leading cause of poverty the 2nd leading cause is an insufficient number of jobs for everyone willing to work. No country in world history has ever achieved a worker participation rate of 100%. Singapore has come close and to accomplish that the country basically functions the exact opposite of the U.S. where government and the private sectors work together.
just because statistic say most people are earning below poverty level soesnt mean that they arent at fault for cooking fries in their 40's lets be honest here and nothing to do with race I see white folks and others working as a clerk at the gas station, missing half their teeth, they hate it but dont do anything to improve their situation

just because statistic say most people are earning below poverty level soesnt mean that they arent at fault for cooking fries in their 40's lets be honest here and nothing to do with race I see white folks and others working as a clerk at the gas station, missing half their teeth, they hate it but dont do anything to improve their situation
They want us to think it's about race.

Its a class war...and when people look around them and realize they will continue to experience the same shit regardless of skin color they will finally wake up or they will keep saying shit like black power and white power...which doesn't mean shit because your still poor and voting for people who don't give a shit about you one way or another

Heckler,
The truth is, since the great recession started many people lost their jobs, their income, their homes, their health insurance and those people were then 'dumped' into the job market.

This happened during a time that companies stopped hiring in the U.S. and huge layoffs occurred in multiple sectors.
People with college degrees that were making good incomes with skills, found themselves lay-offed and competing in a job market in which there were no jobs at their former level of income and benefits.
Recent college graduates hoping to 'improve themselves' could not find jobs that required a college degree.

All of these people were completing with people with no college degree, for any jobs available.

Over the past 20 years, large transnational corporations like IBM have escalated moving jobs offshore to trade jobs that were located in the U.S., for profits.
Whole sectors of the American job market/economy, like manufacturing that formally provided work and decent incomes for the middle class, have been off-shored over the past 20+ years.

Wage harmonization associated with globalization, aka downsizing the U.S. middle class worker into lower levels of compensation, has been implemented by corporations and Wall-Street to increase corporate profits and increase the return of capital to the upper economic classes at the expense of the middle and lower economic classes.

Many of the jobs created since the start of the 'great recession' have been low wage service sector jobs.

The combination off all of the above, have been to induce huge shifts in U.S. job market dynamics and reduce the opportunities for people to 'improve' themselves.

There is now a increasing income inequality problem due to but not all inclusive as to what was indicated above, and it is not the fault of people that have been impacted by the decisions of business driven by Wall-Street, to trade jobs for profits and downsize the middle class so that the capital that is generated accumulates at the top, instead of trickling down.

The opportunity for advance and improving oneself, have been greatly reduced.
The American Dream, is now over for many, and many people in the working poor economic class working in service sectors for companies like Wal-Mart, are now considered by their employers as discardable means of production.

The above also illustrates why many large U.S. corporations now have balance sheets that indicate that those corporations have more cash in reserve than at any other time in history.

Its class warfare being waged by Wall-Street, the upper economic classes, corporate executives, corporate owners who are gaining all of the capital, against the lower economic classes.

Last edited:
Bowden,
Hey bro everything you say is true, but its not an excuse for an individual, recession or no recession these folks will always be struggling. Heres what I'm saying take one individual not the group, the person himself maybe unemployed talk to that person for a moment and you will eventually say to yourself, this person doenst want to work. People who work minimum wage jobs, they dont have a degree in anything or skill. They work there IE. Walmart because they dont have a strong resume, just saying there are jobs to be had, good ones, I get emails for work everyweek. People should be thanking walmart for all the people they employ. just sayn

.. argue all you want, it means nothing, everyday the rich increase their wealth, the poor are more poor... use this as a starting point for any argument , with the forethought that when the sun rises , that the rich will be richer... it's a great country , if you can afford it...now,let me get back to my 3rd job so I can pay my insurance ....

republicans will now control the house and senate. this means that if the economy gets worst, which I think it will, I think they'll be held accountable and in 2016 another democrat will get elected as potus.

I don't like the term "income inequality". It's a bullshit term. People get paid according to skill and work ethic, period. If people want to work they will have a job.

Even if you do it right, go to a decent college, earn a degree in mechanical engineering, and get a job you may owe 160.000 in student loans. That equates to about 2200$ a month over 10 years. A mechanical engineering job might pay 70k to start if really lucky. After taxes income including health insurance contribution, 5 % 401 K contribution the take home pay is about 3750 a month. Now take out the loan payment and what's left is 1550$/month. Live close to a big city and rent is at least 1200$/m for a 2 bedroom. That leaves 350$/m for transportation and food and still no car. This is close to best case scenario. Talking smart kid, disciplined, ambitious enough to get things going and find a job in a tight competitive market. So even some of our best youth are looking at living with a room mate for the first 10 years after college and taking public transportation or going into further debt to have a decent car.

Now if you are not a college grad or have a degree (and debt) in something not entirely usable you are basically starting out with a lot running against you. There are options bit a lot of choices do not have a very good prospect. Take advantage of the public university system. Work at least part time through college and try to pay at least 1/2 your expenses out of pocket. Live at home through college. Earn a degree that leads immediately to employment even if it has to be a technical degree or bachelors level professional degree like nurse or laboratory technologist or associates in engineering or air conditioning and refrigeration. Liberal arts or English degrees.. stuff like that, you might as well not go because it will cost you 1/3 - 1/2 of your income for the first 10 years out.

Back