Estrogen from Rice?

UNLEASH THE BEAST
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Angry Estrogen from Rice?

Hey Y'all. I just had a guy from a nutrition store who says he trains Navy seals and all that crap not to eat brown rice. He said that when men eat brown rice it raises estrogen levels which would be detrimental to bodybuilding. Is this guy talking crap or should I stop eating brown rice. I usually have about 2 cups a day.

Rep Points

I never heard of such a thing.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

UNLEASH THE BEAST
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Good, because I've finally started to actually like eating rice!!

Well Read
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

There may be something to it. I'll do a lil research. But the biggest estrogen producer in men is good ol adipose tissue. Lose the fat and estrogen will start swinging normal. But we need some estrogen to balance things out. Got to get in touch with our inner bitch...
    "Doc, If I had known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself..."

Est unusquisque faber ipsae suae fortunae.

We Americans scoff at the likes of African witch doctors yet spend 100's of millions of dollars on fake reducing systems.

The only regular exercise he gets is stretching the truth.

His intellect is not replenished, he is only an animal, only sensible in the duller parts...

Well Read
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Yup sure enough. All the following foods have natural estrogen. Not sure of the quantities yet:
    http://www.holisticonline.com/Remedi...d_estrogen.htm
    Alfalfa
    Animal flesh
    Anise seed
    Apples
    Baker's yeast
    Barley
    Beets
    Carrots
    Cherries
    Chickpeas
    Clover
    Cowpeas (black- eyed peas)
    Cucumbers
    Dairy Foods
    Dates
    Eggs
    Eggplant
    Fennel
    Flaxseeds
    Garlic
    Hops
    Licorice
    Oats
    Olive oil
    Olives
    Papaya
    Parsley
    Peas
    Peppers
    Plums
    Pomegranates
    Potatoes
    Pumpkin
    Red beans
    Red clover
    Rhubarb
    Rice
    Sage
    Sesame seeds
    Soybean sprouts
    Soybeans
    Split peas
    Sunflower seeds
    Tomatoes
    Wheat
    Yams
    "Doc, If I had known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself..."

We Americans scoff at the likes of African witch doctors yet spend 100's of millions of dollars on fake reducing systems.

His intellect is not replenished, he is only an animal, only sensible in the duller parts...

Well Read
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

OMG this is getting intrigueing. It sounds like there is all manner of things that mimic estrogen in common household things. Estrogen sounds like a disease you can catch from things you touch etc. OMG:

One site says that "Estrogen Dominance" in Men should:

Cut out the estrogen mimicking chemicals in our life

Use glass or ceramics whenever possible to store food

If you must use plastics, do not heat them up in the microwave oven or leave them in the sun.

Use a simple detergent with less chemicals (e.g. Nature Clean)

Use a simple soap

Use natural pest control not pesticides.

Avoid Synthetic Chemicals.

Don't use herbicides.

Buy hormone free meats to eat.

Buy "Organic" produce, produce grown without pesticides, herbicides or synthetic fertilizer

Use Condoms without spermicide for Birth control.

ref: http://tsangenterprise.com/news75.htm

Rep Points

Ok a bit over the edge don't ya think.

So basically you guys can ummmm peanuts..........literally

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

UNLEASH THE BEAST
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

That's some research OD! I'm going to have to move my computer into a protective bubble to keep asking my questions. Unless I get elevated estrogen levels from looking at a computer screen....

I assume I should still keep eating brown rice as one of my main Carb sources then.

Tire fighter ...damn tire

Rep Points

Originally posted by rock4832
    That's some research OD! I'm going to have to move my computer into a protective bubble to keep asking my questions. Unless I get elevated estrogen levels from looking at a computer screen....

I assume I should still keep eating brown rice as one of my main Carb sources then.

Well if your nipples start getting very sensitive and you starting getting moody once a month then I would say stay away from it
    "I've thrown up many times working out, but it's all worth it."- Arnold Schwarzenegger in Pumping Iron

UNLEASH THE BEAST
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Originally posted by ArduousMeister
    Well if your nipples start getting very sensitive and you starting getting moody once a month then I would say stay away from it
    Well they do get hard when it's cold out!

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Estrogen Inhibiting Foods

OD you were there, you should have read further down.

Berries
    Broccoli
    Buckwheat
    Cabbage
    Citrus Foods
    Corn
    Figs
    Fruits (except apples, cherries, dates, pomegranates)
    Grapes
    Green beans
    Melons
    Millet
    Onions
    Pears
    Pineapples
    Squashes
    Tapioca
    White rice
    White flour

Looks like if you want to eat Brown Rice you can toss in some onion, broccoli or squash to counter-act, I hope.

In my opinion I don't think it matters because these are not human estrogens, whereas the testoterone boost from lifting comes straight from yourself making it more effective than those foods. I mean animal flesh, beans and eggs are essential to muscle growth, so I wouldn't sweat it if I were you.

Here's something to support my theory
    "Phytonutrients are plant compounds which exert biological effects in the animals or humans that consume them. One group of Phytonutrients is isoflavones. Studies have shown that soybeans are virtually the richest source of isoflavones. (1) (2) Isoflavones are sometimes referred to as phytoestrogens (plant estrogens) because they are chemically similar in structure to, and act like estrogen, though they are weaker than estrogen produced by the body. The two primary isoflavones in soybeans are genistein and diadzein. These compounds may reduce the risk of a number of cancers, including those of the breast, lung, colon, rectum, stomach and prostate. The mechanisms by which isoflavones inhibit cancer cell growth vary depending on the cancer."
    Last edited by maniclion; 08-22-2003 at 07:53 PM.
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Estrogen Inhibiting Foods

OD you were there, you should have read further down.

Berries
    Broccoli
    Buckwheat
    Cabbage
    Citrus Foods
    Corn
    Figs
    Fruits (except apples, cherries, dates, pomegranates)
    Grapes
    Green beans
    Melons
    Millet
    Onions
    Pears
    Pineapples
    Squashes
    Tapioca
    White rice
    White flour

Looks like if you want to eat Brown Rice you can toss in some onion, broccoli or squash to counter-act, I hope.

In my opinion I don't think it matters because these are not human estrogens, whereas the testoterone boost from lifting comes straight from yourself making it more effective than those foods. I mean animal flesh, beans and eggs are essential to muscle growth, so I wouldn't sweat it if I were you.
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

If the body maintains homeostasis, and it is not a large estrogen spike - I would not see that it is a problem?

Rep Points

how much estrogen can one really get from eating 2 cups of rice is my question.

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I give up, one theory contradicts another.

http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/menstrual_pain.html

Now this site says that high fiber grains ie. brown rice help lower
    estrogen levls in foods.

Here's how it works: Fat drives estrogen levels up. Any kind of fat will do it: chicken fat, fish fat, beef fat, olive oil, canola oil—you name it. It does not matter if it is animal fat or vegetable oil; the more of it there is in your diet, the more estrogen your body makes. If you cut the amount of fat in your diet, the amount of estrogen will be noticeably reduced within the very first month...

...Second, plant foods also increase the amount of plant roughage (fiber) in your diet, which helps your body to get rid of excess estrogens. Estrogens are normally pulled from the bloodstream by the liver, which sends them through a small tube, called the bile duct, into the intestinal tract. There, fiber soaks them up like a sponge and carries them out with the wastes. The more fiber there is in your diet, the better your natural "estrogen disposal system" works.

Here's some more:
    Phytoestrogens are naturally occurring plant estrogens. Phytoestrogens belong to the class of estrogens known as phenolic estrogens, which are different than steroid estrogens produced by human sex organs. While phytoestrogens are much weaker,250 to 1,000 times , than the estrogens produced by the body their molecular structure is similar.

I give up I'm going out to set up my weights for tomorrow's ass beating. Oh one more thing, don't any of you guys start pattin guys on the rump and then say "Sorry it must've been something I ate."

Unless that's your thang

Well Read
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Re: I give up, one theory contradicts another.

Originally posted by maniclion
    ... Oh one more thing, don't any of you guys start pattin guys on the rump and then say "Sorry it must've been something I ate."

Unless that's your thang
    HAHA! Classic.

Actually men need estrogen for various things - just needs to be all balanced. And without even researching it I am certain that the estrogen received from foods and the like are way down in the noise levels as far as potency when compared to normal hormonal productions.

Most of these things listed as estrogen producing come fro the herbal/natural market sources. They are the same people that would be inclined to tout sawdust is a good source of fiber etc. if they could find any study that had a link to any of the photochemicals contained in any plant that they could harvest and package which might have the most remote statistical correlation to anything beneficial no matter how small the quantity.

Snake Oil is all over the place these days and the price is getting higher and higher and people are loving it more and more...

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Whats funny is white rice combats it huh but we are not supposed to touch it, another example if its good for you but its bad for you.