• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Estrogen from Rice?

Rocco32

UNLEASH THE BEAST
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey Y'all. I just had a guy from a nutrition store who says he trains Navy seals and all that crap not to eat brown rice. He said that when men eat brown rice it raises estrogen levels which would be detrimental to bodybuilding. Is this guy talking crap or should I stop eating brown rice. I usually have about 2 cups a day.

I never heard of such a thing.

Good, because I've finally started to actually like eating rice!!

There may be something to it. I'll do a lil research. But the biggest estrogen producer in men is good ol adipose tissue. Lose the fat and estrogen will start swinging normal. But we need some estrogen to balance things out. Got to get in touch with our inner bitch... :funny:

Yup sure enough. All the following foods have natural estrogen. Not sure of the quantities yet:
http://www.holisticonline.com/Remedies/hrt/hrt_food_and_estrogen.htm
Alfalfa
Animal flesh
Anise seed
Apples
Baker's yeast
Barley
Beets
Carrots
Cherries
Chickpeas
Clover
Cowpeas (black- eyed peas)
Cucumbers
Dairy Foods
Dates
Eggs
Eggplant
Fennel
Flaxseeds
Garlic
Hops
Licorice
Oats
Olive oil
Olives
Papaya
Parsley
Peas
Peppers
Plums
Pomegranates
Potatoes
Pumpkin
Red beans
Red clover
Rhubarb
Rice
Sage
Sesame seeds
Soybean sprouts
Soybeans
Split peas
Sunflower seeds
Tomatoes
Wheat
Yams

OMG this is getting intrigueing. It sounds like there is all manner of things that mimic estrogen in common household things. Estrogen sounds like a disease you can catch from things you touch etc. OMG: :scared:

One site says that "Estrogen Dominance" in Men should:

Cut out the estrogen mimicking chemicals in our life

Use glass or ceramics whenever possible to store food

If you must use plastics, do not heat them up in the microwave oven or leave them in the sun.

Use a simple detergent with less chemicals (e.g. Nature Clean)

Use a simple soap

Use natural pest control not pesticides.

Avoid Synthetic Chemicals.

Don't use herbicides.

Buy hormone free meats to eat.

Buy "Organic" produce, produce grown without pesticides, herbicides or synthetic fertilizer

Use Condoms without spermicide for Birth control.

ref: http://tsangenterprise.com/news75.htm

Ok a bit over the edge don't ya think. :lol:

So basically you guys can ummmm peanuts..........literally :rofl:

That's some research OD! I'm going to have to move my computer into a protective bubble to keep asking my questions. Unless I get elevated estrogen levels from looking at a computer screen....:tomato:

I assume I should still keep eating brown rice as one of my main Carb sources then.

Originally posted by rock4832
That's some research OD! I'm going to have to move my computer into a protective bubble to keep asking my questions. Unless I get elevated estrogen levels from looking at a computer screen....:tomato:

I assume I should still keep eating brown rice as one of my main Carb sources then.

Well if your nipples start getting very sensitive and you starting getting moody once a month then I would say stay away from it :funny: :evil:

Originally posted by ArduousMeister
Well if your nipples start getting very sensitive and you starting getting moody once a month then I would say stay away from it :funny: :evil:

Well they do get hard when it's cold out!:twitch: :whip:

IML Gear Cream!
Estrogen Inhibiting Foods

OD you were there, you should have read further down.

Berries
Broccoli
Buckwheat
Cabbage
Citrus Foods
Corn
Figs
Fruits (except apples, cherries, dates, pomegranates)
Grapes
Green beans
Melons
Millet
Onions
Pears
Pineapples
Squashes
Tapioca
White rice
White flour

Looks like if you want to eat Brown Rice you can toss in some onion, broccoli or squash to counter-act, I hope.

In my opinion I don't think it matters because these are not human estrogens, whereas the testoterone boost from lifting comes straight from yourself making it more effective than those foods. I mean animal flesh, beans and eggs are essential to muscle growth, so I wouldn't sweat it if I were you.

Here's something to support my theory
"Phytonutrients are plant compounds which exert biological effects in the animals or humans that consume them. One group of Phytonutrients is isoflavones. Studies have shown that soybeans are virtually the richest source of isoflavones. (1) (2) Isoflavones are sometimes referred to as phytoestrogens (plant estrogens) because they are chemically similar in structure to, and act like estrogen, though they are weaker than estrogen produced by the body. The two primary isoflavones in soybeans are genistein and diadzein. These compounds may reduce the risk of a number of cancers, including those of the breast, lung, colon, rectum, stomach and prostate. The mechanisms by which isoflavones inhibit cancer cell growth vary depending on the cancer."

Last edited:
Estrogen Inhibiting Foods

OD you were there, you should have read further down.

Berries
Broccoli
Buckwheat
Cabbage
Citrus Foods
Corn
Figs
Fruits (except apples, cherries, dates, pomegranates)
Grapes
Green beans
Melons
Millet
Onions
Pears
Pineapples
Squashes
Tapioca
White rice
White flour

Looks like if you want to eat Brown Rice you can toss in some onion, broccoli or squash to counter-act, I hope.

In my opinion I don't think it matters because these are not human estrogens, whereas the testoterone boost from lifting comes straight from yourself making it more effective than those foods. I mean animal flesh, beans and eggs are essential to muscle growth, so I wouldn't sweat it if I were you.

If the body maintains homeostasis, and it is not a large estrogen spike - I would not see that it is a problem?

how much estrogen can one really get from eating 2 cups of rice is my question.

I give up, one theory contradicts another.

http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/menstrual_pain.html

Now this site says that high fiber grains ie. brown rice help lower
estrogen levls in foods.

Here's how it works: Fat drives estrogen levels up. Any kind of fat will do it: chicken fat, fish fat, beef fat, olive oil, canola oil???you name it. It does not matter if it is animal fat or vegetable oil; the more of it there is in your diet, the more estrogen your body makes. If you cut the amount of fat in your diet, the amount of estrogen will be noticeably reduced within the very first month...

...Second, plant foods also increase the amount of plant roughage (fiber) in your diet, which helps your body to get rid of excess estrogens. Estrogens are normally pulled from the bloodstream by the liver, which sends them through a small tube, called the bile duct, into the intestinal tract. There, fiber soaks them up like a sponge and carries them out with the wastes. The more fiber there is in your diet, the better your natural "estrogen disposal system" works.

Here's some more:
Phytoestrogens are naturally occurring plant estrogens. Phytoestrogens belong to the class of estrogens known as phenolic estrogens, which are different than steroid estrogens produced by human sex organs. While phytoestrogens are much weaker,250 to 1,000 times , than the estrogens produced by the body their molecular structure is similar.

I give up I'm going out to set up my weights for tomorrow's ass beating. Oh one more thing, :finger: don't any of you guys start pattin guys on the rump and then say "Sorry it must've been something I ate."

Unless that's your thang ;)

Re: I give up, one theory contradicts another.

Originally posted by maniclion
... Oh one more thing, :finger: don't any of you guys start pattin guys on the rump and then say "Sorry it must've been something I ate."

Unless that's your thang ;)

HAHA! Classic.

Actually men need estrogen for various things - just needs to be all balanced. And without even researching it I am certain that the estrogen received from foods and the like are way down in the noise levels as far as potency when compared to normal hormonal productions.

Most of these things listed as estrogen producing come fro the herbal/natural market sources. They are the same people that would be inclined to tout sawdust is a good source of fiber etc. if they could find any study that had a link to any of the photochemicals contained in any plant that they could harvest and package which might have the most remote statistical correlation to anything beneficial no matter how small the quantity.

Snake Oil is all over the place these days and the price is getting higher and higher and people are loving it more and more...

Whats funny is white rice combats it huh :lol: but we are not supposed to touch it, another example if its good for you but its bad for you.

Back