• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

to clear it up....

swordfish

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
this would be very helpful if you guys told me how many different exercises you do for back, legs, chest, bis, shoulders and tris. How many exercises and sets total for each of these. I already know the basic reps are 6-12.

i do about 4 for back, 6-8 for legs (quads, hams, calves), 3 for chest, 3-4 for bis, tris, shoulders

you do 3 for back ... and 3 for biceps??? triceps??? shoulders??? bump up chest and/or lower or at least keep the other 3 the same (at 3)

no i do 4 for back. Remember its a very big muscle group. I usually do 3 exercises for biceps, three for tris, three for all the parts of my shoulders. Sometimes 4.

i dont know why i said 3 for back, you clearly said 4 - that seems a little much .. 9 exercises for shoulders.. 3 for biceps and triceps are a bit, especially if your only doing 3 for chest too - biceps are small..

Back for me is 10-12, biceps still only 3 sometimes a 4th set. I do 5 sets for traps which I dont do on back day, mine dont seem to like any less workload than that.

Are you trying to get the whole workout done in one or two sessions? I am not sure why your volume is so low on the big bodyparts. Your logic is also interesting, back is several muscle groups yet you do more for the deltoids which are smaller, and are only 3 primary muscle groups.

hes talking about 9 exercises for shoulders isnt he? not 9 sets... unless i misunderstood-- all his numbers are the nu,mber of exercsises, not sets--

you guys are crazy, i did 2 exercises for my chest today. one being flat bench and the other being incline db bench. Im freekin exhausted now. 4 exercises is more than enough. 6 sets per body part seems to be PLENTY. im soo tired right now and i dont know what you guys are doing but this is ridiculous.

Your diet must be off if you can't workout for more than a few sets, or else you may have some kind of vitamin or mineral deficiency, or perhaps you are just in terrible shape.

How long are you in the gym for?

50 minutes. im in great shape. 8 % bodyfat. the thing is if you reach muscle failure on flat bench, then how can you expect to have any energy hardly when you do incline. i did 8 sets for chest. 5x5 flat bench, 3x10 incline bench, 3x10 skull crushers, 3x10 dips. on bench triceps are already worked as secondary muscles and on dips the chest is worked as a secondary muscle, therefore they are hit all around with about 11 sets for chest and about 10 sets for triceps.

IML Gear Cream!
well it depends how you position yourself for dips, to make whatever you want the secondary muscle, and just becusae it is worked secondary doesnt mean it counts as a set... well at least i dont... i do about 10 sets for chest 12 for back and legs .. 7 for triceps 6 for biceps 9 for shoulders .. all in one week..

that is pretty realistic, thats about what i do, mine is roughly 10 for chest, 10 for back and legs, 6 for tris, 6 for bis.

Now I see where this is going, I dont think in terms of some magical number of excersizes, I think of total volume and sometimes variety, i.e. I know I am not going to do 12 sets of pullups and call that a back workout.

well, how many sets do you do for back mudge?? seems like your doing too much, just my opinion though. it seems like 6-10 sets for any muscle group is good if performed with good quality.

10-14 depending.

4 exerercises for back
3 for chest
3 for bis
3 or 4 for shoulders, 1 for each section of my shoulders

My split is back/chest arms/shoulder legs

Back