• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Most Effective Bicep EXERCISES???

BlackbeltLifter

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What do you guys think are the most effective moves for the Biceps. I usually do...
Alt. Curls/Hammer Curls
E-Z Bar Curls
Barbell Curls

Opinions???

Barbell curls are the staple of your bicep training mainly b/c it the biggest compound movement you can doi for them. No matter how far along in your training you are, you should more or less be using this exercise in some form or another. That doesn't mean there arren't many other exercises that are great to incorporate of course.

Originally posted by Prince
All three exercises are effective, but barbell curls are going to be the best "mass movement" because they're compound.
:thumb:

what should i do barbell curls with and which benefits my biceps more? an ez bar curl or just a regular flat olympic barbell??

a regular bar. There is a reason it is called an EZ curl bar, part of the function of the bicep is to twist the wrist so when you are able to turn in your wrist, it makes the lift easier.

i feel preacher curls done properly burn the shit outa my biceps, along with barbell curls and cable curling..

I like concentration curls, if you can do them right. But as gr81 said, barbell curls are the staple.

The "best" will be an individual matter in terms of how it "feels" to you, and how well it "pumps you up." However, what is more important is what group of movements you use, how intensely they are performed, and HOW they are performed.

Originally posted by gr81
a regular bar. There is a reason it is called an EZ curl bar, part of the function of the bicep is to twist the wrist so when you are able to turn in your wrist, it makes the lift easier.

I always thought an EZ-Curl bar's purpose was to take the stress off of your wrists, opposed to a straight barbell which tends to strain the wrist.

IML Gear Cream!
that is what I was saying, b/c you are able to turn your wrists in, it takes stress off the wrist during the lift therefore making it easier. We are saying the same thing here.

You are a crafty one prince.
In my experience at least for me the cambered bar isa little easier to perform. But then again I have wrist problems so that is a big factor I am sure.

Back