• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!
    Thanks! 💪

Bill Passed: Unlimited access to communications of every American?

BadGas

H-AS Board Rep
Registered
Reaction score
East of the Pacific. West of the Atlantic.
IML Gear Cream!
According to Congressman Justin Amash, Congress just passed a bill which grants the government and law enforcement ?unlimited access to the communications of every American?.
When the Michigan lawmaker discovered that the Intelligence Authorization Act for FY 2015 had been amended with a provision that authorizes ?the acquisition, retention, and dissemination? of all communications data from U.S. citizens, he desperately attempted to organize a roll call vote on the bill.​
However, the legislation was passed yesterday 325-100 via a voice vote, a green light for what Amash describes as ?one of the most egregious sections of law I?ve encountered during my time as a representative?.​
The bill allows the private communications of Americans to be scooped up without a court order and then transferred to law enforcement for criminal investigations.​
The legislation effectively codifies and legalizes mass warrantless NSA surveillance on the American people, with barely a whimper of debate.​
Read the full text of Congressman Amash?s letter below, which was sent out before the bill was passed.​
*********************​
Dear Colleague:
The intelligence reauthorization bill, which the House will vote on today, contains a troubling new provision that for the first time statutorily authorizes spying on U.S. citizens without legal process.
Last night, the Senate passed an amended version of the intelligence reauthorization bill with a new Sec. 309?one the House never has considered. Sec. 309 authorizes ?the acquisition, retention, and dissemination? of nonpublic communications, including those to and from U.S. persons. The section contemplates that those private communications of Americans, obtained without a court order, may be transferred to domestic law enforcement for criminal investigations.
To be clear, Sec. 309 provides the first statutory authority for the acquisition, retention, and dissemination of U.S. persons? private communications obtained without legal process such as a court order or a subpoena. The administration currently may conduct such surveillance under a claim of executive authority, such as E.O. 12333. However, Congress never has approved of using executive authority in that way to capture and use Americans? private telephone records, electronic communications, or cloud data.
Supporters of Sec. 309 claim that the provision actually reins in the executive branch?s power to retain Americans? private communications. It is true that Sec. 309 includes exceedingly weak limits on the executive?s retention of Americans? communications. With many exceptions, the provision requires the executive to dispose of Americans? communications within five years of acquiring them?although, as HPSCI admits, the executive branch already follows procedures along these lines.
In exchange for the data retention requirements that the executive already follows, Sec. 309 provides a novel statutory basis for the executive branch?s capture and use of Americans? private communications. The Senate inserted the provision into the intelligence reauthorization bill late last night. That is no way for Congress to address the sensitive, private information of our constituents?especially when we are asked to expand our government?s surveillance powers.
I urge you to join me in voting ?no? on H.R. 4681, the intelligence reauthorization bill, when it comes before the House today.
/s/
Justin Amash
Member of Congress

Its a ploy by the Postal Service to get people to start using snail mail again...

the government owns your body, it tells you what you can and can't put into it. Government can't protect you from yourself. when it tries it takes away and destroys your freedoms. The government also tells you how much money you get keep from your paycheck. don't be fooled, you live under a fascist authoritarian tyrannical government.

the government owns your body, it tells you what you can and can't put into it. Government can't protect you from yourself. when it tries it takes away and destroys your freedoms. The government also tells you how much money you get keep from your paycheck. don't be fooled, you live under a fascist authoritarian tyrannical government.

Yup. More plutocratic than fascist, though.

well, we are definitely less free every day. Plutocracy is correct and the worst part about it is everyone is under the impression there is nothing to be done to fix it. the days of tar and feather are gone, protesting just gets you arrested and a record and doesnt solve anything. You vote out one politician another just picks up where he left off...thats why I plan to retire in Equador, or somewhere warm where i will be considered wealthy and have all the amenities for a comfortable life and no government telling me i have to pay this and that and insurance required by law and shit...fucking joke, and its all to make the rich richer, the poor poorer and the middle class stay right where they are at, enslaved to the rich while getting robbed by the poor.

Zbigniew K. Brzezinski published a book about this 30 years ago, not that it's comforting at all but this has always been the plan.

http://www.amazon.com/Between-Two-Ages-Americas-Technetronic/dp/0313234981

The private sector is as much to blame if not more they are the ones that ultimately give the government the information that it desires and in return they get access to massive amounts of data plus legislation that benefits their retrospective industries. There are over 200-300 large firms that will also be getting this information.

No big news there, we're living amongst the 4th Reich people! It's only going to get worse. A covert continuation of nazi ideals.

51XnJnUtDeL.jpg

IML Gear Cream!
I was going through some old economic notes, papers and books the other week and I ran into a paper that I started but didn't finish. To make a long story short it was about colonial mercantilism and how raw materials were gathered in the colonies shipped back to England where they were processed into finished goods even stuff like lumber, etc. for furniture and they would ship the finished products back to the colonies to sell to the people and the profits went back to England.

Doesn't this system sound familiar?

Back