• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

body fat scale or hand held analyzer

s-n-a

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I know there are more accurate ways to measure body fat than the two listed above so that's not what this thread is about. I have a scale and a hand held analyzer and their calculations are quite a bit apart...the hand held one says 27% and the scale says 35%. So I'm wondering which one is more accurate in general. As I try to get in better shape, I'd like to make sure I'm losing fat and not much muscle in the process by using whichever one is deemed to be the more accurate calculator of the two. Again, I'm not as concerned with the actual BF% as much as I'd like to use one of these as a tool to ensure I'm not losing much muscle. I figured the bright minds on this board would be able to give some guidance. Thanks.

I have a scale that measures BF and it sucks, it says im 33% and i know thats not right. it was expensive as hell so im taking it back.

Yup,we have scales,and they suck,i only use it for my weight,also bought a hand held Omron 306 it iis a little closer,but still not accurate,they all still use a formular of height,weight,and age,and once you get past 59 you are fucked,i guess you just don't worie about BF% than,also they have athletic pos. and normal,make sure you have it set to athletic,but it is still off by 3-5% from my calipers, slim guide but once more they are set up for same catagories,age and there charts make no sense,if you go to there 4 spot skin fold areas,vrs 3 spot or 3 point chatagory there percentages don't come close to each other,n me in 3 locations,front lower ABB area,one spot,than upper chest next spot,than upper thigh area,is the 3rd spot to check,add the numbers of MM togeather mine come out to 21mm go to the book look up men whatever age you are and mine fell right on the 21 line at 9.4% but the other day it was 22mm and there is no line for it,so you have to split the difference from 24mm is 10.4 and 21 is 9.4 that was 9.9% but all of this still means nothing more than a way of knowing weather you are losing or gaining fat. Now the Omron has had me t 9.8 to 15.5% all in the same week,i can remeasue using this devise in an hour and get a different reading,but in its defence and any electrical impedence device you need to be very hydrated,as it helps direct the ele. pulse thru you. So just go get a pair of calipers,cheap and are better at measuring BF%..

The hand held are not right at all just use calipers

Back