Weak on TRT ????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

30-45 min of cardio. It doesn't have to be running or anything like that. Control your weight through your food.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by raysd21 View Post
    Anyway like I said you should donate double red cells. Not whole blood. And an hour and a half is too much cardio IMO. 40 minutes tops. Just double your carbs every 4th day and you will be happy trust me. Honestly I would actually eat normal for a week or two. Then start carb cycling. Get some strength back.
    So I have an appointment for tomorrow to give double red blood cells. I know I over do it with my cardio but as a former fat ass I can't help myself sometimes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I'm not sure if you are over doing cardio. I'm an endurance athlete, and some of my cardio sessions can be anywhere from 3-6 hours long, but I've been training that way for years. You honestly could be going through a slight burnout phase. You have to mix your cardio up if you aren't a sport specific athlete. If you are just hitting a treadmill every day (or whatever) at the same gym, same everything etc...Your brain could shut down. Just get your diet in check. If one day you feel beat, then do a different type of training. I'm not sure of your athletic history, and how long you've been training. etc... So it's impossible for me or anyone else to give blanket advice, but you need to learn how your body works, and make the necessary adjustments. I can tell you one thing - in your OP you stated that you basically train 7 days a week (4 strength and 3 cardio.) You need to have at least one day off!!!!!! That would be my first suspicion - you are burning yourself out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

My guess was going to be high RBC.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

So l went to give blood today at the local Red Cross blood banks and they start asking me questions. The 1st was did your doctor tell you to have your blood drawn. Me not seeing where this was going said no but they suggested it. She then asked if it was because my RBC was high me still not realizing what she was doing said yes. And last she ssaid are you taking testosterone. I said yes and she told me the FDA came out with a new rule about a month ago saying that if you take test you can't donate blood. I should have seen this coming. Anyway there are several other blood donations at churches and schools over the next few weeks I'm going to try again and forget that I take test.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

There are so many things that can be causing your problems. Stress, lack of rest, diet, dehydration, etc. TRT is not the solve all. Some days you're not all there at the gym and you have to accept that. Try not to over stress it will make things worse. Listen to your body. As far as donating blood goes I donate whole blood every two months and I swear by it. You can donate double red but then you have to wait four months to donate again so its basically the same thing. Its your choice both are healthy especially while on trt. Oh and stop admitting you're on test and if your hematocrit levels are high just tell them that you know and that youre doc said they were a little on the high range and he recommended you donate blood.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Or threaten to cut that bitch. I find that always ends in interesting ways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

You can screw around with the red cross or if you have insurance go to your doc and tell him you need a script for a phlebotomy. I can tell you that giving on pint of blood for me doesn't do shit when my RBCs are high. I have to have as many as 5-6 pints taken over a period of 4 months to get my RBCs down. never ever has one pint done it. If you have a good doc he will know that TRT causes high RBcs and will take care of you. the blood doc for sure knows. usually requires one visit to the phlebotomist for consultation. Laws in at least michigan say the doc cant take blood same day as doctors visit for some stupid reason. But if your going to do this long term you need a solution that's solid.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by UberJedi View Post
    Or threaten to cut that bitch. I find that always ends in interesting ways.
    I thought about it.......

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by DetMuscle View Post
    You can screw around with the red cross or if you have insurance go to your doc and tell him you need a script for a phlebotomy. I can tell you that giving on pint of blood for me doesn't do shit when my RBCs are high. I have to have as many as 5-6 pints taken over a period of 4 months to get my RBCs down. never ever has one pint done it. If you have a good doc he will know that TRT causes high RBcs and will take care of you. the blood doc for sure knows. usually requires one visit to the phlebotomist for consultation. Laws in at least michigan say the doc cant take blood same day as doctors visit for some stupid reason. But if your going to do this long term you need a solution that's solid.
    Doc knows I need it and wanted me to donate first. If I can't fine a way in the next week I will see if my doc and get it taken care of for me. I'm hoping I can go to one of the small blood drives and get it done. I hope they did not put something on file banning me from donating.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I'm not exactly sure why a high RBC is an issue if you know the cause. You have high RBC's because of TRT right?. If you were an endurance athlete you would absolutely want this. A high RBC doesn't make you feel tired as far as I know. Now if you have kidney disease, or messed up blood pressure coupled with heart disease - or some other malady, then you may need to get it figured out, but other than that I'm not sure exactly what you are worried about. You could live at altitude for a year and raise your RBC....

Quote Originally Posted by toennee View Post
    Doc knows I need it and wanted me to donate first. If I can't fine a way in the next week I will see if my doc and get it taken care of for me. I'm hoping I can go to one of the small blood drives and get it done. I hope they did not put something on file banning me from donating.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Swaglantern View Post
    I'm not exactly sure why a high RBC is an issue if you know the cause. You have high RBC's because of TRT right?. If you were an endurance athlete you would absolutely want this. A high RBC doesn't make you feel tired as far as I know. Now if you have kidney disease, or messed up blood pressure coupled with heart disease - or some other malady, then you may need to get it figured out, but other than that I'm not sure exactly what you are worried about. You could live at altitude for a year and raise your RBC....
    Yes its because of TRT. I'm far from an expert but from what I basically understand is that it thickens your blood making it harder for your heart to pump it. I have been told this can make you feel tired/weak but again I'm no expert.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I lived in Afghanistan in the logar province at 10,000 ft for a year and I wasn't tired after about three months.but trt for some reason at normal altitudes makes me tired as shot. Go figure that out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by DetMuscle View Post
    I lived in Afghanistan in the logar province at 10,000 ft for a year and I wasn't tired after about three months.but trt for some reason at normal altitudes makes me tired as shot. Go figure that out
    Shooting from the hip - I would attribute this to water . A lot of guys don't carry any "visible" water weight while on gear, as they use an anti -e or whatever, but there is still excess water weight that is probably not visibly apparent. It's possible that this can have a huge effect on cardio efficiency, and energy. Water accumulates EVERYWHERE - the lungs, joints of the body, in the fat, around the heart in whatever tissue there is, and it can fatigue you. Especially if you are a bigger man, and not terribly fit in the first place (not saying this is you).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Makes sense