• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Crippled from Test P - really

shortstop

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Serious pain in the right quad and noticeably swollen. Yesterday was 5th shot of Test P - 100mg/EOD.
Right quad, left quad, right quad left quad - little pain, but normal. #5 back to right quad.... Holy shit I've never experienced anything like this.
I use 1.5" slin pins and with every other shot starting with #1( E4D), I've loaded 1cc of test e 250 with the 1cc of test p in syringe with no issues ever until shot #5. I'm more pissed not knowing what went wrong than I am about the pain.
I keep thinking, and this may be way out of line, that since I use 1.5" pins, I may have gone too deep. I've always purposely used 1.5 so I don't have to bottom out, I go about an inch into the quad. But yesterday, I slowed it down more than usual, took about 45 sec to empty 2cc, but I noticed about halfway through that the pin slid in to the base. I didn't pull it back I kept going. Maybe some escaped under the muscle? Crazy theory maybe I have no medical training but I can see and feel the fluid around my knee cap.
Please don't respond with bro science. If you've experienced this or KNOW possible causes and solutions please help. Not to be a dick, but there's a good chance that not a lot of people here who have more experience training and cycling. NO ONE knows everything but surely someone here has experienced this. Or if you're an RN or have honest medical training please respond.
Thanks

I can't say I approve of your injection procedure (if I'm reading it right), but this is a pretty comprehensive research paper on the subject:

Treadwell, Terry. "Diagnostic Dilemmas: Intramuscular Injection Site Injuries Masquerading As Pressure Ulcers." (2003).
http://www.woundsresearch.com/article/2045

None of your particular symptoms are covered explicitly in this paper. Nor did they come up in the databases I have access to. Further, a Google search brings up a lot of boards with guys experiencing similar predicaments. So bro science might be whats left.

If it gets worse, or doesn't get better then you need to go in and have someone look at it and get some "hands-on" time, regardless of any advice from here (not being a dick, there's just so much one can diagnose without inspection and your safety is my concern).

One of my quad shots several weeks back resulting in redness and swelling from where I shoot(upper outside) down to the lower inside part of my quads. The redness, edema, and pain was significant for a long time, like over a week. Stretching that quad literally felt like I was tearing some of the muscle fibers. This pain SLOWLY subsided over the course of probably two weeks. I don't know if it crashed in my leg or what, but that's the longest I've ever had something like that happen. Just though I'd share my recent experience, but you haven't really described what's going on other than pain....

I personally get crippled from prop no matter where injection site is. Just one of those guys who can take it. With that being said, a couple of times over the years mostly with 2ml + injections, The oil disperses way before the medicine leaving a crystallized mass of gear sitting in a wad trying to break down. For me , it turns red and the area is warm to the touch much like a nasty infection. Stretching it withe heating pad wrapped around it or shower on hot as you can take it with a wash rag on the site and water beating on the rag while messaging it. It sped up the process of healing for me as well as soothed it.

before I changed gears I was pinning test c and it was my 3rd or 4th time pinning in my right quad and everything was good until that pin, it went in well, but within 4 hours it flamed up super hot and red, and stretched from my upper thigh all the way down and around my knee cap with the fluid you could feel squishing all around, I was only pinning with 1" pin and 1cc, but the pain really really sucked, it lasted for a better of 2 weeks tot he point were it was hard to even walk, (but keep hitting the gym) I just keep massaging it and hot baths and hot showers, and lots of quad stretching, before It finally subsided. let me tell you I really started to think if this is going to be how it is I don't know if I wanted to do it anymore. lol but that was the worst that I have had. never had that kind of pain while pinning nor since, even with pinning tne 3 times a week there is no pip now. so I don't know why it did that, but I feel your pain.

Quad shots have always been either pain free or crippling for me. With long esters its only every so often painful, with shorter esters its more frequent. I used to always pin my quads, not anymore that's for sure.

And if Im reading that right, you need to rotate sites more often, throw in glutes and delts. Give your quads a break, Im sure that's a big part of the problem.

Ok someone asked to be more specific with the pain and swelling. I pin, like always, the middle third of the quad. This particular pin was closer to the low end of the section, about 2" to the outside of the front, center right quad.
From the middle of the quad, down to the knee, is swollen and very painful. Not extreme swelling but I can see and feel fluid around the knee cap. No redness or discolor or fever. Ice helped tremendously today, but I'm still down and can't walk all that good. The leg won't bend past about 30 degrees.
Today is shot #6 on the schedule and I've been putting it off all day. Today is also Day 11 of cycle and I have yet to feel it kick it so that ain't helping. < doesn't concern me though, test p always takes almost 2 weeks for me to feel anything at all. I'm expecting to wake up tomorrow or Sunday with no pain and a trusty ol red rooster. Today is also day 3, no gym, so really need this thing to pass.
Thanks to all who responded. I'll be back here for the next few days with updates and progress.

Cottonmouth, you may be right. When I started cycling 15 years ago, I only pinned glutes. For the first few years, I only cycles long esters. When I added Winny, I rotated all over, but eventually favored quads. It worked well in the past, even with test prop. This time around, I may have went back too close to the injection site from 4 days prior. The first 4 pins were virtually painless, typical propionate discomfort. I'll incorporate glutes into the rotation. I've stayed away from delt injections with test prop bc in the past, the soreness prevented me from training any upper body for days at a time. Nothing I couldn't work through, but quads had worked so much better. I only have 7 more prop pins to go and I want to be certain this disaster doesn't happen again.

I know the feeling of not being able to bend the knee past a certain point, when I had that same pain and swelling like I said above, it was so bad that it would put a few tears in the eyes when I had to squat down for work, and the pain was crazy bad. stick in there it will pass.

Cottonmouth, you may be right. When I started cycling 15 years ago, I only pinned glutes. For the first few years, I only cycles long esters. When I added Winny, I rotated all over, but eventually favored quads. It worked well in the past, even with test prop. This time around, I may have went back too close to the injection site from 4 days prior. The first 4 pins were virtually painless, typical propionate discomfort. I'll incorporate glutes into the rotation. I've stayed away from delt injections with test prop bc in the past, the soreness prevented me from training any upper body for days at a time. Nothing I couldn't work through, but quads had worked so much better. I only have 7 more prop pins to go and I want to be certain this disaster doesn't happen again.

I used to only pin my quads,, I know if I dont go what most people would consider high on my quads it will hurt for sure, not being able to bend my leg, about 30 maybe 45 degrees of movement. And quads are my biggest muscle group by far. When I run short esters I always try not to pin the same site more than once a week, sometimes that cant be helped though.

For me, after I start prop and pin the site a few times it hardly gets sore anymore. But every prop cycle I have to build that tolerance up again it seems.

IML Gear Cream!
Ok 1st to stillatit, differnt sources use different oils to mix there powders in if you get pain every time you use prop try asking your source what oil they mix with and try a different source that uses a different type of oil

Second to answer the 1st post the reason i used to get a crippling pain in my guad followed by a swollan knee cap and a hot and painfull feeling to the touch was explained by my doctor, im not saying this is true for fact just what he told me and it makes sense to me, sometimes when you hit the quad just right you can inject between the muscles and he stated there is a cavity like spot that the oil goes into and bc its not in the muscle belly, it seeps its way down toward the knee cap and the oil sits between the muscles and that is why your leg hurts the way it dose
Honestly i now use a 1inch pin in my quads and havent had the problem since

Okay so... same thing happened to me as well but it took a week to disspear. I jabbed 3ccs into my quads and never had a problem with hitting legs after but this pin I was bleeding pretty bad afterwards. So i did 3 ccs and smashe legs but I found out doing such a thing can leave to oil leaving out the muscle and running down the kneecap. My shit was so fucking painful and i couldnt even move my leg i was limping for a week. Its has to be damn near the same if you felt liquif down there.

jcsl,
That makes perfect sense to me. I've been left with nothing but time to think. It may be a theory but I can actually picture the oil trapped in a void, unable to be absorbed by the muscle. The swelling has moved closer to the knee by the day, and now my knee cap isn't even visible. Pain location has remained. Did your Dr say how long it takes for the muscle to absorb the oil? Or if the muscle does in fact absorb the oil? I'm thinking I lost 2 cc for good, but it has to go somewhere.

Test Prop or test Acetate always leaves me sore, swollen, and red no matter where I inject. Delts are the worst.

Test p, more then 100 mgs a pin absolutely kills me. Intense pain and test flu throughout my last and only test p cycle.

Ok first i stated earlyer that different labs use different base oils to make there make there oils with so if this many of you are haveing pain like that, regardless of the injection spot, i would sugest you ask your suplyer what type of oil is being used to make his products and id sugest trying a different suplyer bc test shouldnt hurt if it dose, use a different suplyer

To answer shortstop, it happened to me twice and bothe times it took between a week and a half to two weeks but i run around at work alot if you sit at work it might take more or less time but it will go away soon bro just hang in there

probably hit a lymphatic vessel, easy to do in the quad. I hit my lymphatic in the quad once and walked with a limp for 10 days.

Prop is poop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

probably hit a lymphatic vessel, easy to do in the quad. I hit my lymphatic in the quad once and walked with a limp for 10 days.

Lymphatic vessels for the most part run along the inside of your limbs, such as your groin and brachial, that's why pinning these places is frowned upon. Plus your biceps to a lesser extent. Ive seen a guy who hit it in his groin and it was swollen, big, for a month. It was like half a baseball was under his skin.

Iv done prop from many sources over many years. i am just one of the guys that can't use it. kills me every time, any pin location, any source. good sust at 500 mg a week will even let me know just from the little that's in it. oh well, hope it heals well man.

IML Gear Cream!
I pinned my first shot 250 test E almost 4 days ago in my glute and I was limping the first two days, swollen and painful since then but no red marks or streaks... I did aspirate and this isn't my first shot. Did I hit a nerve or something?

Back