• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

How to tone my stomach and Chest

itsthedirtybird

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have a flabby stomach and a somewhat loose chest :( . I am built like a gorilla; broad shoulders and short 5' 8". I am trying to do cardio tuesday, thursday and saturday, and lift the other days. How can I tone my chest and stomach while still focusing on my whole body? :confused: I am 16.5 and weigh roughly 160lbs.

My second issue is that I would like to be benching 200lbs so i can get recognition at my school I am at about 115 now what is the best way to go about breaking that barrier.

I really appreciate any help you guys have. Thanks!:D

umm...115 benching.......well its gonna take a while to get to 200 but the best why to get there faster is to always keep pushing ur self.....always push till failure and make sure ur drinking alot of water..aslo aking protein will help ur streght..not necessarily those powders or capsules..but stuff like meat...milk...fish....as for toning...well toning is a little more reps ..i say aim for about 8-10 reps if ur going for some toning to.. but cardio just help aswell.... and for abs.cardio and righting right will fix that..u first need to get rid of the fat before ur abs actually show..then start doing ab workouts

Well, now to translate...:rolleyes:

First of all, there is no such thing as toning...training to increase your muscle density is what you're looking for. Best way to do this is through training for growth and strength, which is a medium rep range...around 6-10. Every workout you should be trying to either increase your weight or increase the reps you do at that weight...once you can get 12 or more with good form, bump your weight up.

Abs are built in the kitchen, not through more cardio. Fix your eating habits and you'll probably start to see abs...check the diet forum for lots of good info on that.

As for benching 200 lbs. there are lots of good benching programs here as well. Do a search on bench press and you'll find dozens of them. Try different things and see what works for you.

Ponyboy is correct about the toned thing - I hate that term too. If you want a "toned" chest, then you need to lower your bf % to get rid of the fat covering it. First if I were you i'd choose what I want to do first - either diet to get rid of fat that you have on your stomach and chest or diet to get stronger and bigger to achieve the 200 lb bench you want (why do you want recognition at your school for benching 200 anyway?) You can probably do both (lose bf% and gain some strength if you've just started lifting) but you'd be much better off focusing on one of the two.

Benching 200lbs for some reason is the ultimate bench press in school. I always wanted to bench 200lbs back then also! Looking good wasn't it for me, it was benching 200lbs. And no, it doesn't make any since to me when I look back and think about it.

Just work relly har ever time you work out and i think you could have it by the time you are 17 and a few months old. I am currently 17 and have been lifting for two years now. This program has worked for me recently, i am up to 250 now, http://www.joeskopec.com/add50.xls
through lots of hard work and making sure i get enough protein everyday, im sure youll meet your goal by this time next year, if not be a lot higher. Three days a week cardio looks pretty good to me, thats as much as I do. Good luck to you

sorry about the message before, 1 week later I finnaly got my max and it is about 147.5lbs

I realized that doing 115 20 times wasn't really my max I didn't know you only had to do it once.

to answer the 200lb question, for some reason you get your name on a board in the weight room and also get announced at a sports banquet. It is my own personal goal because my athletic director is an ass hole and doesn't think I have any capabilities. I hope to prove him wrong.

Back