What if that was next to your bed?

Monochromatic Bunny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Post What if that was next to your bed?

Imagine if you will, that you live alone.

Completely alone, no family, no friends. It is just you in your house.

In the room you sleep, the wall meets another building.

So, like I was saying. The wall is connnected to another building, some government facility. Every night, when you lie in your bed that is next to that wall, you hear a low sound. Like someone dropped a sack of potatoes, it hits once, ?thud?, then again, ?thud? in a lower tone and stops.

It lasts 3 seconds but it is persistent, every night, there is that sound.

Thud! (louder) then thud (quieter).

Being curious, you go ask what does that government facilty does, not directly but you ask around. You discover it is a branch of the morgue. That sound is a dead body dropping in the morgue table. Thud, the fresh dead body is placed in the stainless steel bed, thud, his head hits.
    Every night a new body.

That stainless steel bed on the other side of the wall is curiously placed in the same position of your bed.

I have two questions:

1. Would you think about who the cadaver was when it was living? Like wondering about that person that once lived?

2. You come to expect that sound every night but if there is a night that no sound happens. Nobody and no body is placed in that morgue next to you. Would you feel alone that night?

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Rep Points

I don't know about the morgue. Chances are after the inital tuds, it would be quiet. When I was in college my apartment neighbor for about 3 months was a hooker. Her bedroom was right against mine. I could never get a nights sleep from all the headboard banging on the wall. She got kicked out in 3 months. I never even seen her. But by the amount of business she was doing she must have been good looking.

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by dogsoldier View Post
    I don't know about the morgue. Chances are after the inital tuds, it would be quiet. When I was in college my apartment neighbor for about 3 months was a hooker. Her bedroom was right against mine. I could never get a nights sleep from all the headboard banging on the wall. She got kicked out in 3 months. I never even seen her. But by the amount of business she was doing she must have been good looking.
    Or cheap
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

If you have ever had to dissect a body for anatomy class, you have 2 options. Either you get wrapped up emotionally, or you shut it off. The successful med and science students are the ones that can turn it off and not get wrapped up emotionally. It does sort of help that all of the skin and fat has been removed, but the lips and eyelashes are still intact and it is hard not to realize that this person was once sitting on the couch, eating food and watching a movie. Maybe a mom or a dad.
    It ain't nothin' but a peanut!