• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Upper Back & Neck Pain / Tightness

soxmuscle

Follow @TheUnzippedFly
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
To make a very long story short, I have been dealing with chronic neck and back tightness/pain for the last two years.

It feels like nothing is aligned properly. Like my my right shoulder/chest/etc are an inch or two in front of my left side when looking in the mirror, I am standing perfectly straight it would appear to the naked eye.

My neck and back and shoulders, like a normal person with their knuckles, will crack pretty much the entire day to the point that it's become almost a tick because the release of that gas provides (very) short term relief from pain that is there.

I've been rolling out on tennis balls, lacrosse balls, foam rollers, etc. which helps immensely. I also had been going to a chiropractor three times per week for three months before it got too expensive, and I stopped because it didn't seem like the juice was worth the squeeze when the foam rollers and sitting in the hot tub provided far more relief.

While lifting has contributed I'm sure, I can't pinpoint one specific injury that caused this, leading me to believe that being a slave in a desk chair for 12 hours per day put an incredible strain on my upper back and neck; if you see those memes explaining what iPhones are doing to our posture, the pain is located right where that arch is when you have your head facing down.

I ended up buying a stand up desk for both work and home, and that has helped a little bit as well.

Basically put, I'm 27 years old, and shouldn't be incapable of getting out of bed due to back/neck pain on some days which is what is currently happening. The Chiro simply stated that it takes time, and while I've seen a dramatic change over the last year or so (really took the situation by the balls when it got so bad that I couldn't lift weights any more), I was wondering if anybody else has experienced something like this and how they went about remedying the situation.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I'm desperate for non-surgical solutions at this point. Please help.

Thanks!

I would get an MR I just to be in the safe side.. IMO.. Get better bro...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

You're being very proactive so far. Good job. I hope it gets better for you.

I've had some chronic pain/discomfort issues in the past...and despite my efforts to pinpoint exactly what the cause was, sometimes the symptoms just seemed to spontaneously heal (e.g. chronic shoulder pain for the past 8 months just cleared up significantly a week ago. I used to have some chronic hip issues for a couple years and then it went away. Chronic lower back/upper posterior thigh tightness and pain that persisted on and off for about 2 years. Once I had this strange neck/sternum/upper back pain from spending a summer splitting wood. After a couple years, it just went away.

Shoulder pain situation: I worked in a snow removal crew this past winter to make some extra $ and I shoveled for sometimes over 12 hours straight. Cause? Over-use injury it seemed. I just babied my shoulder after the winter, but kept stretching it in a pain free ROM and doing what lifting movements I could. That issue just cleared up.

Low back pain situation: This will sound funny, but I am nearly certain it was because I used to fuck really hard and really long with a lot of hyper extension in my lower back. When I broke up with my GF at the time, the pain went away in a couple months.

Hip situation: I hurt my hip deadlifting, and I simply trained through it. Once I stopped training thru pain, the pain went away.

Neck/sternum/upper back: No idea why it got better.

For almost all of these problems, the main reason I healed seemed to be because I stopped doing the movement that was exacerbating the injury. I'm not saying this is exactly what is going on for you, but it's something to consider. The problem with your case is that the potential repetitive use injury is because of chronic postural stress from your job. It's hard to change that.

Have you considered more holistic factors? For example, how are you sleeping? Is your training program out of balance? Are you training through any pain or discomfort? Are you eating well and staying hydrated? Are you doing simple movement/mobility/flexibility exercises frequently?

I lift, play guitar, and do manual therapy so I used my hands A LOT. Whenever I sleep poorly, eat poorly, and/or suffer chronic psychological stress I get both neurological (tingling in the wrist and hands) and musculoskeletal symptoms (pain, stiffness in the fingers and wrists). When I sleep and eat well, my symptoms are virtually gone, even with a very high work volume with my hands.

What I can suggest is to:
1.) Refuse to train or move through any pain.
2.) Ease up on training intensity/volume for the muscles/joints that bother you.
3.) Do lots of pain-free ROM work on the areas you're feeling
4.) SLEEP WELL
5.) Eat well and drink plenty of water

I also suggest seeing a good physical therapist who has a lot of positive feedback from athletic/young clientele. There are a lot of hacks out there, but also some really good critically minded therapists.

Last edited:
Will going to the Chiropractor help?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

I have the same, really bad knots in the back. Acupunture, deep tissue, not regular kind worked for me, to release the tightness.

Fuck the chiropractor. Go see a real doctor. MD or DO...but preferably a DO who's specialty is orthopedics. Your insurance will want him to send you to physical therapy before doing any scans but it does sound like you need an MRI.
Also, look into upper cross syndrome. What you're describing sounds like it could be a version of or partially caused by upper-cross.

healthy benfits of minral water

hi

thanks for share this.before reading i dont know idea about this topics

I had a neck and shoulder injury i was constant pain all day long. went to the MD got flexerall and vicoden nothing worked. I eneded up finding a sports medicine doctor that worked for the AZ cardinals and he actually helped me in the first 15 mintutes thru therapy, It was a chiropractic and medicine treatment.

This thread is full of useful information. As a new member i have got some really good points, I am sure these can be really helpful if face some similar situation.

Try sleeping on the floor for two weeks and see if that helps. I was having similar issues and it turned out to be too soft a bed.

Back