• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Cheap protein!! Role of egg.

moon

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Let me say something.
Let say the average scoop of protein powder costs about 2 unit of money.
and 10 eggs cost 1.4 unit of money.
A scoop of protein powder is claimed to contain 23 g of protein.
Average-sized egg is said to contain 5-6 g of protein. So it is about 45-60 g of protein in 10 egg.
So by all means u can get 65-85 g of protein by 2 unit of money whereas only 23 for protein powder. :read:

Moreover protein absorption is 100% for eggs. (theoretically)
It can't be compared with whey protein ...but it sounds great.

What do u think. Maybe more vitamins r contained in these supplements but we r talking about protein only.

:thumb:

Moon,

You must realize that to get the 5-6 grams per egg, you have to eat the yolk as well, if you are up for a heart attack then eat 10 of these ad day instead of a Protein shake. :finger: The egg "white" is only about 3 grams of protein so you are probably getting around 30 grams for 10 eggs. Plus Egg Absorption (AKA BV value "Bio-availability" is not 100% I think it is 92 but im positive it is not 100. Whey Protein my be a bit more expensive per gram, but the convenience and quality make up more than the difference. Take it easy:)

My thoughts exactly giant...Though I think the white is more like 4 grams per egg - could be wrong, but again it depends on the size of the egg. Probably 4 grams per white on large eggs, and 5 or so from jumbo eggs. Either way whey (heh) isn't that expensive when you figure out cost per gram of protein. But this depends on the brand too.

This probably belongs in the diet forum.

5+ grams of fat per yolk, 2.85g protein per yolk.

i eat about 3 whole eggs and whatever 250 mL of egg whites is for breakfast every morning...

i don't see any reason why the two must be compared... just use both in your diet...

That is what protein powder is for....................to supplement!

Originally posted by Dre the Giant
Moon,

You must realize that to get the 5-6 grams per egg, you have to eat the yolk as well, if you are up for a heart attack then eat 10 of these ad day instead of a Protein shake. :finger: The egg "white" is only about 3 grams of protein so you are probably getting around 30 grams for 10 eggs. Plus Egg Absorption (AKA BV value "Bio-availability" is not 100% I think it is 92 but im positive it is not 100. Whey Protein my be a bit more expensive per gram, but the convenience and quality make up more than the difference. Take it easy:)

Are you a doctor, certified in any way, or have you done some studies that support your theory that whole eggs give you heart attacks???

I just did ten whites but a bit boring.I usually throw a couple yolks which I think are healthy in moderation.Don't think I can get into 30-40 eggs a day or more so gotta have that wonderful whey.Unless of course they come up with flavored eggs maybe.

i like eggs

Originally posted by papaoso2k1
Are you a doctor, certified in any way, or have you done some studies that support your theory that whole eggs give you heart attacks???

i think the point dre was trying to make was that eating 10+ whole eggs a day is not a wise thing to do as moon was trying to replace 10 eggs for each scoop of protein ingested. i think dre made a good point saying that even if the cost of whey is a little more, it's a better alternative than eating 10 whole eggs. i'm sure moon is interested in fat loss/lean muscle gain and i believe dre had this in mind when helping. but i'm not sure as i'm not psychologist or certified...

IML Gear Cream!
The feds I believe still suggest 5 or less a week, not that they are always spot on or anything.

Hey Mudge,if your right I must be eating too many yolks,about ten per week.But I also hear they are full of Lecithin and aminos.It also seems to be a carb-fat ratio that may affect health.Meaning,High fat low carb ok or moderate carb low fat ok.The body will burn either or for energy but both high in combo overloads the system.Ivé been working on lowering fat and increasing carb intake.

personally on some days i can eat 10-12 eggs. my last 3 meals allow for alot of fat so i don't see it as a problem. and dietary cholesterol isnt the reason for your bodys cholesterol as we all know.

IMO the number should be more like 15-20+ a day is a risk.
id much rather eat an egg which is not processed than whey.

Originally posted by papaoso2k1

Sorry if I came across as being rude...The thing is that I see lots of people giving advice...and sometimes I think they go overboard....Advice such as:" Do not eat carbs after 7pm because It will turn into fat"..you know that kind of advice

At least we agree on one thing here,Eggs are a great source of protein.I had ten last night before bed including two yolks.But still can't live without my whey.What's wrong with some processed food anyway?Technology has given us some foods that are very bio-available and easily digested-assimilated.That God for nutritional science.

Originally posted by Dre the Giant
Moon,

Who is this masked man??? lol Good post new guy. Welcome aboard.
:thumb:

Back