• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Gearing up for a meet

ckcrown84

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
First of all I want to apologize for my prolonged leave of absence

I have had a lot going on personally and on the training side of things I have had some severe issues as well.

My transition back to low bar squat has been causing severe bicep tendinitis which is all the worse considering I am coming back from two distal bicep tears

I have a competition scheduled for December 5th if I can't find a balance between low bar squats and deadlifts without severely aggravating my bicep tendons it doesn't look like I will be ready to compete.

To compound the issues I have a pec strain that has been extremely aggravated which has hampered my bench training. Assuming I can get back to benching within the next week I'm not terribly concerned with this. However if the problem persists it will be a considerable problem and shave quite a bit off my total and make doing a meet pretty pointless

In any case I am trying to pull it together but working around my post surgery sensitivities and my new pec strain it is proving difficult

1c0bb45fef4339f8c4176fe8b54d16d8.jpg

Here is some speed squats from last night used the SSB to ease my biceps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

look man, i know where your comin from and where you want to be buttake it from me. you need to throttle back on the training balls to the wall all the time. if you dont let thing heal FULLY then thing will never get better enough for you to advance to the top.

im about to be 41 and am doin much less on both sides of the fence and am doin quite will for how long i took off all this shit... i will be goin over 1700 raw as a master in the 220s. i know 1700 isnt really all that crazy but it you dont take a break every now and again you will not be able to do what you love and still be good at it. i know we got off to a shitty start on another board but i think we both have grown up a little and iv seen you make great strides in becomeing a REAL full power powerlifter. you are well on your way to being a great but you gotta be around so people will look back and say "what guy is and has been a great lifter for a long time" not "what a flash in the pan"...

pull back a little.

solid advice, rest is not the devil, good luck to you either way

Looking good Ck. I am not a powerlifter myself, just do a few power moves as part of my bodybuilding program. Usealittle advice is pretty solid for you. Sounds like a break is much needed.

Icon

Looking good Ck. I am not a powerlifter myself, just do a few power moves as part of my bodybuilding program. Usealittle advice is pretty solid for you. Sounds like a break is much needed.

Icon

I have rested quite a bit... but I am not gonna argue the point. If I buck up and make it to this meet I will take some considerable downtime and switch focus for a while.

not sayin you need/should take time OFF just take down the intensity for a while. still get work in just not 110% all the time, im talkin like nothing over 90% for 2 months plus or minus a little. you will not drop strength and will make your body feel better and put your mind a ease for more then a wk or 2.

i had to step back from the PL seen for a fue years due to injury and outsides problems and just now am starting to come back into competing again. now that in 40+ i more then ever need to be smart in and outta the gym.

take things meet by meet, dont look for HUGE jumps each meet just be a little better then last time... i know its a serious game on the platform but i like to take thing down a notch im the gym so when meet time comes i can have that fire to know im gonna do what i do. which is fuck my age bracket and weight class up.

not sayin you need/should take time OFF just take down the intensity for a while. still get work in just not 110% all the time, im talkin like nothing over 90% for 2 months plus or minus a little. you will not drop strength and will make your body feel better and put your mind a ease for more then a wk or 2.

i had to step back from the PL seen for a fue years due to injury and outsides problems and just now am starting to come back into competing again. now that in 40+ i more then ever need to be smart in and outta the gym.

take things meet by meet, dont look for HUGE jumps each meet just be a little better then last time... i know its a serious game on the platform but i like to take thing down a notch im the gym so when meet time comes i can have that fire to know im gonna do what i do. which is fuck my age bracket and weight class up.

I feel like I need to actually show you my programming so you can see that I do that

For example last week in the squat video I use the SSB so my biceps get no strain and I was only lifting at around 75% of my max...
Just getting work in

I don't lift heavy all the time. When I hurt my pec I was also below 80% of my Max
And in the past 12 weeks I have taken 2 weeks off entirely doing a complete deload

I just have some things going wrong right now

Today was a nice day
470 at .33 m/s
Followed by some doubles at around 385
Then pause squats... Always brutal

One more week off of benching and I try to resume that

Hoping to pull it together last minute before the meet

bec380d0d6000bc588577427381aee06.jpg

890d3e6b865d5f732fa55409f42f8ee3.jpg

iv seen your videos... when you lightin the weight up you do more reps or add in pauses which defeats for the most part defeats the point of lowering the weight.

when your bicep was hurt the first time (from what i know) you where doin tons of heavy squating which causes straining which causes you to pull on other muscles to help with the move... so if you call that "rest" it was not...

now im not trying to start any issue but i got a hent of attitude which is hard to see in print but the wording seemed angry. just givin my .02 take it or leave it but my point is valid.

iv seen your videos... when you lightin the weight up you do more reps or add in pauses which defeats for the most part defeats the point of lowering the weight.

when your bicep was hurt the first time (from what i know) you where doin tons of heavy squating which causes straining which causes you to pull on other muscles to help with the move... so if you call that "rest" it was not...

now im not trying to start any issue but i got a hent of attitude which is hard to see in print but the wording seemed angry. just givin my .02 take it or leave it but my point is valid.

So you are saying my extra squatting is related to my pec strain ? I just don't see that connection.

And I am definitely not trying to argue

IML Gear Cream!
ok sorry for reading into something that wasnt there...

while the squating was a great thing for you numbers the straining causes the body to contract all the muscles to try to build pressure and to help get things done (i.e. the squat). any contraction direct or indirect will not allow strains or pulls to heal fully... thus making recovery times longer.

i know its a hard thing to do but takin it easy when the body is hurt really is the best thing for you. if you continue to take the drugs but keep workouts to a minimum with very light weight as to not strain much and work for a pump, this will keep the muscle active and keep it awake if you will so that when all is 100% again you can get back at it slowly with minimal strength loss.

just giving my opinions on thing for what there worth.

245 SSB speed squats followed by 2x10 for extra volume
Speed work done at .8m/s avg

Honest to god I've never felt much from speed work unless actually measuring speed. Takes the subjectivity out of it and makes it a pretty grueling workout to make sure you hit that .8m/s

Then did some static holds on the deadlifts to work on my ever failing grip.

Arms are adjusting to the once a week straight bar squat, going to be getting two massages per week starting next week. They seem to be helping

**12/5/2015 Meet Day** A point to Prove...

Meet day is fast approaching and while discussing my upcoming competition with others the most frequent question I get is ?why?? and sometimes the occasional ?you are dumb?

Why am I competing so soon, despite some nagging injuries, despite the very real fact, that I won?t bench a PR?which let?s get real the bench is my equalizer to make up for my deadlift and therefore my total won?t be as good as it could be if I were ?healed and recovered.?

I am competing to prove a point to myself, a point that I have been proving for quite some time. I DON?T CAVE, I don?t collapse under pressure, I am not a victim of my circumstances, I am a man that perseveres over my obstacles. The competition gives me accountability, a benchmark to see where exactly I am and a roadmap for where I am going next. I don?t care about any excuses, injuries, or setbacks. I am going to do the best that I can in my present state and plan 2016 from there?

Fuckin? dumb huh

while this is true to a degree (but i dont agree with). lets just say you go out there and injure yourself more from a old unhealed injury or a new one pops up either way your gonna be setting yourself back even farther then you are now. wouldnt you be happier being able to move forword with out doubt in your mind or move forword without thinking about and injury? i would.... im sure most would also.

your your own man and will do what you like, i just dont think its a smart plan tho. so i will not keep badgering you about it, i wish you good luck

After lots of tissue work I decided to get back on a nice bench tonight
Did a few singles with 405 then 405 for an easy triple. I was gonna keep going but boss told me no... It's best to listen
275 for 20 as my down set.
Pretty nice day, feels good to be back

yup sometimes it is best to listen:clapping: dont be a retard (as he says)

Back