Alcohol: The negative effects?

Rep Points

Alcohol: The negative effects?

Well, after a two or so month break from lifting, I am getting back into it strongly.. Actually I've already been back in for around 3 weeks now.. BUT

I have a significant change in my diet.. On the weekends, I drink quite a bit.. now don't get the wrong idea.. I'm not getting completely shit faced and puking left or right.. but I am definetly under the influence. Also, during the weekdays I do from time to time have a few drinks, but nothing serious at least I don't think it is.. no more then 4 drinks total.

Anyways, how much of an effect could this/will this have on my lifting? Not my motivation, but my gains? Any experiences out there?

Rep Points

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

TEAM AY

Rep Points

"As cellular toxin, ethanol (alcohol) is catabolic and promotes structural tissue loss. The catabolic effect causes a greater loss of weight than caloric input can replace in the form of fat stores. Typically, fat distribution shifts to the belly and trunk, leaving the extremities skinny and weak. Men often grow female breasts, as estrogen accumulates in their system. There are a host of body responses to ethanol ingestion, as it acts in its drug/chemical pathogenic role. "

The excerpt above is from http://www.nutramed.com/alcohol/ethanol.htm

That one paragraph made me quit drinking beer...

Rep Points

i drink a lot less than i ever used to now but i still need to get out at least once every 1-2 weeks for a night of boozing with my buddies...
    "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight!" - Ronnie Coleman

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

BB and alcohol have no place for each other..................

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

lol....Im reading this after I consumed a bottle of 50 dollar red wine...I REGRET NOTHING!!!!!!!
    You've never lived untill you've almost died, life has an excitement that the protected will never know.

Rep Points

Are you cutting or bulking? People will say that its ok in moderation if on a bulk and that you should never drink while on a cut. Here is my take from personal experience....

First understand what alcohol does to your body and understand that not matter what you do, drinking alcohol will cause your gains will suffer. But as long as you stay consistent with your training and diet, you will still make progress. So unless you are competing, I see no need to cut it out completely. If you notice that your gains suffer too much, then cut some or even all of the alcohol out. Just see what works for you!

At the beginning of my cut, I stopped drinking alcohol period for about 1.5 months. Very hard for me because I still went out with my family and friends multiple times during the week, but I was always the lone sober. I decided to let myself live a little and allow myself to drink 1-3 times a month, always during the weekends. I saw no decline in my lifts or weight reduction besides the day after water weight gain. So I decided to add a few glasses of red wine during the week with dinner. Both the scale and the mirror tell me that I am making progress (lost 35 pounds since june). How much more progress I would have made without the alcohol is something that I will never know. And I'm ok with that because allowing myself some freedom helped me stick with my diet and training programs.

"King of Cheat Meals"

Rep Points

an alcohol bump from september 2003. First post from a user with an alcohol related "call me" link in the sig. No doubt at some point they're gonna sell you on pills or subscriptions. You internet marketers don't understand that nowadays you have to at least build a rapport first, then drop the sig in later you lazy fucks.
    Ban 2 1/2 's !!!!!!
    --------------------------------------------
    Some Oooold Pics. All Natural. More to come soon...Still all natural

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Merkaba View Post
    an alcohol bump from september 2003. First post from a user with an alcohol related "call me" link in the sig. No doubt at some point they're gonna sell you on pills or subscriptions. You internet marketers don't understand that nowadays you have to at least build a rapport first, then drop the sig in later you lazy fucks.
    What do now is get a 1 post new guy ask a question and then the new 1 post sig guy comes with the link and a solution.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Merkaba View Post
    Wow..... Didn't even notice the date lol. I just saw this thread in the recent posts and figured it was new