• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Alcohol: The negative effects?

Ralphie

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Well, after a two or so month break from lifting, I am getting back into it strongly.. Actually I've already been back in for around 3 weeks now.. BUT

I have a significant change in my diet.. On the weekends, I drink quite a bit.. now don't get the wrong idea.. I'm not getting completely shit faced and puking left or right.. but I am definetly under the influence. Also, during the weekdays I do from time to time have a few drinks, but nothing serious at least I don't think it is.. no more then 4 drinks total.

Anyways, how much of an effect could this/will this have on my lifting? Not my motivation, but my gains? Any experiences out there?

"As cellular toxin, ethanol (alcohol) is catabolic and promotes structural tissue loss. The catabolic effect causes a greater loss of weight than caloric input can replace in the form of fat stores. Typically, fat distribution shifts to the belly and trunk, leaving the extremities skinny and weak. Men often grow female breasts, as estrogen accumulates in their system. There are a host of body responses to ethanol ingestion, as it acts in its drug/chemical pathogenic role. "

The excerpt above is from http://www.nutramed.com/alcohol/ethanol.htm

That one paragraph made me quit drinking beer... :toilet:

i drink a lot less than i ever used to now but i still need to get out at least once every 1-2 weeks for a night of boozing with my buddies...

BB and alcohol have no place for each other..................

lol....Im reading this after I consumed a bottle of 50 dollar red wine...I REGRET NOTHING!!!!!!!

Are you cutting or bulking? People will say that its ok in moderation if on a bulk and that you should never drink while on a cut. Here is my take from personal experience....

First understand what alcohol does to your body and understand that not matter what you do, drinking alcohol will cause your gains will suffer. But as long as you stay consistent with your training and diet, you will still make progress. So unless you are competing, I see no need to cut it out completely. If you notice that your gains suffer too much, then cut some or even all of the alcohol out. Just see what works for you!

At the beginning of my cut, I stopped drinking alcohol period for about 1.5 months. Very hard for me because I still went out with my family and friends multiple times during the week, but I was always the lone sober. I decided to let myself live a little and allow myself to drink 1-3 times a month, always during the weekends. I saw no decline in my lifts or weight reduction besides the day after water weight gain. So I decided to add a few glasses of red wine during the week with dinner. Both the scale and the mirror tell me that I am making progress (lost 35 pounds since june). How much more progress I would have made without the alcohol is something that I will never know. And I'm ok with that because allowing myself some freedom helped me stick with my diet and training programs.

an alcohol bump from september 2003. First post from a user with an alcohol related "call me" link in the sig. No doubt at some point they're gonna sell you on pills or subscriptions. You internet marketers don't understand that nowadays you have to at least build a rapport first, then drop the sig in later you lazy fucks. :spam:

an alcohol bump from september 2003. First post from a user with an alcohol related "call me" link in the sig. No doubt at some point they're gonna sell you on pills or subscriptions. You internet marketers don't understand that nowadays you have to at least build a rapport first, then drop the sig in later you lazy fucks. :spam:

What do now is get a 1 post new guy ask a question and then the new 1 post sig guy comes with the link and a solution.

Wow..... Didn't even notice the date lol. I just saw this thread in the recent posts and figured it was new

Back