Dextrose in Fruits

Rep Points

Dextrose in Fruits

What fruits contain the most dextrose?

The Gym's Disciple
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Bro I believe grapes would fall in that category.
    ]

Rep Points

Actually fruits are fructose. I think only grape juice may contain dextrose but I'm not 100% positive. I do know that fruit is fructose though.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

The Gym's Disciple
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Yea grape juice does have dextrose. Also gatorade powder has it. Hell you can get it from Gatorade itself.
    ]

Rep Points

so would 100 % grape juice be good for an insulin spike in a post workout whey shake?

The Gym's Disciple
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Yes.
    ]

Rep Points

what's dextrose? and what's the purpose of an "insulin spike"?
    "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight!" - Ronnie Coleman

Rep Points

Originally posted by Skib
    what's dextrose? and what's the purpose of an "insulin spike"?

Dextrose is a simple sugar.

The purpose of an insulin spike after training (the only time you really want one) has a few benefits:

1. Helps drive nutrients (carbs, protein, creatine, glutamine) into the muscle exactly when you need it (post workout)

2. Stops cortisol which is a catabolic hormone which is produced as a result of training.

3. Helps jumpstart the recovery process and refill glycogen stores.

The great thing about it is that the simple carbs at this time DO NOT get stored as bodyfat furthermore it does not interfere with lypolysis.

I used to stay far away from sugar as I feared it but it can be a powerful weapon in the fight for muscle growth and fat loss when used intelligently.

Rep Points

The great thing about it is that the simple carbs at this time DO NOT get stored as bodyfat furthermore it does not interfere with lypolysis.
    Here we go again.

If cutting your are best not to use and insulin spike due to the possibility of fat storage AND is stop fat burning. If you spill over YOU WILL store it as bodyfat. While cutting, I highly recommend skipping the spike and sticking with oats after your workout.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Rep Points

Originally posted by Jodi
    Here we go again.

If cutting your are best not to use and insulin spike due to the possibility of fat storage AND is stop fat burning. If you spill over YOU WILL store it as bodyfat. While cutting, I highly recommend skipping the spike and sticking with oats after your workout.

There is no chance of the carbs being stored as fat or stopping fat burning when they are taken in after a training session. Even during a cutting cycle, many bodybuilders use the post training insulin spike all the way up until a competition and they get down to 5% bodyfat.

The Gym's Disciple
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Its true. Although I have not been doing it lately.
    ]

Rep Points

what are good ways to achieve this insulin spike and in what time range must it be used post work out?

i just finished training an hour and a half ago and had a glass of cranberry juice with my eggs... is the juice a good way to spike my insulin levels? i remember reading in another thread about somebody who has a glass of grape juice after training to spike insulin levels...
    "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight!" - Ronnie Coleman

The Gym's Disciple
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Grape juice is better. You should have it withn 45 min. Preferably a.s.a.p. If The juice has glucose its the same as dextrose. But you should be having a shake instead of the eggs. You need fast digesting protein after your workout.
    ]

Rep Points

cool

i hardly ever have eggs post-work out

i just happened to have some last night cause i had a shake for breakfast... but usually it's the other way around... eggs for breakfast, shake post-work out