• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Questions- Im a newbie

Dat Le

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi,
Im new to IM and im only 15 years old. I dnt have ne big exercising equipments, and i just do basic stuff like situps and push-ups. I want to get bigger but dnt know how, and hopefully u guys can help me out. I would like to get bigger cause currently im short and pretty skinny.

Im 168cm tall
and weigh about 55kgs

First of all i have some basic questions that i have long been waiting to be answered.

Am i too young to start training?

Plus i cant seem to get some muscle under my chest (Opposite to the top part of the abs, sorry but i dnt know what they're called! )

Some of my friends say if i carry heavy weights i might get short (And i dnt want that to happen!) Is that true?

If this is true, is there ne other workouts i can do that wont make me shorter?

Thanks,

No you are NOT too young to start training.

And NO you will not get shorter from training. I'd quit listening to those fools.

Where on the chest are you referring to?

Do you have access to ANY workout equipment?

Oh...and WELCOME!!!! Glad ya made it

if you're interested in training, find a gym and a trainer to walk you through the basics. does your school have a gym? do they offer training classes?

you are not too young

don't worry about not gaining in certain areas, just be sure to train all muscle groups

your friends are idiots

anyway, welcome to bodybuilding my friend! i was the same height and weight as you when i was 15. (i am now 68kg at 174 cm). not huge but muscle shows well on us short skinny guys (people think i'm at least 80kg)

read up on articles and discussions on this site regarding training and diet. good luck!

Thanks for the replies guys, really appreciate it.
The problem is that i live far away from my school and gyms.
Would that mean i cant develop ne muscle in certain places without good equipment?

then i would recommend buying some inexpensive weight sets. if i were you, i would get something like:

Dumbell Set

Barbell Set

Bench

squat rack

depends on if you can afford it, and if you have the room.

at the very least you can probably just get a dumbell set and while it won't make you huge, at least it's a start.

Well just then i went to buy some dumbells and i could only afford 1 :( . But i bought it neway, they are 5kg dumbells. (Im having trouble with money too :p)
Is there some kind of technique for using dumbells (i mean dumbell!:laugh: ) that i should know?

Yes, there are several exercises you can do with just one dumbell, although it may take longer to get through your workous and require a little creativity. I might suggest going to your local library and checking a book or two out on inroductory weightlifting. The pictures could be a big help since it can be somewhat awkward trying to describe it online (kinda like the muscle under your chest ;)). Or maybe you can find something at a used book store if money is tight.

BTW, what the crap does 5kg = in lbs?

What I would suggest, is staying after school and using their equipment if its far. One 11 lb dumbell is going to limit you. Find a way to stay after school just 2 or 3 days a week, or on weekends, and youll be ok :)

IML Gear Cream!
Thats what I do also, I'm 15 and stay after school to use the gym 3 days a week.

Uhm Satan, is the weider weightbench flat or can it be made flat and not inclined like in the picture?

Thanks satan, I just went out and bought the bench and barbell set you suggested.
:lick:

Back