• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Position of Hammer Strength Machine

Rocco32

UNLEASH THE BEAST
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I started using the Hammer Strength bench and incline today. Where do I set the seat? I figured to set it where the bars are parallel to my shoulders, but that doesn't feel like it's working my chest. When I use the machines, I always feel it in my shoulders.

bottom of handles should be mid-chest nthe upright one, in the lying one, parallel to the shoulders is too high.

I always raise it several inches just to get it to top of shoulders (level 3). I'm not that small- 5'11". Does everyone else just use it wrong?

You should be benching at the nipple or below, not at the shoulder level.

FWIW I dont use those, but have in the past.

Honestly, with the hammer machines, I set the seat so that the handles would hit me in the upper chest area, near my clavicles if they were one long bar. The key is to make sure to set your body right before commencing with the exercise. You must stick your ribcage out by dropping your shoulders down and arching your lower back slightly. This will help disengage the delts while pressing.

It wasn't until I started pressing to my upper pec, whether it be on a flat or incline bench, that my chest became developed evenly from top to bottom.

I like going to the upper chest on inclines, nothing else though, kills my shoulders.

Originally posted by Mudge
I like going to the upper chest on inclines, nothing else though, kills my shoulders.

Well, of course if it hurts, don't do it!!

:D

U might want to raise it a little. I'm about 6' 2 and i had it set to level 3.

Back