• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

sleeping pills????

ogabott

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i take sleeping pills some nights to sleep. I fall asleep easier, and sleep better.

My question is does this interfere with bodybuilding some how?
i read that asprin messes up and slows down protein synthesis. and i wonder if something similar occurs with sleeping pills.

(by the way, the active ingrediente is diphenhydramine)

adios.

You cannont ask a question like this without giving exact specifics, as each drug is different. If you don't know the name of the drug or the chemical it uses, at least give a drug class if you know it.

I don't mean physically dependant bro, I mean mentally addicted. I have an addictive personality to begin with and my rational is what would stop me from wanting to take them every night as oposed to just once in a while. Often times I have trouble getting to sleep by the time I want and if I start taking them every now and then, I would probably need to pop them more, understand. I started out the same way with ephedrine before some special workouts, three years later and I haven't had a WO in the last 2 years without ephedrine. funny how that works

Originally posted by Ralphie
at least give a drug class if you know it.

He listed the substance name, what more would you want?

I use the same stuff, 25mg. I have not had any for about 10 days, so I make sure to cycle it, usually I take the weekends off but I haven't "needed" it for awhile.

So far as I can tell it does not inhibit gains, but on some smaller scientific level perhaps it would, who knows. I would just make sure not to become dependant on it, after awhile it becomes less effective anyway.

Sleepytime tea I have tried and two tea bags gives only a minute 'relaxed' effect for me. Just one over the counter sleeping pill though allows me to sleep easier. I primarily try to use them to go back into a normal sleeping pattern if I have allowed myself to slack off.

gr81- no, im not dependant in any way. i just take them whenever i feel like i wont be able to sleep. like yesterday, i slept late on sunday, and probably wont have been able to sleep till late sunday nite. so i take one or two around 1130pm, and i was asleep by 1230.
i never abuse them

also, i have three different brands, and each has the same active ingrediente, 25mg of it.

if i was dependant, what is the big problem? i wont be, but im curious.

diphenhydramine is the same substance that is in Benidryl<-spell?
You may want to do an internet search on the stuff.
I don't think it is habit forming, I take it for at least a month
for allergies, and I don't seem to have a problem with it.

Originally posted by ogabott
if i was dependant, what is the big problem? i wont be, but im curious.

Why would you want to be addicted to anything? Often people that are also would be increasing the doseage as time goes on. I am curious though if this drug puts a strain on the liver, I haven't looked in my PDR for it yet.

no no. i m not addicted. and i wont be. im not addicted to anything really? I use them occasionally.

I just wanted to know of any potential effects on growing muscle.
Cuz if they slow down the process, i would stop taking them.

Back