• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

I want to become a personal trainer

brose005

Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey Guys,

I'm such a fan of the gym and not so much a fan of my office I am considering a career change into personal training. Anybody have any tips, suggestions, etc. on how to get started, how to be successful, etc?

I?m sure there are plenty of very experienced and very successful personal trainers on this forum that could drop some knowledge bombs.:thinking:

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

How many yrs lifting
Show
Comps?
Put into perspective

I got into lifting about 10 years ago, but have only got more serious for the last 2 years. I have never done any shows or comps.

To be honest, the majority of the trainers I see at the couple of gyms I have attended in the last year don't even look like they are in very good shape which I think is crazy. What happened to practice what you preach? I have no idea how they get hired :hmmm:

I'm definitely not in comp shape or anything, but I think I look pretty fit. I definitely feel I would be more marketable than a lot of these trainers I see around

Hahahaha, I know the pay isn't that good but its more for the lifestyle and general happiness factor. I love the atmosphere of the gym and the people in it. I would love for the opportunity to be in there all day. Who knows, maybe I don't know what I'm getting myself into, but I'm sure willing to try.

Ok, so I have been some more research into how to get started and the response dogsoldier provided.

First, per the Bureau of Labor Statistics the median salary is only $36,160 per year which is pretty dismal but I guess it depends on the cost of living. Anyways the potential for a personal trainer salary is somewhat substantial. It just all depends at how good you are at selling yourself and where and who you work for.

I have been doing more research today and my focus has been on determining which personal trainer certification I should apply for. This seems like a good place to start. I have been reading around as to which are the best personal trainer certifications such as this guide which ranks ACE and NASM at the top. Both certs seem to be highly recognized and NCAA accredited. Anyone have any experience with one of these?

Do you recommend going with one over the other? Or neither? Should I just go with any certification that is NCAA accredited? Do clients or employers care at all?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Best,
Ben

Back