• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Protein powder vs can can of tuna

1stplace

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So I ran out of protein powder and pre wo while i was working out of town and just started eating a large can of tuna every time I would normally drink a shake. results are at minnium they same if not better. It was only 2.5 wks so not some big scientific experiment but enough time for me to debate not buying over priced protein powder if I can get the same thing with a can of tuna and a tortilla shell. Other than convince are the benefits to protein powder? For my pwo I would drink a cup of coffee with a few grams of white vein kratom and the results have been pretty awesome as far as energy for wo.

Those are really outside of a liver supplement the last 2 supps I buy from the supplement stores because I feel like most otc supplements are a waist of my money and this is based off my personal experience and research. If i didn't eat a lot of fish I would probably use fish oil supplement but I prefer to have a excuse to eat a lot of fish!
My question is do you prefer pwo powder and protein powders and why? Or do you already see it how I'm starting to see it as a waste of money?:coffee:

So I ran out of protein powder and pre wo while i was working out of town and just started eating a large can of tuna every time I would normally drink a shake. results are at minnium they same if not better. It was only 2.5 wks so not some big scientific experiment but enough time for me to debate not buying over priced protein powder if I can get the same thing with a can of tuna and a tortilla shell. Other than convince are the benefits to protein powder? For my pwo I would drink a cup of coffee with a few grams of white vein kratom and the results have been pretty awesome as far as energy for wo.

Those are really outside of a liver supplement the last 2 supps I buy from the supplement stores because I feel like most otc supplements are a waist of my money and this is based off my personal experience and research. If i didn't eat a lot of fish I would probably use fish oil supplement but I prefer to have a excuse to eat a lot of fish!
My question is do you prefer pwo powder and protein powders and why? Or do you already see it how I'm starting to see it as a waste of money?:coffee:

I like salmon better than the tuna, but tuna is cheaper. I use the protein powders too; IMO it's best to change things up from time to time.

I agree with SA it's better to have Exchange because just like drugs your body will get immune to certain proteins for instance if you're eating beef everyday your body will get you to the beach that is why it is important to switch your protein sources up as much as possible
Tuna is a good option I just wouldn't be too much of it out of the can because of the Mercury content..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I like salmon better than the tuna, but tuna is cheaper. I use the protein powders too; IMO it's best to change things up from time to time.

Yes sir I'm with you on the salmon that where I feel like if i eat enough salmon a week which is 4-5 times personally thats enough omegas there is no need for fish oil pills.

I agree with SA it's better to have Exchange because just like drugs your body will get immune to certain proteins for instance if you're eating beef everyday your body will get you to the beach that is why it is important to switch your protein sources up as much as possible
Tuna is a good option I just wouldn't be too much of it out of the can because of the Mercury content..

Yeah thats right I think i may have been told that before. I wonder what amounts we are talking here. My brother get locked up all the time last time he was down it was like 2yrs and his diet was tuna roman daritos and hot sauce and he packs on serious size just from body weight wo and that diet.He said tho he would eat in upwards of 20 cans a tuna some days but average 15. Do you check mercury through bloodwoork I'm assuming? when he gets out next time i will pay him to get some bloodwork and see where his levels are

Millslane thats right I think i may have been told that before. I wonder what amounts we are talking here. My brother get locked up all the time last time he was down it was like 2yrs and his diet was tuna, romain noodles,daritos and hot sauce and he packs on serious size just from body weight wo and that diet.He said tho he would eat in upwards of 20 cans a tuna some days but average 15. Do you check mercury through bloodwoork I'm assuming? when he gets out next time i will pay him to get some bloodwork and see where his levels are.

Last edited:
Millslane thats right I think i may have been told that before. I wonder what amounts we are talking here. My brother get locked up all the time last time he was down it was like 2yrs and his diet was tuna, romain noodles,daritos and hot sauce and he packs on serious size just from body weight wo and that diet.He said tho he would eat in upwards of 20 cans a tuna some days but average 15. Do you check mercury through bloodwoork I'm assuming? when he gets out next time i will pay him to get some bloodwork and see where his levels are.
Well you have to think the reason people grow in jail and the main reason people don't grow outside of jail is because in jail all you do is eat work out and sleep which are the three main ingredients to getting big. Which is why Dorian Yates which sleep for 1 hour in the middle of the day everyday. So now only are you recovering while you are sleeping but you are not doing anything else to burn off any calories in jail.

As far as mercury testing goes you can get it tested through blood work the problem is Mercury will decrease by 50% within 3 days of consuming it it will soak into your organs and things like your brain so the test would have to be done the same day you consume it if not the next day.

So yes it does work for him while he is in jail and he does get big but we do not know the long-term consequences until he gets older..I'm not a doctor I just do a lot of reading, but that is definitely something to keep in mind there is nothing wrong with eating fish as long as it is farm raised I believe has a lot less Mercury then Wild. I hope that answered your question brother..

Getting a wide variety of amino acids from different protein sources is a good thing.

The comment earlier that your body will get used to a certain type and stop responding isn't true though. Sure you are missing out on certain key amino acids like creatine from red meats but, it's still gonna work.

Tuna is cheap. Whey is expensive. Whey is faster. Tuna is a bit slower. You could sub tuna for your whey long term but, it's not quite as convenient. The speed of digestion will play very little long term in way of results.

Try it out.

Getting a wide variety of amino acids from different protein sources is a good thing.

The comment earlier that your body will get used to a certain type and stop responding isn't true though. Sure you are missing out on certain key amino acids like creatine from red meats but, it's still gonna work.

Tuna is cheap. Whey is expensive. Whey is faster. Tuna is a bit slower. You could sub tuna for your whey long term but, it's not quite as convenient. The speed of digestion will play very little long term in way of results.

Try it out.
Well you might see my comment was wrong earlier when I said your body will get used to certain proteins.. well the person who told me that was Neil Yoda Hill.. I would hope you know who that is in case you don't he is flex Lewis's trainer and nutritionist along with multiple other people who competed in the Olympia such as William Bonac.. so those words are not coming out of my mouth well they are coming out of my mouth but he is the one who told me that and I'm sorry but I think he knows what he's talking about.. in fact I will screenshot the part of the email that he told me that him and post it just for the record.. I am not a very argumentative person but one thing I do not do is say things that I don't know or a hundred percent true. Now like I said it might not be true but coming from a guy with as much experience in the industry as him I'm going to have to believe him unless you can show me otherwise? Which if you do I would be more than happy to read whatever literature you have that states that...

Well you might see my comment was wrong earlier when I said your body will get used to certain proteins.. well the person who told me that was Neil Yoda Hill.. I would hope you know who that is in case you don't he is flex Lewis's trainer and nutritionist along with multiple other people who competed in the Olympia such as William Bonac.. so those words are not coming out of my mouth well they are coming out of my mouth but he is the one who told me that and I'm sorry but I think he knows what he's talking about.. in fact I will screenshot the part of the email that he told me that him and post it just for the record.. I am not a very argumentative person but one thing I do not do is say things that I don't know or a hundred percent true. Now like I said it might not be true but coming from a guy with as much experience in the industry as him I'm going to have to believe him unless you can show me otherwise? Which if you do I would be more than happy to read whatever literature you have that states that...

I had to look back about 30 or 40 of his emails but I found it. Now let me see if I know how to post it..
45d134fb129fae88a855ce478068630d.jpg

I can't tell if the picture uploaded or not butt I tried..

Back