Somatozine Log

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 84

Thread: Somatozine Log

  1. #16
    Chemistry Experiment
    ADMINISTRATOR
    heavyiron's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Staying Anabolic
    Posts
    15,410

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    36
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    79
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647


    Day 3

    Crushed Chest and Shoulders tonight.

    Came home and took my capsule. About 30 minutes later I was starving and tired. I ate a ton of food tonight. I think I'll take it after dinner tomorrow instead of before dinner.

    IronMag Labs 15% Off Coupon Code = heavyiron15


    milehigh15 coupon code for 15% off!



    heavyiron15 for 15% off at IronMagResearch

    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.

  2. #17
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR
    SheriV's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,261

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    334
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    408
    Thanked in
    309 Posts
    Rep Points
    1546820552


    Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    Day 2

    Took a cap before getting out and about today. Almost put me to sleep. I'll be using this in the evenings from now on.

    Been on MK677 a few times and I always get water retention and rapid weight gain so we shall see how this brand works.





    I'm pretty interested in this log because my favorite gh put me right to sleep and was my favorite side from it.
    I think I got so much out of it BECAUSE of the incredible sleep I got.
    Last edited by SheriV; 01-10-2017 at 11:37 AM.

    IronMag Labs Discount Code for 15% off "Sheriv15"



    Use "Sheriv15" a coupon code for 15% off at IronMag Research



    Coupon code "Sheriv15" for 15% off at MileHigh kratom

  3. #18
    Chemistry Experiment
    ADMINISTRATOR
    heavyiron's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Staying Anabolic
    Posts
    15,410

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    36
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    79
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647


    Quote Originally Posted by SheriV View Post
    I'm pretty interested in this log because my favorite gh put me right to sleep and was my favorite side from it.
    I think I got so much out of it BECAUSE of the incredible sleep I got.
    Yes, I'm a big fan of sleep myself. Just need to figure out the best time to take this for me.

    My weight is going up fast though. 254 lbs this AM empty

    IronMag Labs 15% Off Coupon Code = heavyiron15


    milehigh15 coupon code for 15% off!



    heavyiron15 for 15% off at IronMagResearch

    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.

  4. #19
    Board Rep
    BOARD REP
    TripleOvertime's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    471

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    34
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    59
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Rep Points
    15764540

    Following this for sure. Interested in your igf numbers from this product.
    Monster labs representative

    first time buyer of monster labs? Contact me for a significant discount on your first order!
    Mymonsterlabs.com

  5. #20
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR
    SheriV's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,261

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    334
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    408
    Thanked in
    309 Posts
    Rep Points
    1546820552


    Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    Yes, I'm a big fan of sleep myself. Just need to figure out the best time to take this for me.

    My weight is going up fast though. 254 lbs this AM empty
    Ya normally I'm up every cpl hrs and fidget like crazy falling asleep..and I guess my muscle spasm like mad in my sleep
    On the right gh I just went to sleep and stayed asleep..it felt incredible after like three nights of really solid sleep.

    IronMag Labs Discount Code for 15% off "Sheriv15"



    Use "Sheriv15" a coupon code for 15% off at IronMag Research



    Coupon code "Sheriv15" for 15% off at MileHigh kratom

  6. #21
    Registered User
    orange24's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    197

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points
    10721108

    Is there going to be blood work? Might be iffy with a pill?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #22
    Chemistry Experiment
    ADMINISTRATOR
    heavyiron's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Staying Anabolic
    Posts
    15,410

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    36
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    79
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647


    Quote Originally Posted by orange24 View Post
    Is there going to be blood work? Might be iffy with a pill?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was thinking IGF-1 and GH serum after 4 weeks. MK677 has absolutely been proven to increase IGF-1.

    IronMag Labs 15% Off Coupon Code = heavyiron15


    milehigh15 coupon code for 15% off!



    heavyiron15 for 15% off at IronMagResearch

    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.

  8. #23
    Registered User
    orange24's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    197

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points
    10721108

    Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    I was thinking IGF-1 and GH serum after 4 weeks. MK677 has absolutely been proven to increase IGF-1.
    Just didn't know how timing would work, not very educated in these kind of drugs. Seems pretty promising though!

  9. #24
    Chemistry Experiment
    ADMINISTRATOR
    heavyiron's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Staying Anabolic
    Posts
    15,410

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    36
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    79
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647


    Day 4

    Did some pulls tonight and went home and ate then took a capsule. So far I like this dosing the best.

    IronMag Labs 15% Off Coupon Code = heavyiron15


    milehigh15 coupon code for 15% off!



    heavyiron15 for 15% off at IronMagResearch

    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.

  10. #25
    Chemistry Experiment
    ADMINISTRATOR
    heavyiron's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Staying Anabolic
    Posts
    15,410

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    36
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    79
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647


    Quote Originally Posted by orange24 View Post
    Just didn't know how timing would work, not very educated in these kind of drugs. Seems pretty promising though!
    J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998 Feb;83(2):362-9.
    Two-month treatment of obese subjects with the oral growth hormone (GH) secretagogue MK-677 increases GH secretion, fat-free mass, and energy expenditure.

    Svensson J1, L?nn L, Jansson JO, Murphy G, Wyss D, Krupa D, Cerchio K, Polvino W, Gertz B, Boseaus I, Sj?str?m L, Bengtsson BA.
    Author information



    Abstract

    Obesity is associated with blunted GH secretion, unfavorable body composition, and increased cardiovascular mortality. The objective of this study was to investigate the effects of oral treatment with the GH secretagogue MK-677 on GH secretion and body composition in otherwise healthy obese males. The study was randomized, double blind, parallel, and placebo controlled. Twenty-four obese males, aged 18-50 yr, with body mass indexes greater than 30 kg/m2 and waist/hip ratios greater than 0.95, were treated with MK-677 25 mg (n = 12) or placebo (n = 12) daily for 8 weeks. Serum insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) increased approximately 40% with MK-677 treatment (P < 0.001 vs. placebo). Serum IGF-binding protein-3 was also significantly increased (P < or = 0.001 vs. placebo). GH and PRL (peak and area under the curve values) were significantly increased after the initial dose of MK-677. Significant increases, with the exception of peak PRL, persisted at 2 and 8 weeks of treatment. The increases in GH and PRL after the initial dose were significantly greater than the increase seen after multiple doses. Serum and urinary concentrations of cortisol were not increased at 2 and 8 weeks (P = NS, vs. placebo). Fat-free mass increased significantly in the MK-677 treatment group when determined with dual energy x-ray absorptiometry (P < 0.01) or using a four-compartment model (P < 0.05). Total and visceral fat were not significantly changed with active therapy. The basal metabolic rate was significantly increased at 2 weeks of MK-677 treatment (P = 0.01) but not at 8 weeks (P = 0.1). Fasting concentrations of glucose and insulin were unchanged, whereas an oral glucose tolerance test showed impairment of glucose homeostasis at 2 and 8 weeks. We conclude that 2-month treatment with MK-677 in healthy obese males caused a sustained increase in serum levels of GH, IGF-I, and IGF-binding protein-3. The effects on cortisol secretion were transient. Changes in body composition and energy expenditure were of an anabolic nature, with a sustained increase in fat-free mass and a transient increase in basal metabolic rate. Further studies are needed to evaluate whether a higher dose of MK-677 or a more prolonged treatment period can promote a reduction in body fat.


    PMID: 9467542 DOI: 10.1210/jcem.83.2.4539
    [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

    IronMag Labs 15% Off Coupon Code = heavyiron15


    milehigh15 coupon code for 15% off!



    heavyiron15 for 15% off at IronMagResearch

    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.

  11. #26
    Registered User
    orange24's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    197

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points
    10721108

    Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    Day 4

    Did some pulls tonight and went home and ate then took a capsule. So far I like this dosing the best.
    What's it "feel" like. Aside from hunger and being tired. Increase in pumps or vascularity? Strength? What would a good duration be for this drug? 6 months-year? Kina like real gh?

  12. #27
    Chemistry Experiment
    ADMINISTRATOR
    heavyiron's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Staying Anabolic
    Posts
    15,410

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    36
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    79
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647


    Quote Originally Posted by orange24 View Post
    What's it "feel" like. Aside from hunger and being tired. Increase in pumps or vascularity? Strength? What would a good duration be for this drug? 6 months-year? Kina like real gh?
    Muscles are very full and pumped. Strength should follow.

    I have not read any long term studies but I see no problem with 90+ day runs.

    IronMag Labs 15% Off Coupon Code = heavyiron15


    milehigh15 coupon code for 15% off!



    heavyiron15 for 15% off at IronMagResearch

    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.

  13. #28
    Registered User
    orange24's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    197

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points
    10721108

    Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    Muscles are very full and pumped. Strength should follow.

    I have not read any long term studies but I see no problem with 90+ day runs.
    Thanks brotha!!

  14. #29
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Sherk's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    AMA ARMY
    Posts
    2,099

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    13
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    37
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Rep Points
    271533493


    Sub'd. I'll be picking some up and running it after my GH run is over.
    milehighkratom.com

  15. #30
    Moderator
    MODERATOR


    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ihio
    Posts
    1,099

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Rep Points
    199522917


    Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998 Feb;83(2):362-9.
    Two-month treatment of obese subjects with the oral growth hormone (GH) secretagogue MK-677 increases GH secretion, fat-free mass, and energy expenditure.

    Svensson J1, L?nn L, Jansson JO, Murphy G, Wyss D, Krupa D, Cerchio K, Polvino W, Gertz B, Boseaus I, Sj?str?m L, Bengtsson BA.
    Author information



    Abstract

    Obesity is associated with blunted GH secretion, unfavorable body composition, and increased cardiovascular mortality. The objective of this study was to investigate the effects of oral treatment with the GH secretagogue MK-677 on GH secretion and body composition in otherwise healthy obese males. The study was randomized, double blind, parallel, and placebo controlled. Twenty-four obese males, aged 18-50 yr, with body mass indexes greater than 30 kg/m2 and waist/hip ratios greater than 0.95, were treated with MK-677 25 mg (n = 12) or placebo (n = 12) daily for 8 weeks. Serum insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) increased approximately 40% with MK-677 treatment (P < 0.001 vs. placebo). Serum IGF-binding protein-3 was also significantly increased (P < or = 0.001 vs. placebo). GH and PRL (peak and area under the curve values) were significantly increased after the initial dose of MK-677. Significant increases, with the exception of peak PRL, persisted at 2 and 8 weeks of treatment. The increases in GH and PRL after the initial dose were significantly greater than the increase seen after multiple doses. Serum and urinary concentrations of cortisol were not increased at 2 and 8 weeks (P = NS, vs. placebo). Fat-free mass increased significantly in the MK-677 treatment group when determined with dual energy x-ray absorptiometry (P < 0.01) or using a four-compartment model (P < 0.05). Total and visceral fat were not significantly changed with active therapy. The basal metabolic rate was significantly increased at 2 weeks of MK-677 treatment (P = 0.01) but not at 8 weeks (P = 0.1). Fasting concentrations of glucose and insulin were unchanged, whereas an oral glucose tolerance test showed impairment of glucose homeostasis at 2 and 8 weeks. We conclude that 2-month treatment with MK-677 in healthy obese males caused a sustained increase in serum levels of GH, IGF-I, and IGF-binding protein-3. The effects on cortisol secretion were transient. Changes in body composition and energy expenditure were of an anabolic nature, with a sustained increase in fat-free mass and a transient increase in basal metabolic rate. Further studies are needed to evaluate whether a higher dose of MK-677 or a more prolonged treatment period can promote a reduction in body fat.


    PMID: 9467542 DOI: 10.1210/jcem.83.2.4539
    [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]


    Studies show that IGF-1 levels increase anywhere from 39-89% with MK-677, depending on the dosage, how long it was used (the longer MK is used for, the higher IGF-1 levels rise), and the population it was studied in. The study you posted is about the lowest increase in IGF-1 levels seen in an MK-677 study.


    Furthermore, MK-677 increases IGFBP-3 concentrations. This is an important point to consider because IGFBP-3 is the main carrier/transporter protein for IGF-1 in the body. It's job is to transport free IGF-1 to IGF-1 receptors in muscle tissue, but IGFBP-3 does more than just bring circulating IGF-1 to our muscles. It also prolongs the life of IGF-1 in the body, which means that the more IGFBP-3 we have, the better we can use the hormone and the longer it will last. Together, this can significantly increase the ability of IGF-1 to build muscle tissue.

    I posted one study below showing an IGF-1 increase of 52% with just 10 mg of MK-677 and a 72% with 50 mg. Keep in mind that this study only lasted 4 days. Being that MK-677 continues to increase IGF-1 levels over the course of an entire year, the IGF-1 levels in these individuals would have been even higher if the study had lasted longer.






    Oral administration of growth hormone (GH) releasing peptide-mimetic MK-677 stimulates the GH/insulin-like growth factor-I axis in selected GH-deficient adults.

    Chapman IM1, Pescovitz OH, Murphy G, Treep T, Cerchio KA, Krupa D, Gertz B, Polvino WJ, Skiles EH, Pezzoli SS, Thorner MO.
    Author information



    Abstract

    To determine the effect of the GH releasing peptide (GHRP)-mimetic, MK-677, on the GH/insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) axis in selected GH-deficient adults, we studied nine severely GH-deficient men [peak serum GH concentration in response to insulin-induced hypoglycemia of 1.2 +/- 1.5 micrograms/L, mean +/- SD (range 0.02-4.79)], age 17-34 yr, height 168 +/- 1.5 cm, body mass index 22.6 +/- 3.3 kg/m2, who had been treated for GH deficiency with GH during childhood. In a double-blind rising-dose design, subjects received once daily oral doses of 10 or 50 mg MK-677 or placebo for 4 days over two treatment periods separated by at least 28 days. Four subjects received placebo and 10 mg/day MK-677 in a cross-over fashion in periods 1 and 2. Five subjects received 10 mg and then 50 mg/day MK-677 in a sequential, rising-dose fashion in periods 1 and 2, respectively. Blood was collected every 20 min for 24 h before treatment and at the end of each period for GH measurement using an ultrasensitive assay. The drug was generally well tolerated, with no significant changes from baseline in circulating concentrations of cortisol, PRL, and thyroid hormones. Serum IGF-i and 24-H mean GH concentrations increased in all subjects after treatment with both 10 and 50 mg/day MK-677 vs. baseline. After treatment with 10 mg MK-677, IGF-I concentrations increased 52 +/- 20% (65 +/- 6 to 99 +/- 9 micrograms/L, geometric mean +/- intrasubject SE, P < or = 0.05 vs. baseline), and 24 h mean GH concentrations increased 79 +/- 19% (0.14 +/- 0.01 to 0.26 +/- 0.02 microgram/L, P < or = 0.05 vs. baseline). Following treatment with 50 mg MK-677, IGF-I concentrations increased 79 +/- 9% (84 +/- 3 to 150 +/- 6 micrograms/L, P < or = 0.05 vs. baseline) and 24-h mean GH concentrations increased 82 +/- 29% (0.21 +/- 0.02 to 0.39 +/- 0.04 microgram/L, P < or = 0.05 vs. baseline), respectively. Serum IGF binding protein-3 concentrations increased with both 10 mg (1.2 +/- 0.1 to 1.7 +/- 0.1 micrograms/L, P < or = 0.05) and 50 mg MK-677 (1.7 +/- 0.1 to 2.2 +/- 0.2 micrograms/L, P < or = 0.05). The GH response to MK-677 was greater in subjects who were the least GH/IGF-I deficient at baseline; by linear regression analysis the increase in 24-h mean GH concentration was positively related to both baseline 24-h mean GH concentration (r = 0.81, P = 0.009) and baseline IGF-I (r = 0.79, P = 0.01) for 10 mg MK-677. IGF-I responses were not significantly related to any baseline measurement. Fasting and postprandial insulin and postprandial glucose increased significantly after MK-677 treatment, and the clinical significance of these changes will need to be assessed in longer term studies. Oral administration of such GHRP-mimetic compounds may have a role in the treatment of GH deficiency of childhood onset.




    Discount Code(20% OFF): arnold20

    Website: masupps.com

Similar Threads

  1. Somatozine: MK-677 Enhanced
    By Prince in forum MA Labs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-18-2016, 05:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2001-2017 IronMag® Bodybuilding Forums