• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

here is a nifty idea to sell off US national parks

SheriV

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
This didn't take long

https://wilderness.org/blog/their-plan-working-new-bill-would-sell-3-million-acres-public-lands

[h=1]Their plan is working: New bill would sell off 3 million acres of public lands[/h][FONT=&quot]

JAN 26, 2017

OUR_WILD_WebBanner_1.jpg

Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz wants to sell off 3.3 million acres of public lands, the latest step in a plan to seize Our Wild.

Under a recently passed House rule, a new bill would sell off 3 million acres of public lands?an egregious assault on Our Wild.

[h=2]Click here to call your representative! Tell them to vote AGAINST the new land takeover bill (H.R. 621)![/h]
[h=3]Find out if your representative voted for the "lands are worthless" rule[/h]

Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz's bill identifies 3.3 million acres across 10 states to be 'disposed of' and sold off, just a few days after the House passed a rules package that makes such land seizure plans easier to execute.
Fellow Utah Congressman Rob Bishop, seeming to nurse an eternal grudge against the very idea of public lands, concocted the latter provision for just this purpose. Right now, the Congressional Budget Office, which provides lawmakers with data so they can make budget decisions, officially considers public lands to have no monetary value, meaning that legislation like Chaffetz's has an easier path to enactment.
Jason-Chaffetz-Photo-Michael-Jolley%2C-flickr.jpg

Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz wants to sell off 3.3 million acres of public lands, the latest step in a plan to seize Our Wild. Photo credit: Michael Jolley, flickr.

"Trump's allies in Washington laid the tracks for this land takeover scheme the moment they started their legislative session, and now they're driving a locomotive over and through the American people and our wild natural heritage," said Alan Rowsome, senior government relations director for The Wilderness Society, in a statement.

A study released in 2016 estimated that parks and programs managed by the National Park Service alone are worth about $92 billion. That doesn't even account for the more than 560 national wildlife refuges, 150-some national forests and more than 200 sites in the Bureau of Land Management's National Conservation Lands system. But to some members of Congress, none of that matters?Our Wild belongs on the clearance rack, and the sooner America liquidates it, the better.

[h=2]Chaffetz's land sell-off scheme based on unpopular idea[/h]
Chaffetz's bill, which he previously introduced in a slightly different form, would sell lands in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah and Wyoming to reduce the federal deficit. A poll conducted just a few months after the first time he introduced the legislation in 2013 showed that 72 percent of voters in western states would be less likely to vote for a candidate who supports selling public lands to reduce the budget deficit. Most voters in his own state said they are less likely to vote for a candidate who proposes the sale of federal lands, too.

The congressman couches his proposal in populist language about benefitting taxpayers, as have many other proponents of fringe land seizure efforts. But people in Utah and across the U.S. decisively reject the idea of selling off public lands: Polling from after the 2016 election showed that 78 percent of Americans oppose efforts to privatize or sell public lands, including 64 percent of people who voted for Trump.

[h=2]Politicians are waging war on Our Wild?will you help defend it?[/h]
This is not Rep. Chaffetz's first dalliance with extremist anti-conservation proposals that try to degrade public lands or tear them away from the American people. He has previously supported measures to eliminate presidents' ability to protect land as national monuments, and to allow widespread motorized access to wilderness areas.

However, sadly, he is not alone. A cohort of lawmakers in Washington and at the state level are following the lead of the Bundy family and attacking the previously inviolable idea of Our Wild. We need to make sure our representatives remember that they work for US.

• [h=3]What you can do:[/h]
You can either find your representative and their contact info here or dial them online at 202-224-3121 and tell them to vote AGAINST H.R. 621. Demand that he or she stand up for your public lands!

• Tell your member of Congress you think public lands have tremendous value!
  • Tell your member of Congress where you are from, and about the public lands you cherish.
  • Challenge your member of Congress to demonstrate his or her support for our public lands by pledging to protect them from the Trump Administration and anti-conservation lawmakers.

[/FONT]

Sell to oil companies and fucking drill!!

Fuck the wildlife I won't live forever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's real easy for Eastern people and states to hate on Chaffetz; how much of the state where you live is owned by the Feds?

http://www.deseretnews.com/top/2318...state-is-owned-by-the-federal-government.html

Your Eastern states most less than 1%; Western states like Arizona, Utah and Nevada less than 75-80%. The Feds should not own state lands, this is not how land ownership was supposed to be handled. What the Federal government has done is unconstitutional:

https://www.i2i.org/what-does-the-constitution-say-about-federal-land-ownership/

It's difficult to change through the legislature because, there is no problem for most states, they don't care if the Feds own some other states land. My thoughts are that once there is a real Supreme Court that will uphold the law of the land; the Constitution, this will come before the court and the Feds will be sent packing. Until then the west is screwed.

This didn't take long

https://wilderness.org/blog/their-plan-working-new-bill-would-sell-3-million-acres-public-lands

Their plan is working: New bill would sell off 3 million acres of public lands

JAN 26, 2017

OUR_WILD_WebBanner_1.jpg

Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz wants to sell off 3.3 million acres of public lands, the latest step in a plan to seize Our Wild.

Under a recently passed House rule, a new bill would sell off 3 million acres of public lands?an egregious assault on Our Wild.

Click here to call your representative! Tell them to vote AGAINST the new land takeover bill (H.R. 621)!

Find out if your representative voted for the "lands are worthless" rule

Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz's bill identifies 3.3 million acres across 10 states to be 'disposed of' and sold off, just a few days after the House passed a rules package that makes such land seizure plans easier to execute.
Fellow Utah Congressman Rob Bishop, seeming to nurse an eternal grudge against the very idea of public lands, concocted the latter provision for just this purpose. Right now, the Congressional Budget Office, which provides lawmakers with data so they can make budget decisions, officially considers public lands to have no monetary value, meaning that legislation like Chaffetz's has an easier path to enactment.
Jason-Chaffetz-Photo-Michael-Jolley%2C-flickr.jpg

Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz wants to sell off 3.3 million acres of public lands, the latest step in a plan to seize Our Wild. Photo credit: Michael Jolley, flickr.

"Trump's allies in Washington laid the tracks for this land takeover scheme the moment they started their legislative session, and now they're driving a locomotive over and through the American people and our wild natural heritage," said Alan Rowsome, senior government relations director for The Wilderness Society, in a statement.

A study released in 2016 estimated that parks and programs managed by the National Park Service alone are worth about $92 billion. That doesn't even account for the more than 560 national wildlife refuges, 150-some national forests and more than 200 sites in the Bureau of Land Management's National Conservation Lands system. But to some members of Congress, none of that matters?Our Wild belongs on the clearance rack, and the sooner America liquidates it, the better.

Chaffetz's land sell-off scheme based on unpopular idea

Chaffetz's bill, which he previously introduced in a slightly different form, would sell lands in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah and Wyoming to reduce the federal deficit. A poll conducted just a few months after the first time he introduced the legislation in 2013 showed that 72 percent of voters in western states would be less likely to vote for a candidate who supports selling public lands to reduce the budget deficit. Most voters in his own state said they are less likely to vote for a candidate who proposes the sale of federal lands, too.

The congressman couches his proposal in populist language about benefitting taxpayers, as have many other proponents of fringe land seizure efforts. But people in Utah and across the U.S. decisively reject the idea of selling off public lands: Polling from after the 2016 election showed that 78 percent of Americans oppose efforts to privatize or sell public lands, including 64 percent of people who voted for Trump.

Politicians are waging war on Our Wild?will you help defend it?

This is not Rep. Chaffetz's first dalliance with extremist anti-conservation proposals that try to degrade public lands or tear them away from the American people. He has previously supported measures to eliminate presidents' ability to protect land as national monuments, and to allow widespread motorized access to wilderness areas.

However, sadly, he is not alone. A cohort of lawmakers in Washington and at the state level are following the lead of the Bundy family and attacking the previously inviolable idea of Our Wild. We need to make sure our representatives remember that they work for US.

• What you can do:
You can either find your representative and their contact info here or dial them online at 202-224-3121 and tell them to vote AGAINST H.R. 621. Demand that he or she stand up for your public lands!

• Tell your member of Congress you think public lands have tremendous value!
  • Tell your member of Congress where you are from, and about the public lands you cherish.
  • Challenge your member of Congress to demonstrate his or her support for our public lands by pledging to protect them from the Trump Administration and anti-conservation lawmakers.

Stupid question do these "lands" include national parks?

Stupid question do these "lands" include national parks?

yes

as far as my state is concerned all of our shit is state owned- they aren't in any danger (to my knowledge)
but our state is in deep shit with debt right now so I imagine there will be a federal financial squeeze

in some weird bit of events of government my state received all of its federal money two weeks too early- so idk whats going on there
it messed up the billing system bad at the college- I got a series of very strange emails and checked it out and made a phone call to financial aid to see what was up.
I'm all set but it makes me wonder if it happened at other schools in other states.

Well that's a bit of a bummer... I spend most my free time backpacking in national parks and hunting on blm land..

There is no BLM owned land, the BLM is supposed to be the Bureau of Land Management. But now the BLM is more of a paramilitary group, intent on keeping people, ranchers, off road enthusiasts off the land; it is totally screwed up now.

Park Service much the same, instead of managing and taking care of the Parks so people can enjoy them, they act like they own the parks and the people are trespassers who must be tolerated at time.

Nothing would happen to the parks other than the Feds would be forced to turn over control and management to the states; if your state doesn't take care of the parks as you wish, it's much easier for you to effect a change in policy there than to try and penetrate the Federal Bureaucracy.

Well that's a bit of a bummer... I spend most my free time backpacking in national parks and hunting on blm land..

I have been hunting on blm land for 17 years.. no one has tried to kick us off. And if you spent enough time in the back country and know in popular areas there is literally shit covered toilet paper around every tree you would understand the purpose behind the heavy regulation in our national parks..

I'm I'm glad you've had a good experience with the BLM; I have not and people I know are dead because of them.

I have been hunting on blm land for 17 years.. no one has tried to kick us off. And if you spent enough time in the back country and know in popular areas there is literally shit covered toilet paper around every tree you would understand the purpose behind the heavy regulation in our national parks..

I dont have a lot of experience with national parks.

our state parks allow firewood harvesting and hunting and I know people who have used it extensively without issue...unless they were poaching :)

IML Gear Cream!
I'm I'm glad you've had a good experience with the BLM; I have not and people I know are dead because of them.

Sounds like BLM from one state is not the same as BLM from another state because you are not running into anybody on the BLM land in the state I hunt in but hunters, and game wardens. Certainly no one trying to kill you. Not that that is a great idea any way when your targets would be a bunch of armed men.

Back