• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

need some pointers...

WOLF

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
hi all... i just started taking some l-glutimine and creatine and was wondering when the best time to take them was? i work out around 1 in the afternoon cause i work afternoons so any help would be appreciated thnx...

I've read that you need to take glutamine 30 minutes to an hour before you workout, and take creatine after your workout.

The most common is a 5-day loading period of creatine of 20g per day, followed by a maintenance dose of 5g per day and some people actually cycle it. Wrong, wrong, and wrong. 2 days of loading will give you the same muscle creatine levels as 5 days of loading, so 2 days is more efficient and therefore is the better option. Once muscle creatine stores are saturated, they can be maintained with a dose of 2g per day and any excess will simply be urinated out. Re-loading is only necessary if you discontinue use for more than 28 days. Cycling has no benefit whatsoever, it was previously thought that by taking creatine for extended periods would down-regulate creatine transporters. But, contrary to what studies on rats have shown, actual human studies have proven otherwise. Creatine has also been shown to be absorbed better when insulin is spiked through a high GI drink, so if your diet allows, this may be something you would want to apply, especially post-workout.

In general, if you are getting enough protein you are getting enough glutamine. But, in times of great stress, and/or severe calorie deprivation glutamine becomes very important. When the body is under a great deal of stress the body releases glutamine into the blood stream (as much as 1/3 of the glutamine in muscle can be released). This results in the depletion of glutamine in muscle and is a major contributor of muscle atrophy. Through supplementation of glutamine, this can be prevented. Although studies have not determined the exact dosage that is optimal, but taking 10 additional grams of the amino acid should be enough to compensate for the decreased muscle glutamine levels in times of great stress (you might wanna experiment a bit). Personally, when I supplement with glutamine I take 3g upon waking, 3g pre-workout, 3g post-workout, and 3g before bed. Glutamine is also one of the few things that can increase growth hormone secretion, up to 400% after just a two-gram dose of the amino! But, because the effect is transient, the actual effect probably won't do anything significant to your body composition, even injectable GH doesn't work very well, so I can't see a supplement doing much of anything in this aspect.

------------------
Complex problems have simple, easy to understand, wrong answers.

I take around 3 grams of creatine every morning, and another 5 grams after my work-outs, which is only 3 days per week.

------------------
Just because the majority believes it, does not make it true!

Good post, Supreme.I never thought of spacing out Glutamine dosages like that.Usually, I take 5 grams pre- and post-workout.How often do you use Glutamine?

------------------
"I'm just here to kick a$$, sleep till noon"

I use it when I'm dieting. I'm using it at the moment, actually. Other than that I don't bother with it (I have used it bulking in the past and noticed nothing).

------------------
Complex problems have simple, easy to understand, wrong answers.

glutamine is for recovery, so it's best to consume after heavy workout.

creatine is for restoring ATP energy, and stimulate protein syntesis as well, so it's best to consume creatine before and after heavy workout.

------------------
just open my profile

Back