Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Bread...

Thread: Bread...

Rep Points

Bread...

Sorry guys, I'm askig A LOT of questions today.

What's the difference between 100% whole wheat bread and Ezakiel (spell?) bread? When it comes to fat loss, does it matter which one to have?

Also low carb bread... what's that made out of and is that one better/worse then the other 2?

Rep Points

Well i have never hear of any of them but just stick too WW bread and your fine.

Rep Points

Many people have wheat allergies and most don't know. I prefer 100% whole grain bread. Arnold makes a good low carb whole grain bread. Only 9G per slice and its yummy The more fiber the better when it comes to picking out a bread

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Rep Points

Pita's are a great choice too!

INK NOT MINK
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Stoneground bread is good

Rep Points

Ezekiel bread has other grains included like barley,millet,rice and rye and a few seeds,the quality is decent.But if you can get it,Essene is the best Ivé ever had.It's like cake without the garbage.Excellent! Like Jodi said some people have allergies to wheat, so possibly a mix is more compatible with the system, and a wider variety of nutrients.
    Live Well- Live Long- Keep Rockin

LA ISLA BONITA

Rep Points

best bread is bread made at home with ingredients you actually can identify, and its not complicated to make !

Mic Murderer

Rep Points

I use a low-carb bread that's only 3g carbs per slice, 4g protein and 3.5g fat...it doesn't taste so much like conventional bread as it does seitan/wheat gluten, but I love the taste of gluten, so it works for me...Ezekiel bread is GOOD...I think either of these choices trumps whole wheat bread, but at the same time if you're not dilligently watching calories I don't think it really matters...

Peace.

Rep Points

So when it comes to fat loss why is Ezekiel bread a better choice then whole wheat when whole wheat has less cals then Ezekiel?

Mic Murderer

Rep Points

I would assume it's lower GI, more nutritious and slower-burning than whole wheat bread because of the range of whole grains?

Peace.
    T DOT O.

Rep Points

Cals are not the issue. Its what the bread contains. I don't like the taste of Ezekiel bread personally. Thats why I go with 100% whole grain and it has more fiber which is a good thing.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Rep Points

Hasn't anyone had Essene bread? I agree with Big,best bread is homemade if you have the time.
    The whole grain breads from Germany are really nice too.Of course on high carb days only and only one meal as TP suggests.

Rep Points

How are you doing on carb cycling anyway?

I can't wait to have bread again.

Rep Points

Hi Jodi, The carb cycling seems to be really helping my body burn fat better and adding an overall strength-well being.I'm doing a high-no-low-no for now.I do find the high days a bit too heavy and can't eat quite so much.I usually do a cup or two of carbs at carb meals.
    I also think that reducing the Olive Oil intake has helped,although I still do low cheese every few days.
    Anyway I feel much closer to normal on the carbs rather than the super low carb high protein diet.
    I'm doing about 2,500-3,000 cals per day,250-300 g's protein,eating 5-6 times.
    Oh and occassionally a cheat day,meaning a few chips and salsa or a Taco.Can't resist.
    Sorry Jodi don't think about that.Good luck in Vegas,keep us posted. Thanks and Aloha!

Rep Points

Good, I'm glad its going well. The carbs take time to get use to but once you do, Look Out!!

I'm not competing in Vegas!!! Thats for the pro's.
    My competition was last weekend.

Rep Points

So how did it go with your comp?? And Hey! Next stop Vegas ,right? Why not? Go for it Babe.
    Yea the carbs grow on you,don't they? The hard part is keeping it tight and not getting too loose with junk carbs on the high days.It's easy to rationalise and just eat the others- you know.
    But it's not so bad when you know the next day is a NO.Anyway I think it's a very interesting concept that Tp has and I definitely look forward to his follow up articles.Cool stuff!
    It's great to off the Atkins type starvation diet of always feeling the void.

Rep Points

Oh and Yes Ivé been dreaming about bread for along time also.Now I can actually eat the stuff sometimes.Fantastic!

Rep Points

Pics are in my gallery. I didn't do too bad considering 1st comp and the competitors were mostly from Fitness America. 7th ouf of 12 Don't count on seeing me any pro shows

TP is coming out with another article soon

Rep Points

Lookin good Jod,Nice tone,cut and mass.In fact you look really cut.Great back etc.Keep it up girl! Whatever your doing is workin for sure.Now I have total faith in carb cycling.Cool!