• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Why do most people who go to the gym get intimidated by serious lifters?

Lovetogetjacked

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So I am a member at Lifetime Fitness. I go in the morning and many of the people who are there are older people who are trying to lose weight. They get really uncomfortable by people who are serious and intense.

For example a guy that was there today actually came up to me and asked me why I seemed so mad. I told him "I'm just focused right now and I dont smile when I lift."

He then said to me "Well I'd really appreciate it if you didn't look so mean around me when I am here."

Comments like this really make me feel like I should go join a hardcore gym. What are your opinions and have you ever dealt with people like this before? It's highly annoying knowing you are offending people if you take your workouts very seriously and may look mad to them when you are in the zone lifting.

Yes its very common.

People who are out of shape feel self conscious around others who are in shape.

Makes them feel bad about themselves. Meanwhile they should be using it for motivation rather then feeling bad for themselves.

Yes its very common.

People who are out of shape feel self conscious around others who are in shape.

Makes them feel bad about themselves. Meanwhile they should be using it for motivation rather then feeling bad for themselves.

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunate they are like this, but true. I think the only way you get away from it is two options. Join a hardcore gym that has a reputation of where professional athletes train, or build your own home gym.

BTW was wondering how long is lead time right now for shipping with you guys? I want to place an order.

I don't give a shit what people think of me in the gym, and it took me a long time to get to this point. I'm respectful to everyone and have great gym etiquette, so if someone is mad at me, it's their own problem. All that being said, I'm always happy to assist and encourage beginners.

So I am a member at Lifetime Fitness. I go in the morning and many of the people who are there are older people who are trying to lose weight. They get really uncomfortable by people who are serious and intense.

For example a guy that was there today actually came up to me and asked me why I seemed so mad. I told him "I'm just focused right now and I dont smile when I lift."

He then said to me "Well I'd really appreciate it if you didn't look so mean around me when I am here."

Comments like this really make me feel like I should go join a hardcore gym. What are your opinions and have you ever dealt with people like this before? It's highly annoying knowing you are offending people if you take your workouts very seriously and may look mad to them when you are in the zone lifting.

My response to him would be stop fucking looking at me then.

Back