please rate my eating plan

Rep Points

please rate my eating plan

hey everyone ... another jodi

ok so, i've been following body for life for almost 6 weeks now and lost 2% body fat but maintained my weight which i think is great cos my jeans arent cutting off circulation anymore even though i still weigh the same.

NOW things seemed to have slowed down now but i want to drop another 2% bf in the next 6 weeks

please tell me what i'm doing wrong !!!

age 24
    weight 107pounds
    height 1.57m think thats 5'2"
    oh and i train after work which is inbetween meals 4 and 5

meal 1 6:30
    1 cup all bran
    1/2 cup fat free yoghurt (no sugar added)

meal 2 9:30
    soy protein shake (25g protein 7g carb) with either 2 oranges or 1/2 cup crushed all bran mixed in

meal 3 12:30
    100g ff cott cheese mixed with 1/4 serving protein powder on 1.5 slices wholewheat bread

meal 4 3:30
    same as meal 2

meal 5 6:30
    usually 100g chicken or 200g fish with 100g sweet potato/baby potato usually cooked with tinned tomato, onion etc and loads of veg like zuchini or green beans or whatever

meal 6 9:30
    either same as meal 2 or a cup of ff sugar free yoghurt mixed with 100g ff cc

my training is 3 days weights and 3 days cardio of 20mins HIIT .. just like bfl says.

once a week i have a cheat day which usually involves alcohol. maybe some chocolate if i've stuck to the diet during the week.

phew, ok i'm finished.

now you go.

Rep Points

my first suggestion would be to slowly increase your calories cause they are quite low...do you not eat meat? i think that your dairy is a little high as well....protein is WAY too low and you are just going to lose muscle hun
    so lets get a new diet for you. we can start you on carb cycling which keeps your metabolism running fast and burning fat like mad. you can eat alot of carbs and still get the body you desire.
    what kind of workouts are you doing?

Rep Points

You only weigh 107 at 5'2" I'm 120 at 5'1"

I would say BULK GIRL BULK!!!!!!!! You need muscle you should not worry about a little bit of bodyfat right now. Pack on the muscle,

Please reconsider cutting, you don't need it. And lay off that cardio Too much for a girl your size.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Rep Points

It all depends on your goal, I got the fact that you want to lose 2% more bodyfat. Are you interested in adding muscle or just maintain your muscle and lose bodyfat?

Rep Points

well i am quite defined,, i get a lot of comments from dumbass guys. so i think i'd just like to maintain what i have and cut that layer of fat so that i can enter competitions and possibly win stuff i saw J'BO's photos and i want to look exactly like that.. wow

whats this carb cycling you were talking about J'BO ?? sounds interesting...

as for my workouts .. ok i do 2 leg sessions and week and 1 upper body cos as i said i am quite defined already

all exercises are 5 sets 12, 10, 8, 6, 12 and then 12 of another exercise straight away.. increasing weight on each set except for last one where i drop one weight

legs i do :
    workout 1
    forward lunges
    back lunges
    squats

workout 2
    side lunges
    yes/no machine
    leg press

upper body
    dumbell flyes for chest
    curls for biceps
    lat pull down for back
    side raises for shoulders

oh and abs i do with legs

then on my cardio days i do 10mins stepper, 10 on the bike. otherwise i get bored. cant do 20 minutes on one machine.

Rep Points

If you are at a sticking point, the carb cycling program is probably a good idea. Also you may want to try something different for cardio HIIT is very effective however there is another method that I have had alot of success with, it's called MaxOT. Here is the link if you want to read about it:

http://www.ast-ss.com/articles/article.asp?AID=97

Back to reality

Rep Points

Originally posted by naturalguy
    If you are at a sticking point, the carb cycling program is probably a good idea. Also you may want to try something different for cardio HIIT is very effective however there is another method that I have had alot of success with, it's called MaxOT. Here is the link if you want to read about it:

http://www.ast-ss.com/articles/article.asp?AID=97
    Have you really had a lot of success with MaxOt? To my understanding after reading the article its just 16 minutes of interval training, correct? Whats your opinion, and why

Rep Points

Originally posted by Jill
    Have you really had a lot of success with MaxOt? To my understanding after reading the article its just 16 minutes of interval training, correct? Whats your opinion, and why
    It's not interval, it's very intense cardio for 16 minutes. What you do is to beat your previous best (measured by either distance or calories burned) each time so the sessions get harder each time. It is not easy. I did get alot of success with it and it might have been just because I made a change, I was doing traditional 30-45 min. at moderate pace before, when I switched to MaxOT, my metabolism jumped.

Interval or HIIT, is where you alternate high intensity with lower intensity (very effective also) whereas MaxOT is balls to the wall the whole time.

Back to reality

Rep Points

I thought the article said to choose an 'interval' setting? Did you?

Rep Points

They are reccomending using the "interval" setting on a recumbent bike as a starting point. They reccomend the recumbent bike however you can use any piece of cardio.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

without seeing a pic I do not see how anyone can judge her weight, maybe she is very petite.

My wife is 5'3" 115lbs.

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Rep Points

Originally posted by Prince
    without seeing a pic I do not see how anyone can judge her weight, maybe she is very petite.

My wife is 5'3" 115lbs.
    Very true Prince but at 107 and she wants muscle then she shouldn't be cutting JMHO Don't need pics for that.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Rep Points

yah give us some pics to go on hun it will be alot easier to tell what approach you should take.
    by the sounds of it you have quite a fast metabolism and so even if you lift relly heavy you wont "bulk" up. It took me a LONG time to gain a little muscle and look like i do in the pics. I eat like a piggy and still stay lean and i am sure that you will be able to take a bulking approach without actually bulking...just gaining some muscle so that you are able to stay lean most of the time.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

About your training program (don't mean to get off track here with all the diet info flying around)......Do you do any direct work for your hamstrings?? Stiff leg deadlifts? leg curls? cable hip ext? If not you should really consider it.
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Rep Points

J'Bo - If that little snapshot in the corner of your posts is really you, I want to see more pics!

Where does one find pics of other members?

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Originally posted by ajustana
    Where does one find pics of other members?
    see the little icon at the bottom of every member's posts called gallery, click it, if they've posted pics that is where they will be.

although I can tell you right now J' Bo has not posted any there, but I believe she has some posted in the OLD Member's Picture gallery forum.

Rep Points

Well I vote that J'Bo should post some there!

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

she's lazy.

Rep Points

ok so anyway.. back to me

i will take some pics on the weekend but in the meantime i can tell you that i have enough muscle i promise .. i just want to cut the bit of fat that is still hanging on. its not a lot but its standing between me and perfection.

i promise i dont need any more muscle. you will see in the pics.

107 pounds sounds little maybe but i have tiny bones .

thanks for all your help, you guys have been amazing !

Rep Points

Originally posted by Prince
    she's lazy.
    I am lazy? you nerds....there is about 100 photos of me in here...dont you think that is enough?

cant wait to see the pics then we can help you design a killer program.

why dont you start by telling us what you eat on a regular basis now? and training schedule?

Rep Points

thats all above, in my first post.

Rep Points

opps ok i am lazy. lol.

well i told you what you need to do so lets start planning.
    when i get off of work today we can make your diet together.

Rep Points

wow thanks so much !

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Originally posted by J'Bo
    I am lazy? you nerds....there is about 100 photos of me in here...dont you think that is enough?
    yeah, but I meant that you're too lazy to upload them to the NEW member gallery!

Rep Points

Yup...the lazy comment was for not uploading pics.