Online University Degrees

Training Trainer
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Online University Degrees

Anyone have any experience with these, taken them or known anyone/worked with anyone who has one?

I would like to be able to still work full time while I get another degree because of $$ but I don't want a useless piece of paper that employers will laugh at either.

Are these actually considered credible or would this be a waste of time and money if I wanted to be employable? I'm looking at a Business degree likely.
    Today I can do what others will not so that tomorrow I will do what others cannot.

The difference between winners and losers is that winners do things that losers don't want to do.

Rep Points

I am currently enrolled in University of Phoenix Online. It is very credible and as good as any brick and mortar degree. Online degrees are becoming more and more recognized nowadays. I will tell you that it is hard work. The classes are only 5 weeks long, that is alot of info cramed into a short period of time. It is also expensive, my classes are $1200 per class however my company pays for it. I am lucky.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

well, not sure I would recommend the University of Phoenix, no offense.

However, there are "real" univesities that offer classes online, I was enrolled at Regis University in their Master's in Management program (I only took one class), and the classes were available both at night on campus as well as online. A 3 credit online class is around $1200.00

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

btw, you do not have to live in Colorado to get into Regis if you want to take their online classes.

Rep Points

University of Phoenix is one of the largest recognized Online universities. "Real" universities can barely teach worth a crap in the classroom, much less online. lol Although Regis is a good school, the focus is not online education whereas UofP specializes in it. UofP is really designed more for people with fulltime careers and families. Not your average shmoe college student. So either way you probably can't go wrong, just depends on your needs and your pocket book.

Rep Points

However, UofP may not offer the diversity as some others like the one Prince mentioned.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

I do not want to knock the school, or get into a debate about it, however it's not as "highly recognized" in the professional world as you think. And it's laughed at in the acedemic world, they call it the "fast food university".

Before I decided upon Regis, who has an outstanding reputation and is highly ranked, I was looking at the University of Phoenix and after talking to several people I decided that it would be a waste of time and money.

Rep Points

Originally posted by Prince
    I do not want to knock the school, or get into a debate about it, however it's not as "highly recognized" in the professional world as you think. And it's laughed at in the acedemic world, they call it the "fast food university".

Before I decided upon Regis, who has an outstanding reputation and is highly ranked, I was looking at the University of Phoenix and after talking to several people I decided that it would be a waste of time and money.

I have to really disagree with you here. University of Phoenix is recognized by major corporations. My company encourages it. The classes are very hard, much harder than any brick and mortar school I have been to.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

well, that is not what I found when I did my research.

Rep Points

I was attending Columbia College online. I am now about to attend AIU online. There bacelors degree programs are 13 months; however, you need to have your associates or enough credits to be accepted into the bacelors program. The associates degree program is also 13 months. The classes are only five weeks. I know of a person whom graduated from this university and is now in Pensacola training to be a Navy Pilot.