brown bread, white pasta, white rice or white potatos

Rep Points

brown bread, white pasta, white rice or white potatos

just wondered if anyone knows the G.I. of these foods??

everything healthy in my college canteen has 1 of these carbs in them (like chicken and pasta, chill con carne and rice, tuna sandwich, or cottage pie etc....), just wanted to know the Gi of these so I could make the best choice if i run out of things to take in myself (or i forget to pack something with me)

thanks

Rep Points

Here is a website where you can find the GI of any food:

http://www.glycemicindex.com/

GI is important however keep in mind that the GI is based on eating those foods alone on an empty stomach, when you combine them with fat and protein it changes the GI of the meal and slows the absorbtion so don't get too caught up in it.

Rep Points

YoungD if you are trying to cut then these carb choices are not optimal for cutting.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Rep Points

thanks NG and jodi

Rep Points

Originally posted by Jodi
    YoungD if you are trying to cut then these carb choices are not optimal for cutting.
    Getting off topic a little I suppose but I often hear people refer to a 'cutting phase' when they have finished a bulking phase.

If a person is still struggling to get to that lowered bodyfat as a first goal, would this be considered cutting as well?

I have read the stickies on cutting. Are there also other sources with how-to's and types of food one would go for?

Rep Points

Originally posted by eck
    Getting off topic a little I suppose but I often hear people refer to a 'cutting phase' when they have finished a bulking phase.

If a person is still struggling to get to that lowered bodyfat as a first goal, would this be considered cutting as well?

I have read the stickies on cutting. Are there also other sources with how-to's and types of food one would go for?

There are many different degrees of cutting. There are times when people just want to lean down a little, drop a little bodyfat for summer or a vacation and then there is a precontest cut which is a completely different animal and a much more extreme program.

Maybe we throw around the word cut too much?