• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

brown bread, white pasta, white rice or white potatos

Tha Don

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
just wondered if anyone knows the G.I. of these foods??

everything healthy in my college canteen has 1 of these carbs in them (like chicken and pasta, chill con carne and rice, tuna sandwich, or cottage pie etc....), just wanted to know the Gi of these so I could make the best choice if i run out of things to take in myself (or i forget to pack something with me)

thanks

Here is a website where you can find the GI of any food:

http://www.glycemicindex.com/

GI is important however keep in mind that the GI is based on eating those foods alone on an empty stomach, when you combine them with fat and protein it changes the GI of the meal and slows the absorbtion so don't get too caught up in it.

YoungD if you are trying to cut then these carb choices are not optimal for cutting. :no:

Originally posted by Jodi
YoungD if you are trying to cut then these carb choices are not optimal for cutting. :no:

Getting off topic a little I suppose but I often hear people refer to a 'cutting phase' when they have finished a bulking phase.

If a person is still struggling to get to that lowered bodyfat as a first goal, would this be considered cutting as well?

I have read the stickies on cutting. Are there also other sources with how-to's and types of food one would go for?

Originally posted by eck
Getting off topic a little I suppose but I often hear people refer to a 'cutting phase' when they have finished a bulking phase.

If a person is still struggling to get to that lowered bodyfat as a first goal, would this be considered cutting as well?

I have read the stickies on cutting. Are there also other sources with how-to's and types of food one would go for?

There are many different degrees of cutting. There are times when people just want to lean down a little, drop a little bodyfat for summer or a vacation and then there is a precontest cut which is a completely different animal and a much more extreme program.

Maybe we throw around the word cut too much?

Back