Can diabetes be reversed only with a vegan diet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Rep Points

Can diabetes be reversed only with a vegan diet?

There are two types of diabetes: Type I and Type II. Type I diabetes is an autoimmune disease where the immune system destroys the beta-islet cells in the pancreas. A vegan diet would have absolutely no effect on Type I diabetes.

The second kind, Type II, is insulin resistance, and it's the result of a variety of factors. It is exacerbated by weight and sugar intake, however. If the vegan diet was low in sugar and reduced a person's weight, then it could reduce the symptoms in some people -- but it's important to note that any diet, including one that's predominantly bacon, would be equally good if it was low in carbohydrates and calories.

H-AS Board Rep
    BOARD REP

East of the Pacific. West of the Atlantic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Rep Points

Type II can be reversed.. Sometimes type I can be.. so long as it was due to poor diet and lifestyle. Sometimes other health issues will require a life time of treatment .. no matter how healthy you eat and how skinny you get.

Unbeatable brand new price list and insane VIP sales
    Please contact us regarding order and vip details.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by BadGas View Post
    Type II can be reversed.. Sometimes type I can be.. so long as it was due to poor diet and lifestyle. Sometimes other health issues will require a life time of treatment .. no matter how healthy you eat and how skinny you get.
    I don't think that is true in most cases; I did some research about Type II and found this interesting tid bit:

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/con...2/suppl_2/S368

It seems that bariatric surgery is very effective; if you take the time to read the article they really do not completely understand why; it is not due to the weight loss or the diet; the effects are often immediate after the surgery.

H-AS Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Rep Points

.. type II is definitely curable .. show me whatever articles you want .. I'm talking about real people.. real medical history of people i have come in contact thru my endeavors selling health insurance and life insurance (long before there was Obama Care I might add.. when you had to "qualify" for health insurance by being healthy. Now ACA plans take everyone.. Short term and Supplemental also require good health)

They will never admit its curable in the medical establishment because thats money down the drain..

You must know people who are borderline diabetics that get tossed into the Type II pool.. but treat the "disease" without using any meds.

Quote Originally Posted by solidassears View Post
    I don't think that is true in most cases; I did some research about Type II and found this interesting tid bit:

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/con...2/suppl_2/S368

It seems that bariatric surgery is very effective; if you take the time to read the article they really do not completely understand why; it is not due to the weight loss or the diet; the effects are often immediate after the surgery.
    Last edited by BadGas; 05-29-2018 at 06:15 PM.

H-AS Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Rep Points

....... (if you want to see the whole article.. click link below.. but let me fast forward to the findings):
    http://www.diabetes.org/research-and...eversible.html

What are the implications of the study?

According to these findings, type 2 diabetes is a potentially reversible condition. An intense weight loss program was able to eliminate diabetes in participants for at least 6 months. This study suggests that the disease may be solely a response to overnutrition (eating more calories than needed). If normal fasting blood glucose levels after weight loss can be maintained in the longer term, the approach to type 2 diabetes management could change dramatically.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    Rep Points

.. type II is definitely curable .. show me whatever articles you want .. I'm talking about real people.. real medical history of people i have come in contact thru my endeavors selling health insurance and life insurance (long before there was Obama Care I might add.. when you had to "qualify" for health insurance by being healthy. Now ACA plans take everyone.. Short term and Supplemental also require good health)

They will never admit its curable in the medical establishment because thats money down the drain..

You must know people who are borderline diabetics that get tossed into the Type II pool.. but treat the "disease" without using any meds.
    I am coming from the same place; knowing people who have Type II and some who died from it. I also know several who were immediately cured after their bariatric surgery; real people too. I'm not saying you can't cure or slow it with diet and weight loss; but I am saying that bariatric surgery is far more effective. I just wish they would figure out why the surgery cures it immediately.

H-AS Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Rep Points

I gotcha brother.. I was just responding to you saying you don't think so in most cases..

If you're saying because most don't even try to change whats necessary to reverse it.. versus its not possible.. then i agree..

I also know that the surgery you speak is a mystery to me as well. .. other than you have to change your lifestyle and diet for I believe 6 months prior to surgery... otherwise they won't do it..

so again.. these are people forced to change their diet.. under the threat of death I may add.. if you have surgery and go back to eating like an asshole.

I am coming from the same place; knowing people who have Type II and some who died from it. I also know several who were immediately cured after their bariatric surgery; real people too. I'm not saying you can't cure or slow it with diet and weight loss; but I am saying that bariatric surgery is far more effective. I just wish they would figure out why the surgery cures it immediately.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    Rep Points

I gotcha brother.. I was just responding to you saying you don't think so in most cases..

If you're saying because most don't even try to change whats necessary to reverse it.. versus its not possible.. then i agree..

I also know that the surgery you speak is a mystery to me as well. .. other than you have to change your lifestyle and diet for I believe 6 months prior to surgery... otherwise they won't do it..

so again.. these are people forced to change their diet.. under the threat of death I may add.. if you have surgery and go back to eating like an asshole.
    It is not the diet or weight loss; that is what is so strange; in the cases that were studied, there was no change from the pre op diet; but the day after surgery; the disease is gone and it stays gone. There is something about the surgery that triggers the body to suddenly start dealing with blood sugar correctly. I just wish they would figure out what is going on so they could duplicate the results without the surgery. One more interesting fact; the Duodenal Switch surgery is more effective than Gastric Bypass. If I remember correctly Bypass is like 83% effective while Duodenal Switch was found to be more than 90% effective. Weird stuff!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Rep Points

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Rep Points

For example, you could eat nothing but Oreos and Twinkies and be following a vegan diet). A vegan diet is more about the treatment of animals, and less about nutrition.
    They type of diet you are referring to, which can help reverse diabetes, is a diet consisting mainly of fruits and vegetables, along with nuts, beans/legumes and whole grains.

H-AS Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Rep Points

can a steady diet of vagina cure diabetes??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Rep Points

Diet and Type II Diabetes

A diet low in carbohydrates and higher in fat intake has been shown to cure Type II Diabetes.

That need to be the first step with those who are Pre-Diabetic or Type II Diabetic.

Bariatric Surgery

Yes, one of the benefits is that it works for Type II Diabetics. However, there are some negative effects with the surgery.

It is not more effective.

Promoting Bariatric Surgery

...is Absurd. Any type of surgery should be employed as a last resort.

Kenny Croxdale

H-AS Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Rep Points

can a steady diet of vagina cure diabetes II

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Croxdale View Post
    Diet and Type II Diabetes

A diet low in carbohydrates and higher in fat intake has been shown to cure Type II Diabetes.

That need to be the first step with those who are Pre-Diabetic or Type II Diabetic.

Bariatric Surgery

Yes, one of the benefits is that it works for Type II Diabetics. However, there are some negative effects with the surgery.

It is not more effective.

Promoting Bariatric Surgery

...is Absurd. Any type of surgery should be employed as a last resort.

Kenny Croxdale
    You missed the point Kenny... It works, but they don't really know why or how it triggers the cure. As I said at the end; I sure wish they would figure out why it works so that what ever it is could be used to cure Type II without having to have a bariatric surgery. And yes it is extremely effective; for example the DS has a cure rate of more than 90% and it is a complete cure; immediately like the next day, following the surgery.

I am not promoting this surgery, but I do want to know why it works so well so maybe that aspect could be done or used to cure Type II.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    Rep Points

can a steady diet of vagina cure diabetes II
    I dunno, but it sure should!