• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

What is the best way to prepare steak?

Derek Wilson

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What is the best way to prepare steak? What is the best cut to use? What seasonings are best and in what proportions? What is the ideal degree of cooking, from blue to well done? I'm looking for optimum deliciousness.

What is the best way to prepare steak? What is the best cut to use? What seasonings are best and in what proportions? What is the ideal degree of cooking, from blue to well done? I'm looking for optimum deliciousness.

It's really a personal opinion, what you like best may be different than what I like. My fav is Fillet Mignon med rare, grilled on charcoal, seasoned with salt and pepper. The Costco here always has some great cuts and I prefer the Choice rather than Prime in this cut.

I bring the meat to room temperature, rub salt and pepper into all sides, make sure the grill is HOT so that when you put the steak on the grill it sears. The cuts I get are usually about 2" thick and I grill for 5 minutes, then flip, 5 minutes then rotate 90 degrees and flip cook again 3-4 minutes, repeat. On the last side I start thumping the steaks until they have about the same consistency as the palm of my hand at the base of my thumb.

Better to undercook a little; you can always microwave for a few seconds or put them in the oven if they're too rare.

It's really a personal opinion, what you like best may be different than what I like. My fav is Fillet Mignon med rare, grilled on charcoal, seasoned with salt and pepper. The Costco here always has some great cuts and I prefer the Choice rather than Prime in this cut.

I bring the meat to room temperature, rub salt and pepper into all sides, make sure the grill is HOT so that when you put the steak on the grill it sears. The cuts I get are usually about 2" thick and I grill for 5 minutes, then flip, 5 minutes then rotate 90 degrees and flip cook again 3-4 minutes, repeat. On the last side I start thumping the steaks until they have about the same consistency as the palm of my hand at the base of my thumb.

Better to undercook a little; you can always microwave for a few seconds or put them in the oven if they're too rare.

Yes, you are right. Unless you are set on a sit-down dinner, I suggest a nice Bar-B-Que where you can cook the steaks as your guests would like. You have to be confident in your steak cooking ability and comfortable with your grill to pull this off. I would not do it if I have more than a dozen people coming over. If your party is larger than that or you are not confident in you grilling ability I agree with Chef Martin Bayer that cooking a well-seasoned roast in your oven is the best way to go. Thanks

[FONT=q_serif][/FONT]

Let your meat come to room temperature. i prefer ribeye, but new york is good. Season with pepper but no salt yet(salt draws out moisture) heat a cast iron skillet over medium high till it starts to smoke. Add a good amount of butter and some olive oil. Sear your meat about 3 minutes on each side until well browned and finish in a 350 oven until desired doneness. For medium rare this will be about 3 minutes. Youll get a great crust and perfectly done interior. Enjoy!

Let your meat come to room temperature. i prefer ribeye, but new york is good. Season with pepper but no salt yet(salt draws out moisture) heat a cast iron skillet over medium high till it starts to smoke. Add a good amount of butter and some olive oil. Sear your meat about 3 minutes on each side until well browned and finish in a 350 oven until desired doneness. For medium rare this will be about 3 minutes. Youll get a great crust and perfectly done interior. Enjoy!

Not a bad idea. will try it soon.

My #1 piece of advice is to buy some cheaper cuts of steak to figure things out, learn how you like things seasoned, etc. Once you think you?ve got a hand at things, treat yourself!

In the meantime, keep it simple. Here?s one of my favorites:

London Broil/similar cut (should be fairly thin)

Season with a full bodied red wine, coarse pepper, coarse garlic salt, and coarse pink Himalayan salt.

Broil for 4 minutes a side (I like my beef rare)

Let sit for a few minutes, slice, and serve.

Non sodium seasoning.. aka black pepper.. chilli powder.. garlic powder .. onion powder .. (just a dash of kosher salt will be fine if you must)
Don't brush with butter.. just wash good in mostly cold water.. then season..

Though we all love NY Strips and Ribeyes.. remember.. Sirloin is the healthiest cut..
You'll want to get Choice or Angus.. pay a little more or you'll get diner shoe-leather special sirloin..

Because Sirloin is a hardier cut of meat (less fat running throughout the steak, makes it a little tougher) you'll never want to cook it more than medium.. (hot pink center 145 degrees).. I also don't recommend it any rarer than med-rare.. (warm red center 130 degrees)..

Have your grill on high.. until it's time drop that steak on it.. then lower the flames to low - med low.. You want to cook it slow..
Cooking the seasoning side down first and don't flip until golden brown or slightly charred for 4-5 minutes...
Turn steak over.. cook 3-5 minutes for Med Rare or 5-7 minutes for Medium ..

After you remove steaks from grill.. be sure to let sit at least a few minutes before slicing..

Hope this helps ...

Last edited:
Non sodium seasoning.. aka black pepper.. chilli powder.. garlic powder .. onion powder .. (just a dash of kosher salt will be fine if you must)
Don't brush with butter.. just wash good in mostly cold water.. then season..

Though we all love NY Strips and Ribeyes.. remember.. Sirloin is the healthiest cut..
You'll want to get Choice or Angus.. pay a little more or you'll get diner shoe-leather special sirloin..

Because Sirloin is a hardier cut of meat (less fat running throughout the steak, makes it a little tougher) you'll never want to cook it more than medium.. (hot pink center 145 degrees).. I also don't recommend it any rarer than med-rare.. (warm red center 130 degrees)..

Have your grill on high.. until it's time drop that steak on it.. then lower the flames to low - med low.. You want to cook it slow..
Cooking the seasoning side down first and don't flip until golden brown or slightly charred for 4-5 minutes...
Turn steak over.. cook 3-5 minutes for Med Rare or 5-7 minutes for Medium ..

After you remove steaks from grill.. be sure to let sit at least a few minutes before slicing..

Hope this helps ...

That's awesome! 'll try soon!

Back