• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Ab pain?

Mindless

Hungry
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
It seems that no matter what exercise I do, I will not be sore the next day. However, my abs seem to be sore all the time now. Just recently, I did an arm day and finished it off with lots of Dumbell Curls. The next morning, my arms were fine; but my abs were very sore. I figured it was my form; asked a trainer to check it out. It turned out my form was fine.
I take nothing but foot, why is this happening?

Because your abs get worked on every exercise that you do!!! They are constantly makeing an isometric contraction, in order to stabalize your body (otherwise you would flop right over). Why is it happeneing?? Maybe your abdominal strength is not conditioned to make that isometric contraction for the duration of your workout. So it is getting fatigued, getting worked and getting sore. But it is also getting stronger!!

Your my hero p-funk

I agree with Pfunk.

It's very important to tighten your abs when you lift . This protects the lower back by keeping the back from arching or rounding.

Lower back injury can quickly put an end to one's lifting career or haunt you the rest of your life. So be careful and use flawless technique.

Yeah...I'm with P-Funk. That's why they say to do your ab exercises last because you need them to stablize you during your work out.

Yeah, but that is not always so. Actually, sometimes I do my ab exercises first thing in the workout. Why? Because, core is the most important thing to train. Sometimes I find that if I waite to do abs at the end of the workout all the time I get lazy and either do a half as abs routine or don;t do them at all. I have never had problem lifting heavy after doing them first thing in the workout. Although I don;t think I would ever do them before squats.

makes sense. Doing abs last is what I read and YES, I agree with you on doing half arsed ab routines at the end of a hard work out.......I've always done them last though.:shrug:

i'm the opposite... i have to really work my abs for them to be super sore the next day...

Back