ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,160 Posts
    Rep Points

Trump: China agrees to reduce tariffs on US autos

Trump: China agrees to reduce tariffs on US autos

"China has agreed to reduce and remove tariffs on cars coming into China from the U.S," the president tweeted. "Currently the tariff is 40%."

Trump's announcement comes shortly after he and Chinese President Xi Jinping announced a breakthrough during the Group of 20 summit in Buenos Aires over the weekend, temporarily pausing an escalating trade war between the two countries that had seen tit-for-tat tariffs imposed on each other's products.

?It?s an incredible deal. It goes down, certainly ? if it happens, it goes down as one of the largest deals ever made,? Trump told reporters on Saturday.

The Chinese foreign ministry also touted the agreement, saying the two sides had "proposed a series of constructive plans on how to properly resolve existing differences and problems.?

The separate statements, which offered conflicting characterizations of what the agreement entailed, were vague on details. The U.S. statement highlighted a 90-day window it had created to push through trade talks with Beijing, while the Chinese statement made no mention of it.

The Saturday agreement meant that Trump's tariffs on $250 billion worth of goods remained in effect, but an additional hike on tariffs for certain goods would be put on hold.

On Sunday, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin suggested the tariffs on Chinese goods could be gradually removed if Beijing agreed to certain concessions, according to The New York Times.

The agreement also came as Chinese auto manufacturers are aiming to enter the U.S. market within the next couple of years. China is currently the world's largest manufacturer of cars and car parts, as well as the world's biggest market for cars.

The Trump administration has threatened a Chinese joint venture of General Motors with a 25 percent tariff on the vehicles it exports to the U.S. The administration already imposes a 2.5 percent tariff on all cars from other parts of the world.

China recently cuts its tariffs for foreign automobiles to 15 percent, but leveled an addition 25 percent tariff on American cars over the summer, bringing the total to 40 percent.

Trump's Sunday announcement comes after months of heated back-and-forth between Washington and Beijing. The U.S. has repeatedly accused China of unfair trade barriers, as well as theft of U.S. intellectual property.

China has hit back at the Trump administration by targeting manufacturing and agricultural exports, especially those produced in red states where support for Trump remains high.

The president in addition signed a renegotiated trade deal with Canada and Mexico this week. The deal must still be reviewed by the Senate.

The Chinese Embassy did not immediately respond to The Hill's request for comment.

Source: https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...fs-on-us-autos
    PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Rep Points

They have no deal yet. China is silent. Pull your head out of your ass. When are you going to learn that everything trump says is a lie. While you?re at it, Ask soybean farmers how those tariffs are working out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by dagambd View Post
    They have no deal yet. China is silent. Pull your head out of your ass. When are you going to learn that everything trump says is a lie. While you?re at it, Ask soybean farmers how those tariffs are working out.

Yeah, the White House has already walked this back. Over sell and under deliver. The Trump way.

Funny stat to go along with this. Of the 20 biggest single day stock market losses, Trump owns 10 of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by hoyle21 View Post
    Yeah, the White House has already walked this back. Over sell and under deliver. The Trump way.

Funny stat to go along with this. Of the 20 biggest single day stock market losses, Trump owns 10 of them.

So much winning! Did you see his dumb ass at the recent summit? No one wanted to talk to him. He?s a fucking disgrace. If he came to my door I?d spit in his face. He?s not just a disgrace to the presidency, he?s a disgrace to humankind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Rep Points

So much winning! Did you see his dumb ass at the recent summit? No one wanted to talk to him. He?s a fucking disgrace. If he came to my door I?d spit in his face. He?s not just a disgrace to the presidency, he?s a disgrace to humankind.

Yes I saw that. Did you see Putin and MBS celebrating? We?ve never looked more incompetent or weaker on the world stage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Rep Points

Yes I saw that. Did you see Putin and MBS celebrating? We?ve never looked more incompetent or weaker on the world stage.

But Obama wore a tan suit. FFS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Rep Points

But Obama wore a tan suit. FFS!

I didn?t particularly care for Obama, but what we have now is a complete joke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Rep Points

I didn?t particularly care for Obama, but what we have now is a complete joke.

It?s safe to say we could find fault in any president. I thought Obama was a good man and tried to bring this country together. You could see it in the relationship he had with his wife and children. His health insurance overhaul didn?t work out so well to put it mildly but in his defense, our healthcare system has been fucked up for a long time. In terms of healthcare, I think he was trying to do what was best for most of the country, to provide healthcare for everyone. George Bush jr is as dumb as the chair I?m sitting in but he was kind of amusing. I?m 41 and didn?t start following the news or politics as close as I have the past few years. I watch on tv or read it every day. Always open to enlightenment

Trump is a lying, bigoted, hateful, spiteful, racist prick who saw the presidency as a way to make money. He doesn?t want to be president. Why? It takes fucking work. He?d rather be swindling people out of money or paying off his next mistress. Or watching Fox News hosts lick his sack and eat cheeseburgers. Although he is the healthiest president ever according to....himself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Rep Points

It?s safe to say we could find fault in any president. I thought Obama was a good man and tried to bring this country together. You could see it in the relationship he had with his wife and children. His health insurance overhaul didn?t work out so well to put it mildly but in his defense, our healthcare system has been fucked up for a long time. In terms of healthcare, I think he was trying to do what was best for most of the country, to provide healthcare for everyone. George Bush jr is as dumb as the chair I?m sitting in but he was kind of amusing. I?m 41 and didn?t start following the news or politics as close as I have the past few years. I watch on tv or read it every day. Always open to enlightenment

Trump is a lying, bigoted, hateful, spiteful, racist prick who saw the presidency as a way to make money. He doesn?t want to be president. Why? It takes fucking work. He?d rather be swindling people out of money or paying off his next mistress. Or watching Fox News hosts lick his sack and eat cheeseburgers. Although he is the healthiest president ever according to....himself.

Believe it or not, I really liked George H W Bush. I?m watching his funeral now.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...en-it-blows-up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Rep Points

Believe it or not, I really liked George H W Bush. I?m watching his funeral now.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...en-it-blows-up

My point exactly. Most republicans think that if it doesn?t affect them, fuck it. Who cares if the environment goes to shit, I won?t be around. Who cares if other children get shot up in schools, they aren?t my kids. How can one not recommend instituting common sense gun regulation? I just don?t get it. Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    510 Posts
    Rep Points

some nice posts today, it's good to see you guys.. [& I am in agreement]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Rep Points

I was wondering while watching the funeral today, who will be at trump?s? Who will give his eulogy? Sean Hannity? Ted Nugent? Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    510 Posts
    Rep Points

I was wondering while watching the funeral today, who will be at trump?s? Who will give his eulogy? Sean Hannity? Ted Nugent? Lol

trump's favorite world leaders,, Kim Jong-un, President Xi Jinping, Vladimir Putin, Rodrigo Duterte, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, to name a few of trumpski's favorite Dictators..

Numero Uno 💪
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,160 Posts
    Rep Points

I wasn't watching the funeral today and even if I were, that is the last thing I would be thinking about.

Obsessed with Trump like Chuck is?
    PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    510 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post
    I wasn't watching the funeral today and even if I were, that is the last thing I would be thinking about.

Obsessed with Trump like Chuck is?
    I didn't watch it either,, we were talking about who would go to trumps funeral, and I said that mainly brutal dictators would show up,, MAGA