ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Rep Points

How do I get rid of anxiety?

First of all,
    you need to know that there is no such thing like an anxiety disorder. whenever your mind assume that you are ill and you have anxiety disorder there is no way you can overcome it.

Let me tell you by giving an example when you are hungry you start thinking about it over and over again that makes you more hungry. But if you eat chewing gum you will not feel hungry anymore even if there is nothing going in your stomach, because you are actually fooling your mind that you are eating something.

That's what you need to do to overcome anxiety. You need to fool your own mind by distracting it somewhere else so that your mind will assume that there is no such thing to worry about.

In order to distract your mind, you can do anything you like. Things like Listening to music like listening to classical music might be a good choice, as it can tend to calm the nerves. Don?t try to listen to sad or loud songs as it may have the opposite effect. Then you can also try painting or play your favorite sport ( outdoor game). Sharing your problems with someone close to you may be a better way to find possible solutions to your problem you are worried about. Also, you need to know that you cannot control everything in your life, things will not go the way you wanted so just stop thinking about the things you can't control and let it be.

Stop worrying because worrying will not be going to solve your problem it just making it worse. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Anxiety is very much a cognitive issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Rep Points

I had anxiety at my last job . They had team meetings at the beginning of the shift. Lots of ppl wore coconut hand lotion* very allergic to coconut * . After a month and 3 trips to the hospital I got fired . That eliminated my anxiety .
    I still get nervous going in stores because you can't control what ppl wear .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by zillagraybeard View Post
    Anxiety is very much a cognitive issue.
    Yes, it is!

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by bomb_r2 View Post
    I had anxiety at my last job . They had team meetings at the beginning of the shift. Lots of ppl wore coconut hand lotion* very allergic to coconut * . After a month and 3 trips to the hospital I got fired . That eliminated my anxiety .
    I still get nervous going in stores because you can't control what ppl wear .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    I am sorry to hear that you got fired. My sister had the same problem (anxiety). Now, she is all ok. Good Luck to you!

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

I got anxious many times during my work, can't fall asleep at night, and it lasted at least 1 month out of no reason. I love travelling, I think it's the best way to kill the anxiety. I live in China and I have travelled to many places. Tibet is my favorite. There are few people living there. The less the people, the greater the view. I really love nature, mountion, river, grassland,ocean,etc. I can calm down every time I get close to them. It's like magic to me.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ARP-Kaito View Post
    I got anxious many times during my work, can't fall asleep at night, and it lasted at least 1 month out of no reason. I love travelling, I think it's the best way to kill the anxiety. I live in China and I have travelled to many places. Tibet is my favorite. There are few people living there. The less the people, the greater the view. I really love nature, mountion, river, grassland,ocean,etc. I can calm down every time I get close to them. It's like magic to me.
    Yeah, traveling is a good option in this case.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Rep Points

There are some things that I have found help me:

1. Healthy diet. (caffeine, sugar, etc. definitely make things worse - though I crave them at such times.)
    2. Exercise. for me usually cycling, walking, swimming. I am not at all an energetic person. In fact, I am often exhausted and achy (feet, legs, and back most of all) but even so pushing myself to do these especially when I am anxious and panicky does help a lot! They are easier to maintain on my good days but more important on my bad days. Also, do some exercise for weight loss.
    3. Valerian. I can’t take anti-anxiety medications. I get really, really bad side effects with everything. If I COULD take medicine, I would try (anything to allow me to live better) but I CAN’T. Valerian is an herbal supplement. If I am panicking at night and can’t sleep, I take two. It nearly always calms me enough that I can sleep - and even strong medications can’t do that. Be careful though - most people it seems can take it fine, but my mom had a bad reaction and was fainting and dizzy (and quite grey) the next morning after trying it (along with the gravol she always takes for insomnia. I don’t tend to take gravol, so can’t say if it was the mix. I have taken it with allergy medicine and ibuprofen with no issues.)
    4. Journaling. I wouldn’t say this helps with my anxiety, but I keep track on a scale of 1–10 how bad my anxiety was for the day, and it does help me to see patterns.
    5. Netflix. If all else fails, I will try to focus on something that takes me out of my head for a while. Thanks!

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Rep Points

I also saw when I worked in the field that in many cases it was tied to Dehydration, or severe dehydration and Magnesium Deficiencies, so if you are having a panic attack or pre panic attack, before you pop a xanax, you can always try a pedialyte, in addition to your breathing and relaxation techniques as well